It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Stopped Beleiving In Witches, When's The Bibles Turn?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw
The Bible never says that GOD channeled anything to anyone. GOD is a live being, as is his son. Mediums talk to dead beings
ROTFL! And so the 11 remaining disciples, and mary along with a few others are witches?

They did you know talk to a dead man, and a ghost no less.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Somewhereinbetween, gee is that a hint you like to be in the misdle and not stuck in any swamp? Lol

Anyways, bible is a useful as the paper its printed on, both edible and good toilet paper after eating said paper.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
The Bible(God) does say that lesbianism is shameful lust. There is another passage that deals with this, I will do some digging. Here’s this one for now.

Romans 1:26-27

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Apparently Paul Christ did say so yes, just as he made other laws in the name of God and of his son. Which is why Christianity should really be called Paulinity, it does the man Jesus no justice to say they worship him, ignore most of what he says and quote morality not according to him, but to some hackneyed, Roman court mercenary connection guy who says he had a vision. No wonder even Barnabas parted company with him.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Anyways, bible is a useful as the paper its printed on, both edible and good toilet paper after eating said paper.

Do you just want to come in here to bash Christianity?

Aren’t you original.

We are discussing the the Bible. If you have nothing constructive to add then add nothing. Goodbye…

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.
Apparently Paul Christ did say so yes, just as he made other laws in the name of God and of his son. Which is why Christianity should really be called Paulinity, it does the man Jesus no justice to say they worship him, ignore most of what he says and quote morality not according to him, but to some hackneyed, Roman court mercenary connection guy who says he had a vision. No wonder even Barnabas parted company with him.

No..this "is" the one passage that we were talking about...no one has found any other..no Jesus didn't say it....I beleive Paul did...

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Can we not discuss things like this without getting ugly? Seriously, No one has to agree with one another, but try and be polite. Just a leetle polite. I always wonder if people are empowered to act rude and hateful behind a keyboard. I truly doubt a face to face conversation would become this mudslinging

It isn't just the Christians throwing insults, it seems to be all parties.

This is probably a useless post anyhow.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
You have gone crazy,,,,, it clearly states that homosexuality is wrong. If you wish to try and convince yourself that it isn't then by all means go ahead, but do not take my Bible and try and say it says something it doesn't. If you wish to butt diddle someone of the same sex,,,, go for it, but I'd rather not know about it.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
That's where you are wrong,,,, the Bible states that they thought he was a ghost until he approaches them,,,,, get your facts straight.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm sure that you are just about the same as you feel about the Bible,,,,,,,, useless and good for toilet paper.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ok let’s stay away from personal insults and stick to the topic.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

If you wish to butt diddle someone of the same sex,,,, go for it, but I'd rather not know about it.

For starters that is crude and uncalled for and I will report it, it's sad when adults can not express themselves without resorting to crass crudeness. Secondly I am a heterosexual female with no interest in woman at all....thirdly....the bible is what "you" believe in.....not everyone does and everyone doesn't see it the way you do....you can not say "the bible is the right way" you don't know, you only believe it is. When one starts this type of language, they begin to show their true colors...good Christian there uh!? Your making your religion look terrible and as not all Christians here are like that, I'm sure they do not appreciate it! Doesn't your own bible tell you you will be held accountable for how you make your faith look? I think that it does somewhere. So worry about your own sins before worry about someone elses.

[edit on 1/23/2005 by LadyV]

[edit on 1/23/2005 by LadyV]

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
These freaks can insult the Bible but noone can insult them? I don't get it,,, it's the same everywhere. The Bible offends everyone soooooo much, and they can take it out of schools and businesses, but insult a person and everyone freaks.
Please.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
It seems this thread is beginning to look less like a debate and more like a lure for trolls.
I was interested in how this developed, because, for me, it raises interesting questions, but I have stayed out of this so far because of the radical mindset prevalent by a number of the posters here (no names).

It's only a matter of time before a mod locks this one out...it's starting to lose it's shine through the mudslinging.

Just my opinion...I'll shut up now.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Oh get a life,,,, if you weren't gay then why take up for them so strongly,,,,, and what do you know of being a Christian? Report whatever you want. You can downgrade the Holy Bible all you want but when I say something off color about gays, you freak,,,,,, cill out.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

These freaks can insult the Bible but noone can insult them? I don't get it,,, it's the same everywhere. The Bible offends everyone soooooo much, and they can take it out of schools and businesses, but insult a person and everyone freaks.
Please.

I am not a freak (see you have done it again) and we haven't been the ones name calling, or being crude
we have stated our opinion as have you but it has been, unfortunately the Christians that are name calling, being crude and acting badly
Why can't we debate without the crudeness, name calling, and personal attacks?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Please.

Deesw,

You don’t need to agree you just need to comply. Personal insults towards other members will not be tolerated. Period

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Oh get a life,,,, if you weren't gay then why take up for them so strongly,,,,, and what do you know of being a Christian? Report whatever you want. You can downgrade the Holy Bible all you want but when I say something off color about gays, you freak,,,,,, cill out.

SO if I defend a group of human beings, I am gay....are you serious!? I simply believe people should worry about themselves and stay out of other's bedrooms where you don't belong! You bible also tells you not to judge others but your doing it.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:34 PM
link   
That's fine,,,, no more crudeness or name calling,,,,, but no more misquoting the Bible that you apparently have not read or downtalking it and refering to it as toilet paper.

Sorry

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
There you go quoting my Bible again,,,,,, if Gays don't want others in their "bedroom" then they should keep it under covers and not let everyone know about it. I'm sorry but it's a hard fact of life that the world does not have to accept homosexuality so I wish they'd stop trying to make it.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
You don’t need to agree you just need to comply. Personal insults towards other members will not be tolerated. Period

Have you been clear with the other members that have been cursing and running down the Bible? I certainly hope so.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join