It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Beginning of Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I would like to jump into man's beginning, the Adam and Eve so to speak as to why we are so different than our closest cousin the Chimp.

When we look at the chimp they have a closer cousin called the Bonobo. There was a physical separation of the two by the Congo river, and below is what 2 to 3 million years of separation looks like when DNA is different by .4%.

This takes us to this image where Humans are only 6 million years and 1.6% different in DNA than the Chimp, but are oh so different, and so why is that?

Hell the Orangutans are twice as removed from the chimp as we are but as DNA goes look about what 12 to 14 million years of separation should look like, so why are we so different once again?

This takes us to think about what do these pictures have in common? They are across all of mankind, but all look the same and have about the same IQ of 50 for adults, also all have most of the same health problems.

The difference here is 46 chromosomes to 47 chromosomes. The interesting part is what if that extra chromosome actually created a 200 IQ person instead of a 50 IQ person....

This is kind of what happened with humans to chimps, but in a evolutionary positive way. Around 6 million years ago our ancestors had chromosome 2 A/B fuse into one. What this did was change us from 48 pairs of chromosomes into 46 pairs.

This is why we have the higher IQ we have and why our physical differences are so extreme with only 1.4% DNA difference.

One of the big questions I have thought about is how can Adam and Eve really be the first when we have an extremely slooooooow evolutionary change. Where does one actually draw the definitive line of where man actually started?...

Well with the fusion of the No. 2 Chromosome into one, that would not have been an over time change and so man did start at a very defining point of that mutation... Though the bible's story of Adam and Eve is really a metaphor it seems closer to the truth than what we could of ever thought it could be.

edit on 18-3-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I've read through your whole topic, and I see you've put time into it, so I'll star you.

The only negative thing I will say is, was it necessary to add all those pictures of the children ? Just seems kind of reaching

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

I've read through your whole topic, and I see you've put time into it, so I'll star you.

The only negative thing I will say is, was it necessary to add all those pictures of the children ? Just seems kind of reaching

I think the pics are a good example of what it looks like to have 47 chromosome vs 46, vs 48.

There's evidence in the way someone with 47 chromosomes looks and behaves.

But they're clearly homo sapien and not chimp.

Did neanderthal have 46?
edit on 3/18/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I understand that, and looking at it purely scientifically I get that it's not meant to shame anyone.

That being said I guess I was a little emotional regarding the pics of the kids, personal issues and stuff at play there

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

You still have to remember, the common potato has 48 chromosome pairs - against our 46. Chromosomes mean nothing.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

You still have to remember, the common potato has 48 chromosome pairs - against our 46. Chromosomes mean nothing.

Your post actually made me go look for myself.

en.wikipedia.org...

Interestingly, the Dolphin has 44, and the Rhesus Monkey has 42. The only other 2 animals with 46 are the Reeve's Muntjac (a "barking" small asian deer), and the Sable Antelope.

There's a lot of simple organisms with over 60, and a lot of simple organisms with less than 40.

There doesn't seem to be much of an indicator of social behavior, intelligence, uniqueness, or any other trait there. The only thing I take from the numbers is that once you get into the spread between 40 to 50 chromosomes, more intelligent animals are found. Smaller mammals are also found in the same range, like rats and ferrets.
edit on 3/18/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Just think if Downs Syndrome was a positive change and so became a branch of its own. How would they look to us in a few million years with a 1% DNA variant too?

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen

My point there was to show that a change in the chromosome number will cause physical changes that are extremely similar with all that have the change, I also wanted to show that IQ is indeed affected to these changes too, good or bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor

Did neanderthal have 46?

Yes

posted on Mar, 18 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel

I think you are wrong...the Potato also has only 35% DNA similarity to us which means our common branch was most likely 2 billion years ago. I showed that our 6 million year divergent from the chimp was only 1/2 that of other apes but we have the biggest change in physical and mental characteristics, due to our 23 pairs as part of that equation too.

top topics

join