It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did corporate oil companies cause the Tsunami/Earthquake?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Could the Asian Tsunami/Earthquake been a simple coincidence of nature?or was it the work of a corporate oil seach turned tragedy?

Earthquake: Coincidence or a Corporate Oil Tragedy?

November 28th (Tasmania/New Zealand) - 169 whales and dolphins beached
Bob Brown, a senator in the Australian parliament, said "sound bombing" or seismic tests of ocean floors to test for oil and gas had been carried out near the sites of the Tasmanian beachings recently.

December 24th (Tasmania/New Zealand) - magnitude 8.1 earthquake with a subsequent aftershock 6.1
Same region where they are ocean floor testing for oil and beached whales

December 26th (intersection the Australian plate & India plate) - magnitude 9.0 earthquake
Involving the same Australian tectonic plate from the Tasmanian region

December 27th (Tasmania/New Zealand) - 20 whales beached themselves again
More beached whales following the SE Asia Tsunami/Earthquake

Australia has given great tax breaks to encourage the oil exploration

[edit on 30-12-2004 by syntaxer]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Oh for Chrissake...

No. For the last time, it was those Nordic Vampires from Atlantis. Get your facts straight.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Once again, "thelibra", a well known disinfo agent, is sending you down the primrose path.

The real culprit (and I have documented evidence which, unfortunately, I am not allowed to publish) is the International House of Pancakes.

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Off_The_Street,

Now that was funny!!!

I heard they were building a Starbucks down there, maybe that did it?

[edit on 30-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Syntaxer it is an interesting theory as there where messing with vibrations 40 clicks into the seabed and being in the general area, I can entertain the idea unlike some other members that seem to know all there is about everything.

[edit on 30/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer (from another thread)
Let me guess, you're refering to those Nordic Vampires from Atlantis right?

ROFLMAO... Yes! Exactly! Damned pesky things, those NVFAs...
Dude that post made me quite literally laugh out loud.

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Once again, "thelibra", a well known disinfo agent, is sending you down the primrose path.

The real culprit (and I have documented evidence which, unfortunately, I am not allowed to publish) is the International House of Pancakes.

Ah, but who do you think controls the IHOP? It's the shadowy figures behind the Rootie-Tootie-Fresh-and-Fruity Breakfast...

Originally posted by Sauron
I can entertain the idea unlike some other members that seem to know all there is about everything.

Duuuude, it was a joke, in reference to an earlier thread. I'll be the first to admit that I know only two things, and one of them is named Jack. Yet, I can BS my way through a serious conversation any day of the week. However, a good joke comes along but once in a blue moon.

Anyway, on to more serious discussion...

I think there may be more merit to the cosmic ray theory on this anomolous weather in Earth's atmosphere. In short, a recent increase in cosmic rays is thought to be causing an increase in the electric charge in the atmosphere, which could potentially affect the weather.

Now combine that with the recent transition of El Nino to La Nina (or is it vice versa). Every seven years, one switches to the other, and we undergo a whole new pattern of crazy weather. The last time the weather was this crazy would be roughly 14 years ago, which is just enough time for people to forget. If memory serves, 14 years ago we had some pretty insane weather, even for Texas.

Still, Earthquakes... I don't know. I suppose it's entirely possible. Tesla discovered quite a bit of scary stuff that dealt with harmonics, and I expect it's possible that side effects of the search for oil to have produced them.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
Syntaxer it is an interesting theory as there where messing with vibrations 40 clicks into the seabed and being in the general area, I can entertain the idea unlike some other members that seem to know all there is about everything.

Exactly,

It is an interesting theory at best, in no way am i standing by this theory and declaring it as evidence. All i can say to Sauron is thanks for at least taking the time to read the provided link, oh and commenting on the scientific possibility behind this theory.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
while I know nothing about geology, I would think that it would be possible to trigger earthquakes by drilling into the sea floor. I'm sick so I didn't look at your link but did it say that drilling in the tasmanian region could affect that fault line? It seems possible to me that it could trigger a major shift if they hit the wrong spot.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
while I know nothing about geology, I would think that it would be possible to trigger earthquakes by drilling into the sea floor. I'm sick so I didn't look at your link but did it say that drilling in the tasmanian region could affect that fault line? It seems possible to me that it could trigger a major shift if they hit the wrong spot.

