It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the connections between the god of Islam and the Arab moon god Allah?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I've seen this before on anti-islamic websites and was wondering what the connection is if any? I don't usually trust most anti whatever sites no matter what my opinion because, well that should be obvious. But anyway the crescant room is very much an Islamic symbol. So, just interested and this is usually the place for answers
By the way, here is one of the sites I was reffering to.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...
www.bible.ca...

Yes they're Christian sites so they have an obvious agenda, but still there is usually some truth even in a myth, so let the discussion begin

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Oh come on nothing at all?

You all have tons of stuff about conspiracies with Christianity but nothing on Islam? Sorry to bump but was just hoping for some information.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   
no... it is not true. The crescent moon was never even meant to be a religious symbol. Muslims just made it so. It was meant to be used as a calender to tell when the month finishes, when to fast, etc.
The site mixed up truth and lies. There WAS a moon god Hubal, and there was a god called Allah who was worshipped by arabs before Mohammad (like a sort of Zeus-type father god), but Hubal and Allah were not the same god. They were worshipped seperately. When Mohammad came, he said that there was only 1 god Allah.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
There WAS a moon god Hubal, and there was a god called Allah who was worshipped by arabs before Mohammad (like a sort of Zeus-type father god), but Hubal and Allah were not the same god. They were worshipped seperately. When Mohammad came, he said that there was only 1 god Allah.

I have allways been under the impression that when mohammed talked about allah the people hearing him understood it to be a different god than anyone before? And that mohammed and the early followers understood this and readily accepted that this god was linked with the jews and the christians, that it was the god of abraham. Is this 'zeus-father-god' you speak of supposed to be the same god of abraham? I suspect not. Al-lah of course is merely supposed to mean 'the lord' or something like that.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
because I hadn't heard much on it. I've read the Koran, but didn't see this connection. Also if someone can clarify where the divergence took place? Something around the time of Abraham or the his sons that branched Judiasm from Islam. History help please.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
The pre-islamic arabs were, in a sense jews. They believed in the same God of Abraham, who they called Allah. Allah is in fact "The God". That is his name, not his title. The only problem was that they had added hundreds of other gods along with Allah. That is what I meant when I said they treated Allah as a Zeus-type father god. Then Muhammad came along and told them they should only worship Allah, the one true God. By this time they were making a lot of money off the other gods, so they were more than slightly pissed off.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
"The evidence reveals that the temple of the Moon-god was active even in the Christian era. Evidence gathered from both North and South Arabia demonstrate that Moon-god worship was clearly active even in Muhammad's day and was still the dominant cult. According to numerous inscriptions, while the name of the Moon-god was Sin, his title was al-ilah, i.e. "the deity," meaning that he was the chief or high god among the gods. As Coon pointed out, "The god Il or Ilah was originally a phase of the Moon God." The Moon-god was called al-ilah, i.e. the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times. The pagan Arabs even used Allah in the names they gave to their children. For example, both Muhammad's father and uncle had Allah as part of their names."

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
Something around the time of Abraham or the his sons that branched Judiasm from Islam. History help please.

I think that the general idea is that the arabs claim to be the descendents of haggar who was sent to the desert with the son she had with abraham. THe basic idea is that the arabs worshipped the one and only god, but over the millenia slacked in their monotheism and started picking up other gods and forgot all about their original god, and then God tells mohammed the truth and he tells everyone else about it. So take that story for what its worth either way.

drhoracid
Allah is a Pagan false god

No more than jesus, the spirit and the father makes christianity a pagan religion. Hell, even less than that. Allah was, as far as I understand and no one has presented anything to the contrary, understood as a new true and single god.

