It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tsunami caused by us goverment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Does anyone think that the tsunami was caused by the us goverment setting of a bomb that caused the tsunami so that they could take over the area?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Absurd. Not possible and if you've bothered to read the hundred other posts about a bomb causing the tsunami you'd understand this. It's a natural occurance and has happened many times over.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Who knows?

But I agree, it is a natural occurance. No point in blaming anyone else besides nature for this.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Here this theory the Us set bombs all the time always recklessly testing these bombs world over. There was an icident in 1968, or somewhere, could be earlier when the former soviet union tested a nuclear weapon out in the ocean , and it created something similar to this, and produce earth tremors which was previously thought to be an earthquake. which was felt as far away in Norway. It's only when the soviet union collapsed that the top secret routine was leaked out. that's an historical fact. but it could be a real one, mind you no aftershocks was reported. But then again, there needs to be further investigation to the U.s advanced warning of the tsunami and failing to say something.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
are you sure that there were no aftershocks?

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
If i had to put Natures wrath aside, my Tsunami theory does not involve bombs or US agenda's.

The Tsunami was perhaps an accidental casuality of man's quest for oil/greed. Check it out.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Actually, no. It's not a possiblity. Don't be ignorant.

Originally posted by crusader
but it could be a real one, mind you no aftershocks was reported. But then again, there needs to be further investigation to the U.s advanced warning of the tsunami and failing to say something.

Are you talking about after this quake? Because they're still experiencing aftershocks..

You people have no idea how much energy is needed to create and earthquake and how much energy is released in an earthquake. I can guarentee you that in your lifetime, in your children's children lifetime there will be no weapon on earth that can produce that much power.

Does anyone think that the tsunami was caused by the us goverment setting of a bomb that caused the tsunami so that they could take over the area?

Why would we want to take over that area?
What affected country or countries are we enemies with? I'll give you a hint - none.

And if we were trying to take over the area, why would we create an earthquake and tsunami that only affected tourists and poor people. Why not just do it on a major city?

Come on people. Don't be (unintelligent). Deny ignorance.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Not a mod, but use the search feature....it's all been said before!
and no, I don't think it was a bomb.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   
No Brooklynmark, I don't, Look at the world here and determine from this what really is the cause.. Allot of Earth movement in my opinion...
www.iris.edu...
If there is anouther reason... I just don't see it here.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
NO, the Tsunami was not caused by the US Government.
>

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It seems rather funny when anything wrong happens in the world the USA gets blamed outright and conspiracys get talked about how they did and what secret black project done it

say for instance a meteor hit earth i can bet some 1 will be shouting USA ,they tracktor beemed it from space or some # like that

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   
From CNN on how powerful the quake was:

"How powerful? By some estimates, it was equal to detonating a million atomic bombs."

Full Story

That would be one HELL OF A BOMB.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   

It seems rather funny when anything wrong happens in the world the USA gets blamed outright and conspiracys get talked about how they did and what secret black project done it

Yeah it is funny.

Why blame the US?
Why not balme.....I don't know......Chile? or Portugal?
I guess that's what we get for being a superpower....

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What a load of rubbish, it was an earthquake and the reason this is known is because an earthquake gives out a familiar signature of earthquake waves that only a fault moving can produce.

A nuclear bomb, or other such device gives out its own charateristic set of waves, and the diffrence is considerable. This is how the americans kept check on nuclear tests in the old U.S.S.R

Stop the crazy conspiracy theories and have some respect for the victims

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nah -- not possible for all the reasons stated above.

But WHY does everyone automatically say the US did everything -- as far as this thought went -- there are a whole boatload of other countries who have nuclear capabilities so why not pin it on some of them for a change.

jm

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ok people...this right here! This is type of thinking right here in this thread, this is what gets to me...while I am always up for good conspiracy...this so ridicules and laughable! What's wrong with some of you guys!
::::::walks away shaking head:::::

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   
let's forget the science, because there are things, science can't explain as yet. what do we know about? tetonic plates? what do we really know about the earth itself? what do we know about the government are they for us, or against us that's just a theory but it's a fact there are eartyhqyuake devicxes.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Separate threads and many views later, we are still no closer to the answer. Anyone want a definitive answer ? Get Fox News to do an investigative piece on this. Whatever conclusion they come up with has GOT TO GOT TO be RIGHT.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by brooklynmark

oh man! it's one thing to critisize the US government about its arrogant policies worldwide, but this? it's the stupidest thing I ever heard. Shame on you!

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The US gets blamed for everything because the US is a power hungry son of a bitch country being ran by a hick ass retard.

i think we did make that Tsunami/earthquake with HAARP not a nuke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join