It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am 29, and I believe in Santa Clause

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
yes, it is true, I believe in Santa. Why? Well, while I may be a little touched in the head, the real story is that had a Santa experience that noone in my family can explain.

When I was ten, my mom and dad were seperated. I had already stopped believing. We were not going to have Christmas that year. My mom had bought us each one small, cheap toy. Merry Christmas.

One night as we were finishing our macaroni and cheese dinner from a box, we got a knock at the door. We had seen no car pull up, and heard noone come through the porch door (thin walls and conveniently placed windows always alerted us to visitors). My mom cautiously opened the door and was nearly knocked over by the Jolly Old Elf himself! Exactly as described in modern times, save a rather irish looking walking stick, he had two other shorter men with him, each carrying a myriad of boxes. They said nothing, made almost no sound. They left the gifts, and as they left, Santa said 'Merry Christmas' (and had a noticeable accent looking back I would have placed in the Irish country or thereabouts). We heard some commotion on our roof and then everything returned to normal.

Several days ago, my wife took my son to the annual 'Breakfast with Santa' at his school. last year they got lots of complaints about their santa, he had a fake beard and was too thin. This year, the Santa was exactly as I remembered him from my own experience, even had the accent right. My son sat on his lap and this Santa proceeded to tell my son about the stroller and doll my wife received, under mysterious circumstances, when she was eight years old. My wife was in disbelief, of course, but said nothing at the time.

From these and other experiences throughout life, I still believe in Santa. I know that much of what we percieve as Santa in modern times is the product of an old ad campaign. Nevertheless, much of it persists into our own experiences in life.

Merry Christmas.

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
my mum told me santa wasnt real when i was 7
im definate in my own mind that santa claus doesnt exsist as the stereotypical view. eg... lives in north pole, has a slay, raindeers, toy factory... you know what i mean.

ohh yeah
and

merry christmas

[edit on 12/09/2004 by cheeser]

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think it's great that Santa is real...

If my mom didn't tell me when i was 2 that he wasn't real! Isn't that just mean? Here a quarter of a decade later I still yell at her for it. I have a 1.5 and 3.5 year old daughters, so I relive believing in Santa through them. It's fun for me!

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I believe in Santa to this very day.

It's the spirit of Santa which I believe in.

I still get very excited on Christmas morning!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Rock on!!!Santa Rules!!!!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
well I don't

[edit on 9/12/2004 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA!!
Thats funny!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I don't know about Santa, but I know that pixies exist.

Pixy Folk

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I never believed in Santa...my mum tried to lie to me...then i said, mmm... if thats true then how come i saw you wrapping up my present last christmas ?

My mum being a dumb bitch wasn't able to cover it up too well...

Santa was made up by the Coca Cola Corporation....i think so anyway..

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by diana
Here a quarter of a decade later

I do believe you mean a quarter of a century later(if you used the decade as you used it, you would be like 4.5 years old
)

Decade is 10 years

Century is 100 years

Not trying to make you feel that old though, I can do that to my mom quite a bit since I share my birthday with her

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Quarter of a decade! lol

Maybe you were just acknowledging the inner child, heh.

~~~dances away singing 'Here Comes Santa Clause'~~~

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I never believed in Santa Clause. I still get excited on Christmas morning, though.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Well good for you all! I do not see what this has to do with cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts, but what the hell! We might as well start posting crap everywhere! I think I will go post about toaster strudels in the Aliens and UFOs section! They really need to know what I have for breakfast.

But seriously, it is cool that you believe in Santa, we just don't need to know. It takes up space on the board, and it doesn't even belong here. Next time, unless it involves a BEAST, put it in the General Conspiracy board, or somwhere more appropriate.

And just a reminder, trolling is bad.

Happy holidays.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kompaktor
Well good for you all! I do not see what this has to do with cryptozoology and Mythical Beasts, but what the hell! We might as well start posting crap everywhere! I think I will go post about toaster strudels in the Aliens and UFOs section! They really need to know what I have for breakfast.

LMAO!!

Okay, I've always liked everlastingnoitall's (whew...that was long) posts; But I think he has a point there.

Did you type that after you smacked your hand?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Okay, okay I admit it...
A little tiny part of me still believes in Santa.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
It was placed in this topic because of the divergeance of the modern myth from the real St Nicholas of old, and the reindeer (obviously mythological flight capable beasts, lol).

Oh well. Any mod can change this to the appropriate topic. Everyone knows I don't get offended by such things. After all, I'm still a 'newbie', right?

Merry Christmas

~~~walks away mumbling about Grandma's fruitcake~~~

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Santa was created so that children would think because they are CHRISTIAN that some jolly ole fat guy would come and give them presents. It helped young children maintain their faith in god by spoiling them anually with lies and toys.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
As an adult my spiritual beliefs fall well outside of anything remotely related to judeo/christanity. I have no christian axe to grind. When I was nine years old I stayed at my grandmothers house one night. This was about ten days before Christmas. My grandmother lived in a stone house in Miami Florida. There was a good deal of forest around her house back in the early sixties it wasn't exactly an urban setting. We were not poor and she had about three acres of land that comprised the estate. For some reason we hung stockings by the bermuda fire place before going to bed. I slept with my grandmother because there were no other sleeping quarters in the small house and her bed was gigantic. Early in the morning, like 3 Am, I heard the the most exquisite, etheral, magical bells. My grandmother was sleeping next to me so I know it wasn't her. It seemed like actual music not someone shaking a string of jingles. It was softly tumbling and melodic and coming from above. I never heard the bells again but I have met others that have also heard them and describe the exact kind of sound. I will never forget the delightful and magical nature of those bells. I consider the sound to be a wonderful special gift. The other people that I have met that have had this experience of hearing the bells have related an internal feeling that what they were listening to was something not of this work a day world. This was my impression also.
Has anyone here had this experience of the magic christmas bells?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
is santa santa considered a mythical beast? maybe this should go to bts. but thats just my opinion...

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juanita

Did you type that after you smacked your hand?

I don't understand.....

And as of yet, I haven't heard much of anything about the mythological side of this story. Just whether or not people believe in Santa, which is pretty silly, and if they have heard some "bells." Come on guys, it is the holidays and all, but this is a conspiracy message board, next time, make sure you know where the best place for your post is, for all of us. I come to the Cryptozoology board to read about stuff with evidence and that sounds realisitc (we still get a lot of crap on here), and not about whether or not you believe in a child's story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join