No, not exactly physical drilling into the sea floor (yet). Bob Brown, a senator in the Australian parliament refered to it as "sound bombing" the sea floor, basically seismic tests using viberations.

According to the Australian Conservation Foundation, these 200dB � 230dB shots from the airguns are fired every 10 seconds or so, from 10 meters below the surface, 24 hours a day, for 2 week periods of time, weather permitting.

So IMO it does impact the aquatic life (whales) and perhaps caused damage to the tectonic plates foundation, well enough for them to shift/collide.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
very interesting thought syntaxer,
i too, also think man may have played a part in it.
atomic testing at muaroa atoll,(could it have affected the plates ?)
the tasssie undersea quake.
the taking of oil from underground.(is there a large void left from where
the oil is taken?)
gas of the west coast, timor sea, oil in bass strait,
could it b , 1 part man-- 2 parts nature?????

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I find it extraordinarily hard to beleive that the charges these guys are using actually cause an earthquake.

Is it really necessary to suggest that anyone caused them? This is the ring of fire. This is a place where multiple plate boundaries intersect. Notjust one plate riding over another, and not even "just" a three plate boundary system, but multiple plates, some larger and some smaller. Its a place that, quite simply, is going to have lots of earthquakes. Its fortunate that there haven't been more more recently. \
Also, its really difficult to see how the charges they are using, which are exploratory charges used to get seismic information, can make any sort of different. Its not like an earthquake is a mouse trap, waiting to go off. There its entire contintental plates thrusting against one another and tremendous pressure and depth and tempurature. The buzzings of some monekys with firecrackers isn't going to have an affect.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am just a layman in these matters of tectonic plates, Air guns and Seismic Surveys etc, so this is just my limited opinion; it seems plausible anyway why could it not have been man made even accidentally. The tectonic plates would already be vulnerable to movement.
How much power would there be if these sound waves can travel up to 40 kilometers deep into the seabed. While Dolphins and Whales are possibly beaching them selves because of the type of testing.
Seismic Surveying has been going on since 1968 from a few days to a week each year Description operations of Seismic Airguns
So is it possible that the vibrations traveling underground and through the water be a factor in the creation of the earthquakes and the Tsunami

According to the Australian Conservation Foundation, these 200dB � 230dB shots from the airguns are fired every 10 seconds or so, from 10 meters below the surface, 24 hours a day, for 2 week periods of time, weather permitting.
The impulses created by the release of air from arrays of up to 24 airguns create low frequency sound waves powerful enough to penetrate up to 40km below the seafloor. The �source level" of these sound waves is generally over 200dB (and often 230dB or more), roughly comparable to a sound of at least 140-170dB in air.

Source: The Acoustic Ecology Institute
Abstract
Seismic surveys utilize airguns to produce explosive impulses of sound directed toward the ocean bottom. Echoes produced by these impulses are used to gather information on sub-surface geological features; this information is used by academic geologists and the oil and gas industry. Both researchers and the public have become concerned about ways that sounds created by the airguns may impact ocean creatures; while it is generally believed that the risk of physiological damage is low, there are many uncertainties in our understanding of both sound propagation and biological effects. In addition, the complexities of acoustics science and inconsistent measuring systems used within the research community have made it difficult for non-scientists to communicate their concerns in an informed way. Here we provide a primer for the non-scientist on current knowledge about airguns, propagation of their sounds over distance, and acoustic sensitivity of ocean dwelling creatures; a discussion of the need for a precautionary approach to regulation of anthropogenic sound in the seas; and a series of suggested mitigations and research programs to be undertaken in consort with future seismic surveys. Link

Source: Australian Conservation Foundation

SEISMIC TESTING AT SEA
Ocean based seismic testing is not the innocuous tapping on the ocean floor that many in government and the oil industry would like us to believe. It is extremely loud. Sound is communication, navigation, echo location, food finder and defence system for many marine creatures. Any damage could be fatal. Despite this, seismic testing is virtually unregulated.
Link

