It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does creationism explain....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
How does creationism explain items that are carbon dated older than the bible says the earth is?

Also, what is the religious take on dinosaurs? One big hoax?

How does creationism explain things that lived and died before man showed up?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious. I want to know the theory on the other side to counteract these items. You never hear the counter argument, just the "scientific one."

I'm a curious guy.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
They'll say because carbon dating is fallible and inaccurate. Which in part, is true.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I would say, go and read the other 30 threads that talk about these issues

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I recently found a website that has inspired me a great deal. I have had many similar questions to the ones that you posted.

www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I asked a question about dinosaurs in this forum some time ago. Maybe there are answers to your questions about dinosaurs in it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Big O
How does creationism explain items that are carbon dated older than the bible says the earth is?

The Bible explains how old the earth is? Where?

I don't understand why the existence of dinosaurs negates God. Someone had to create them too. If you're wondering why dinosaurs aren't in the Bible, I'd say it's because it was unimportant. The Bible leaves out a lot of unimportant information. More direct to the reason why dinosaurs may have existed, that's easy - fossil fuels are helpful to mankind. Why would God hoax? This is contrary to Him being the truth and the light.

The resources are helpful.

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm being serious. I want to know the theory on the other side to counteract these items. You never hear the counter argument, just the "scientific one."

I'm a curious guy.

Curious is good.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I'm a curious guy.

ok, being serious, uve been brainwashed with evolution so much u have made the assumtion evolution is correct before even considering yer questions, expecially the dino one.
Carbon dating is inaccurate, first off, to a certian point, it can always be dilluted.
"How does creationism explain things that lived and died before man showed up? " thats a dillution of evolution, son. according to the Bible creation, it would probably be safe to say that not one animal died untill AFTER man was placed on earth. in evolution, it states dino's became extinct, thus no man has ever seen a living dino. but, in the Bible, not true. In Genesis 3: 18-22, it states that Adam was brought before ALL the tame animals, wild animals, and flying animals. that includes dinosaurs. Adam named the dinosaurs, so according to the Bible Dino's were around at the time of man, cause Adam named them.
the Bible makes many mention of "dinosaurs" although technically it doesnt, cause Dinosaur the word wasnt invented before the 1800's. so the Bible says "dragons" and describes the dragon. many stories about them... their not just a myth.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
So, Adam named the stegosaurus? How bout T-rex? Or do you mean just the blanket name of Dragon? He must have really been lazy that day to name millions of very different dinosaurs dragon don't you think?

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

I'm a curious guy.

Remember that creationism (or the new phrase: intelligent design to be politically correct and give possible credit to Aliens as well as God) is a theory, just as evolution is a theory. Creationism may be more difficult or impossible to prove which makes evolution a more universally accepted theory as humans strive and demand proof for their hypotheses. Neither, however can be completely proven or disproved.

The answer to your question is, simply, they cannot explain dinosaurs and carbon dating, etc. But remember, just because evolutionists CAN explain those things, doesn't mean intelligent design doesn't exist.

Don't think in "You're either with us or against us" terms, to quote President Bush. Perhaps it is far, far more complex and deeper than those simpleminded black and white words. Perhaps it is a blend. Personally, i think intellegent design created evolution. Evolution may be the tool of intelligent design.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Try a search on "Creationism" or "Evolution" within this forum, and you'll likely see answers you didn't even think of asking about...

As mentioned, they point to the problems with carbon dating.

Varies, some claim they are the Leviathans mentioned in the Bible, others that they are simply stone, carved out to resemble bones by those harvesting the fossils....depending on how out there the Creationist.

Usually an abstraction of the seven days, with one of God's days being longer than our own.

Not that I go for any of it, but you asked....

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jupiter869

Remember that creationism (or the new phrase: intelligent design to be politically correct and give possible credit to Aliens as well as God) is a theory, just as evolution is a theory.

Sorry to be a stickler for terminology here, but creationism cannot qualify as a theory, only a belief. The reason for this is that a theory must:

1. Be based on empirical, unbiased observation.

2. Be able to produce accurate predictions concerning future events.

Therefore, even if the creationists are entirely and completely correct in their assesment of how the world began, such assesment would not constitute a theory, only an event.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ok, first, Carbon dating has been proven inacurate, in tests it dated a piece of shell at having died 11,000,000 years ago.

