It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's and the Bible

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Are there UFO's in the Bible?Could angels be ET's?I think it is plausible.I don't think the theory is any more far fetched than anything else,or any other view in the Bible.
The word "Heaven is a translation from the Hebrew word "shamayim"which is defined as "the sky".The word "sky" is only mentioned a few times in the bible.Anything that comes from the sky in the Bible-wind,rain,fire hail,chariots,etc all come from the "heavens".
You need to rember that in the 1600's that the Bible was translated for King James of England.He was part of the Royal court.They spoke a very formal version of English.You was thee,raiment was clothing,the sky was heaven.So in almost every case Heaven meant the sky,not the pearly gates.
We also need to keep in mind that at the time of the writings in the Bible there were airplanes,jets satellites,or weather ballons.There were no street lights or neon lights to dull the sky.So we must assume that that the descriptions are fairly accurate.
These are a few times that UFO's may have been mentioned.
Genesis 15:17.....
A Glowing Object Passes Over
15:17 And it came to pass, that, when the sun went down, and it was dark, behold a smoking furnace, and a burning lamp that passed between those pieces.
This is the first indication that a glowing, flying object is associated with the Elohiym. The word 'passed' is more properly rendered 'passed over'. Furnace = fire pot. Smoking = vapor. Lamp = shining. Burning = fire. So, what is being said is that something resembling a shining, vaporous firepot passed over after dark.
Genesis 19:24.....
19:24 Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven.
Yhovah drops fiery substances and objects from the sky as a means of destruction. These acts are recorded many times in Biblical text. The word 'brimstone means sulphur or sulphur-like, obviously relating to the burning effect of the substance.
Leviticus 9:24........
9:24 And there came a fire out from before the Lord, and consumed upon the altar the burnt offering and the fat: which when all the people saw, they shouted, and fell on their faces.
A fire-like beam comes from Yhovah and consumes the alter and everything on it.

These are just a few of the things found in the Bible.There are also "dark objects","spinning objects"and "chariots".There is also "in flight ","hovering,"desending" and so forth.
Now is all this some mystical force of God?Are they UFO's ?Is God an alien?Are angels really aliens.I think it is a possiblity. It certainly is not any more far fetched than anything else in the Bible.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   
in Revelation....talk about your UFO references....

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Good call Gazrok....

3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
10:1 And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:

What I find interesting,is if you were to describe these quotes to somebody,chances are they will think you are talking about UFO's.If you look at close encounter reports,they have similarities.Bright lights,fires in the sky,beams of light coming down from the sky.
Maybe its all part of the "great deception".

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Don't forget the story of Ezekeial and wheel with in a wheel.

And look at all the ancient classic paintings with UFO's clearly depicted in them...

Some of these paintings are on church ceilings and walls.

Phimes

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well someone said. Don't remember whom. That the secret goverment groups that where and are in controll are aliens. And they created religion as a means of controlling the poeple more easilly.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So, did you read "Chariots of Fire," or watch the History Channel program that stole from that book?

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 05:39 AM
link   
So, the God who is in our humans Holly Books ( Bible, Qu'ran, Thora ) is " just " an ET ?

May be it's true. At least, it's " possible ". But I don't mind because there really is a REAL God who has created the whole universe. And this so-called ET god have been created by this God too.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Reminds me of Stargate.. well so does everything else, but HEY!

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phimes
Don't forget the story of Ezekeial and wheel with in a wheel.

And look at all the ancient classic paintings with UFO's clearly depicted in them...

Some of these paintings are on church ceilings and walls.

Phimes

A NASA engineer named Joseph Blumrich too the Book of Ezekial apart passage by passage in the 1970s. His intention was to debunk the theories that were starting to surface that the quotes in Ezekial were discriptions of spacecraft.

After several months of going over it passage by passage, he became convinced that Ezekial WAS indeed describing a spacecraft with abilities and qualities that were quantifiable by modern science.

He reverse engineered the spacecraft based on Ezekials descriptions, and went so far as to write an engineering report on it, describing a spacecraft, apparently nuclear powered, capable of both atmospheric and orbital flight, and even came up with the crew capacity, and possible mission profiles that this spacecraft could be used for.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
You know how some people theorize that the Great Pyramids were made by "alien technology"...Let's suppose that were true....than being that Moses was considered the son of a pharaoh....maybe he used some form of "alien technology" to temporarily split the Red Sea.....just an idea....

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

A NASA engineer named Joseph Blumrich too the Book of Ezekial apart passage by passage in the 1970s. After several months of going over it passage by passage, he became convinced that Ezekial WAS indeed describing a spacecraft with abilities and qualities that were quantifiable by modern science.

15 years ago I've read something about him and his job. Do you have a link or something ?

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
And to corroborate this theory even further, after reading about Eziekel�s �UFO encounter� in Von Daniken�s book, a respected NASA engineer, Joseph Blumrich, was intrigued enough to study the account further. He was later quoted as saying that Eziekel�s UFOs had ��very credible dimensions and belong (s) to a stage of technology which modern man will not reach for some decades�!

www.meta-religion.com...