Source: Australian Conservation Foundation
CONCLUSION
Given its very intrusive and deafening nature, if seismic testing were conducted on land it would attract considerable attention from planning bodies and be subject to strict regulatory controls.
At sea, this work is only guided by departmental policy guidelines (not regulations) in spite of emerging evidence that it is considerably more damaging to marine biodiversity than previously thought. When oil and gas exploration companies agree to meet the guidelines, seismic testing avoids most Commonwealth environmental controls and assessment procedures.
Link

ATS
Did corporate oil companies cause the Tsunami/Earthquake

Additional Information:
Description of operations of Seismic Airguns
Ecosystem: Low Frequency Active Sonar
Living Oceans Society - Oil and Gas
Geoscience Australia

Magnitude 9.0SUMATRA 2004 December 26 00:58:53 UTC
Magnitude 8.1 NORTH OF MACQUARIE ISLAND 2004 December 23 14:59:03 UTC
Canberra alert failed to warn embassies of waves
Mystery of mass whale, dolphin beachings in Tasmania

[edit on 1/1/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well .. I suppose that at least ya'll are blaming
the oil companies and not America this time.

Bet it's just a matter of time before
Oil Companies fault = America's fault

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I personally don't believe that sonic monitoring could have caused this particular earthquake...there's a mismatch of energy in and energy out. This was too huge for nothing but sound pulses to trigger.

But here is what I have always wondered about. How would you like to be a dolphin or whale and have this crap going on 24/7?

You'd go postal wouldn't you?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
um dude i think you got some of your infomaiton wrong? there been no news in nz for quiet a while about beached wahles or dolphins?

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Who said anything about beached whales or dolphins???

I didn't.

I said, I that I wonder what it would be like to be a dolphin or whale and have some one tub-thumping above your head 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lepracornman
um dude i think you got some of your infomaiton wrong? there been no news in nz for quiet a while about beached wahles or dolphins?

It's not the sea-life that I'm talking about here it's the use of air guns and sound being shot into the ground and the venerability of the tectonic plates to move.

Pod of 20 Whales Beached on Remote Australia Coast Tue Dec 28, 4:36 AM ET

Mystery of mass whale beachings in Tasmania
By Kathy Marks in Sydney
30 November 2004

[edit on 1/1/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
According to Billy Meier's Pleaidians. The actions of drilling into the earth is causing an increase in tectonic activity. I am not a geologist, so I have no idea how scientific the theory is. However, I certainly do not believe in "random" events. There is nothing random about the universe.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
hmmmmm.. I think this or that, I believe that.... a belief is merly an opinion held has fact...not to belittle the tragedy in SE asia but.......here is some MORE stuff to chew on

TextTECTONIC WEAPONS Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen, quoted as saying at a conference in April 1997, "Others are engaging even in an eco type of terrorism, whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes or volcanos remotely, through the use of electromagnetic waves."
link

Textsee "tectonic weapons" in this bill "Space Preservation Act 2001" HR2977
link

and

TextAt the risk of being labeled as a �conspiracy theorist,� my on-line research of open-source documentation has indicated that there is much about these weapons of mass destruction that someone, somewhere does not want disseminated to the general public. Tectonic weapons may just be the weapons of mass destruction that we should fear the most. The effects of this weapon are relatively unknown and speculated upon at best. It is indeed known and accepted, however, that once such a device has been detonated, there is not any way to predict the affects it will have on humans, on our atmosphere, our land, or the entire world. Tectonic weapons exist for one purpose alone, which is the alteration of destruction of the earth�s eco-system and ultimately human life. These weapons are detonated by remote control, and as indicated above, their long-term consequences are unpredictable.
from us homeland security none-the-less
and don't forget the first links in the topic
is it really so hard to believe that there could be a small human hand in this tragedy...and if there is..it makes it that much more tragic

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm wondering if this continuous sound bombardment may have actually been progressively amplified along the tectonic plates.

What comes to mind is the way a reverberation chamber bounces sound waves.
Some use a spring, some use a plate to enhance sound.

IF...
there is any truth to this theory, we may never know the outcome.
We would be talking about the largest mass class action suite of all time.
The hold these oil companies have on politicians will very likely strangle
any attempt to prosecute them .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join