Second, Dinosaurs (at least thats what people think is described there) are mentioned in the book of job.

Also, everything was created at the same time (some just on different days) Some just died out earlier then others. (triobite (cant spell it) fossils had been found next to fossilized footprints of humans wearing sandals. I have found out all this in books and of course the answers in genisis website.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
dinosaurs were not mentioned in job nor anywhere else in the bible. the word 'dinosaur' is new to our dictionary made around 100 or so years ago. so the biblical people did not have any knowlodge whatsoever about dinosaurs and their pre-existance to mankind. i believe that this all-knowing book has just been proved not to be an all-knowing book

for a book that tells us of miracles, jesus, moses, adam and eve, noah's ark but they forgot to mention dinosaurs existed...sorry that doesn't cut it with me. if the bible really is the word of god or inspired by god then im sure they would have mention dinosaurs

even if they were not mentioned in great detail... could have just been 'and the lord said to moses, there were dinosaurs living here before you existed. i made them extinct because i was bored of my creation and thought humans would be a much greater experient. so go fourth and tell people of these dinosaurs. also tell them that i created man-kind and you are all inferior to me'.

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
You say there is no mention of dinosaurs in the bible? True, not the exact word dinosaur, but here, read this direct qoute from Job chapter 40, verse 15 to 24 and tell me what you think they are talking about.

15. Look at the behemoth which I made along with you and which feeds on grass like an ox.
16. What strength has he in his loins, what power in his muscles in his belly!
17. His tail sways like a cedar; the sinews of his thighs are close-knit.
18. His bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron.
19. He ranks first among the works of god, yet his maker can approah him with a sword.
20. The hills bring him there produce, and all the wild animal play nearby.
21. Under the lotus plants he lies, hidden among the reeds in the marsh.
22. The lotuses conceal him in there shadow; the poplars by the stream surround him.
23. When the river rages he is not alarmed: he is secure, thought the Jordan should surge agaisnt his mouth.
24. Can anyone capture him by the eyes, or trap him and pierce his nose?

Ok, what does that creature sound like? (remember, this was written a couple thousand years before the first dinosaur fossil was found)

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
sounds like a poem, it really does! ''his bones are tubes of bronze, his limbs like rods of iron''. a metaphor and simily used there...prety good writting considering job was the first book of the bible written. definatly describes some sort of animal that is bigger than an ox. However, there are many mythological beast that are talked about in religious scripts, such as half man half horse creatures. sounds to me like the behemoth could be an elephant. then again im not too sure if you're trying to say, if dinosaurs were around, then they lived in the same time as we did? if that is so then where did they go?

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Creationism cant explain alot of things and as stated above it is a belief not a theory. The nifty thing about creationism is that it can tangle itself around any other theory that opposes it. Creationism will exist forever...just the same as ignorance will last forever.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
God did it as a praktical joke, he put all these (fake) old bones in the ground to confuse us.

How about he did it 'coz he felt like it, that must cover just about everything you could come up with.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
You may be right, god is surpose to be omniscient so he would have a dam good sense of humour.....A prankster god is one i could believe in.

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
it is prety much fact that the creationists world is not over 50,000 years old. I would say that because there is a wide range from as little as 6000 years to about 50,000 years. If adam and eve were created in 50,000 bc then that completly alters the history of our planet and what has lived here. even if you don't believe that carbon dating can be accurate, it's still a fact that dinosaurs walked on this earth over 1 million years ago. the reason why i say over 1 million is because christians will say yeh but how do you know they lived 65 million years ago cause carbon dating is wrong etc. well it would be a fact that dinosaurs lived that long ago on the fact that their bones are fossilised, which does not take less than 50,000 years...it would take millions of years. christians will then say yeh but dinosaurs aren't important and the age of the world isn't important to your faith and beliefs. well im sorry but it is important cause it prooves your faith and beliefs wrong and the reason why christians say the age of the world and dinosaurs aren't important is because they know the bible is wrong in that context. there's no doubt about it...the bible is wrong in a spiritual way, it's ignorant to think otherwise!

posted on Dec, 21 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Ignorance and religion are very closely linked....If people really studied the history of religion, then many people wouldnt have so much "faith" in it. Yet somehow u cant force knowledge down pious peoples throats like they force religious doctrines down ours. I would openinly listen to their ideas if they listend to mine.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join