It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Lightts Go Out Around Me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I have noticed about 2 years ago when I would be walking home or to a buddies house at night or wherever, street lights would go out when I walk across from them. It's just wierd. It does'nt happen all the time, about 1 out of 4 times. Who knows maybe the power company shuts a couple down every couple minutes around the city to conserv power.

To add to this I always have crazy dreams of great bolts of lights green, blue and purple. It's not lightning the lights are straight and sometimes curved. Also in these dreams huge gusts of wind and choas of people are going this way and that.

Call me crazy or just overdoing practical answers for thses but, sometimes it's earie and confusing.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Here in Jersey, they have been doing that for years. They shut out like every other street light every few minutes to conserve energy.

Were you saying it seemed to be synchronized to you walking past it? I hate those motion lights people have nowadays, you walk in front of their house and all of the sudden it looks like its daytime.

Originally posted by HyperXS
Call me crazy or just overdoing practical answers for thses but

No prob, you fit in here just fine.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Its not the sensor lights. The Street lights go out as I pass them.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Check this out. I think you will find it interesting...

www.dirtnap.com...

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Great link WOS!

I've never heard of that, the stories sound just like what Hyper was asking. I've noticed it too, but like I said the electric co. has them timed to go off at intervals so I dont know if that was it.

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
That used to happen to me alot too. It happened so often it was funny, but the lights either blow, or shut down for energy reasons.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   
...all the watch I had (even the Swatch) stop until one or two days.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 04:35 AM
link   
This is nothing special, the lights have timers on them, I noticed this because I usually walk my neighborhood in the AM's and they always go off and come on at the same time.

posted on Jun, 2 2003 @ 02:32 AM
link   
yeah, that happens to me too. I'd like to think I have some sort of magical power over streetlights (imagine! I could organize a militia of streetlights to seize power of the world!) but it's most likely some goofiness courtesy of the power company.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Street Lamp Interference, also know as SLIding, is a psychic event recognized and studied by researchers such as, Dr. Richard Wiseman at the University of Berkfordshire in England, and Hillary Evans, an author and paranormal investigator with The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena. SLIders find that a street light switches off or on when they walk or drive beneath it. Or that a light bulb may blow out in their presence. Home appliances and computers may also fail or experience interference. These things could happen occasionally by chance of course, but SLIders claim that it happens to them on a regular basis. It doesn't happen every time with every electric light or device, but it happens often enough to give these people a feeling that something strange and unusual is going on.

Uhmm no....it isn't timers, and it isn't motion detectors. On the majority of the ones I can affect them almost at will. Turning off and on, then off again, etc. within a 20 min time span is certainly not timers. I have to buy my light bulbs in bulk, as both me and my fiance' have the "quark" of this.... The only problem I've ever had with machines/computers, is this ordering machine I used in retail before (high school job)... I kept draining the battery to a point where it wouldn't charge, with just a use or two. After 3 machines in a few weeks, they had me dictate the orders to someone else, who then entered them!
It's a real fun party trick, but tends to freak out some people (the street light thing).... Like Nans, I usually have problems with most watches, but I've found a few nice wind ups that seem to work, though I can totally forget using a digital watch for more than a week or two...before it's toast (and no, it isn't the battery...the board is gone, replacing a new battery is useless). This is a very real phenomenon, and as much as I'd love to have a nice concrete reason for it, I don't.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
...all the watch I had (even the Swatch) stop until one or two days.

I can't wear one for that same reason. I never have figured out why watches just stop working for me? I've even went so far as to buy a very expensive one..and it stopped as well. Wonder why this happens..and I'm glad it's not just me.
Magestica

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I have pretty good luck with the wind-ups...

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I've never tried to wind up kind..maybe they might work?
I've taken many of my watches in for repair after buying a new battery and still they wouldn't work. I seriously have a collection of dead watches in my jewelry box!
Magestica

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
some wind-up looking watches still use batteries...also, they may cost a little more, but at least they'll actually work for you. Get one with a warranty, or at a place that isn't too bad about exchanging....

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Nans and Mag, a friend of mine has a similar problem. But he knows when it started. He was hit by lightning while in a metal boat and ever since then he can't wear an analog watch. The digital battery powered ones are ok for him. But those analog quartz whatever ones just stop when he wears them.

posted on Jun, 30 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I've been hit (indirectly) with lightning (more than once I'm afraid...so much for that saying), and it's just the opposite for me...

In case anyone's curious, the first time was when I was a kid (arched out of a light socket), second was on the beach (it hit the ground near me), and the third was while tubing on a river (it hit the riverbank, and lit us up as we were getting out of the water...) Only got knocked out once (when on the beach), but the other times were just a really good jolt.. Hey, they don't call it the lightning capital of the world for nothing...(well, technically, I think another location took over the title, but you get the picture....)

new topics

top topics

join