This matched the kinds of experiences I had had and I later found I was not the only one to think that Ezekiel had seen spacecraft. Joseph Blumrich, a former NASA employee, published a book called The Spaceships of Ezekiel (now out of print), and R.L. Dione published a book called God Drives a Flying Saucer (now out of print). Dione had concluded that all the "clouds," "pillars of fire," and "pillars of cloud" mentioned in the Bible were really descriptions of spacecraft, and my experiences supported his conclusions.

www.operationterra.com...

"....(In recent years the technical interpretation by Joseph Blumrich, an ex-NASA engineer, in The Spaceships of Ezequiel, has received favorable attention. An early depiction of a Flying Chariot, attests to the widespread awareness of the phenomenon in antiquity in all parts of the world).

www.geocities.com...

From this, Joseph F Blumrich, a senior executive at NASA's Marshall Spaceflight Center, reconstructed the "spacecraft" Ezekiel saw; according to Blumrich, it was an elaborate device like a quadruple helicopter.
Assessment: Of the pillars of cloud and fire in Exodus, Ronald Story notes that the Bible says that, when the Hebrews arrived at Mt Sinai, they found it "altogether in a smoke, because the Lord descended upon it in fire� and the whole mount quaked greatly" - which Story considers more likely to be a volcano than a UFO.

www.btinternet.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
To the average person with common sense, 'fire coming down from heaven' is attributed with comets, meteor showers, etc. It's amazing how you people completely overlook this basic fact. In simpler times (ancient history) such phenomenon was probably more supernatual in origin to the populations of those times, because they couldn't explain it, so they described it as best as they could.

The pyramids are a great wonder, and they hold many clues as to an advanced culture, but they weren't built by aliens. If so, then why would aliens allow the kings of ancient egypt to be buried in them? Are aliens so dull that they actually think kings were better people than the masses? I don't think so. We are all created equal.

As far as Ezekiel talking about flying saucers...Hollywood was using "flying discs" in movies before the Roswell crash, people believe what they see too much, so naturally someone will try to find correlation between Ezekiel's passages and Flying Saucers because that's the most common UFO.

It's strange how the UFO fans are the most likely to come up with something outrageous from something so simple.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sorry but the splitting of the red sea is a phenomenom already documented in a geographical context, it literally comes down to tides.

posted on Jun, 18 2003 @ 04:51 PM
link   

To the average person with common sense, 'fire coming down from heaven' is attributed with comets, meteor showers, etc. It's amazing how you people completely overlook this basic fact. In simpler times (ancient history) such phenomenon was probably more supernatual in origin to the populations of those times, because they couldn't explain it, so they described it as best as they could.

To a large extent I agree.In fact I would wager 90% of sightings in both the bible and modern day are explainable.But if you take what has been written in the Bible,you will be hard pressed to prove what they are seeing.They did have a basic understanding of astronomy.And things are open to interptation.Everything in the Bible is supposed to be accurate which means they did see miracles and maybe those miracles were UFO related.

Sorry but the splitting of the red sea is a phenomenom already documented in a geographical context, it literally comes down to tides.

I saw a show on that.(Discovery or History channel)
The way they explained it seemed forced.Like they were trying to make us believe what they were saying.Maybe I understood it wrong,or maybe they have updated it so it makes more sense.

posted on Jun, 25 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
you should check out Genesis chapter 6

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 05:55 AM
link   
"quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw a show on that.(Discovery or History channel)
The way they explained it seemed forced.Like they were trying to make us believe what they were saying.Maybe I understood it wrong,or maybe they have updated it so it makes more sense."

As yet it has not been explained to any degree of certainty. There are several theories for it, even to the extent it may have been caused by the santorini volcano exploding. (The explosion would have caused a tidal wave or mega tsunami, this would have had the effect of firstly drawing all the water back after which the wave would have come)

and don`t forget Genesis Chapter 19 the story of Lot

posted on Jun, 29 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I've been studying this phenomenon off and on for a couple of years now (5+yrs). I used to be very heavy on the bible, and my faith was unmovable, but my belief that there HAS to be life out there, and my belief that some of that life is entangled with Earth, still held certain weight, and interest in my belief system. Now I honestly believe that eveything in the Bible has happened, and is true, but the only thing is not true is the actual identification of God himself. I believe that one of (4, Dimensional, 57) these races of beings is responsible for religions of this world. Why? I've read some things that suggest that basically planet Earth is a giant cattle field for these beings.
What does that mean? To me, fom all that I've seen I no longer believe in God. Also I have concluded for myself that since th Bible has recorded things that have been proven to be have happened, then the prophecies must then be true. Only now they have a saddistic lok to them.
Input would be greatly appreciated. I still need to learn more of this phenomenon.Text Black

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   

As yet it has not been explained to any degree of certainty. There are several theories for it, even to the extent it may have been caused by the santorini volcano exploding. (The explosion would have caused a tidal wave or mega tsunami, this would have had the effect of firstly drawing all the water back after which the wave would have come)

That sounds about right Cassini.They were speculating on how it might have happened.Not that it did.It was just someone saying if this,this and this happened,it might be possible.
SuperJavie,
there is a ton of info out there.Do google searches.You'll find lots of stuff.Of course most of it will just lead you to more questions.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nyeff,

Have you ever heard of the Angel Scroll?

I don't know if the scroll has been proven to be legit... but about a year ago i read about it... the small amount of translated text seemed to clearly talk about aliens and ufo's...

Look it up and tell me what you think about it.

Peace,

MrFreeze

top topics

<<   2 >>

join