The Moon-god was called al-ilah, i.e. the god, which was shortened to Allah in pre-Islamic times

Such silliness. By that reasoning christians are idolaters and pagans, because god said that he is the only one thats supposed to be worshipped. 'Il lah' or 'al-Lah' simply means 'the lord, the god'. Its not the name for one god. And what does it matter if the moon god and other gods were still worshipped in mohammeds day? The jews built a golden calf when moses was on the mountain, that doesn't mean that modern pious jews are pagan cow worshippers. The arabs were pagans, then mohammed at least claims to have had divine revelation/communion with god, ie he was a prophet. And he was told that the only god is the same god that abraham worshipped and followed out of sumeria and into the promised land. THe moon god didn't come out of the sky and say 'i'm the best god, get everyone to worship me' or 'pretend to make up some other monotheistic religion, but in reality you are worshipping me'.

If the jews and the christians can worship the same god, then so can the muslims. Who knows, maybe its all gods plan to have these three different types of worship, one expecting a messiah, one expecting the second comming, one thinking that god has no son, etc etc. Heck, if its possible for presbertyrians and methodists and catholics and greek orthodox and, hell, even arians and cathars and assyrian christians to worship the same god, then why not the rest?

The most significant point is that mohammed -claims-, and his followers agreed, that the one true god was the same god that created the old testament.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Click on the AltaVista link below and type in 'wing' then translate English to Spanish. Remember Spain was Moorish. I'm curious if this name doesn't mean 'being with wings'. I'm reminded of the Sumerian Winged Disk. There must be historical etymology on this somewhere.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Quote: "Allah is a Pagan false god".

Interesting. Actually if there is one truly Monotheistic Religion in the World - that would Definitely be Islam. Definitely Not the make pretend "Monotheistic" Religions of Judaism & Christianity. Not that I think that Monotheism is all that great - actually I think that it is a Mechanism for Sealing your Brain in a Box. Ah Religion is Becoming so Useless in General - its Science time Baby!

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Click on the AltaVista link below and type in 'wing' then translate English to Spanish. Remember Spain was Moorish.

The similarity between the words isn't because of the moorish tho. In latin, wing is something like 'allia' or somesuch, so the spanish word for 'wing' should sound something like 'al-Lah', but only coincidentally.

English:wing:spanish:ala:latin:ala

all unrelated to al-Lah.

See how easy it is tho, to perceive connections that aren't there? The bit about the winged discs sounded good right? This is one of the major shortcommings of 'folk etymology' and the like.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   
``

it took me some time to reconstruct my link to a certain site-page

occult-advances.org...

maybe those other posts were more to your point?
anyways, heres a wider, generalization, with some
allusion to lunar/crescent moon [as timing device]

^^

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Chakotay
Click on the AltaVista link below and type in 'wing' then translate English to Spanish. Remember Spain was Moorish.

The similarity between the words isn't because of the moorish tho. In latin, wing is something like 'allia' or somesuch, so the spanish word for 'wing' should sound something like 'al-Lah', but only coincidentally.

No coincidence. One of the best-kept secrets of European history is the origin of the Italic peoples. The Romans claimed descent from Aeneus of Troy, which is in Turkey. We are all aware of the Moorish domination of Spain, of the Spanish reconquest of Italy, that the Romans spoke Latin, that the Arabs invented the Lateen sail, the Eastern Capital of the Roman Empire was in Constantinople (modern Istanbul, Turkey), that Carthage was in North Africa (Libya), and so on. But we stop short and do not make the connections to origins. People and armies followed these same sea and land routes in both directions long before Tacitus. The Old World was a tiny world. Face it: the origin of our Mediterranean languages and cultures go back to Sumeria, and the Patriarch of the Gods there was Winged. All three of the current ruling religions share this Sumerian origin through Abraham, and all three represent either some bizarre intervention in human affairs by alien beings, or man's inherent capacity for authorship of science fiction. Or both.

Let me summarize:

The Sumerians claimed extraterrestrial contact with winged 'gods' from Heaven.
The Romans are Semitic (Sumerian).
The Arabs are Semitic (Sumerian).
Islam simplified this whole mess by ignoring all winged gods (except one).
Ala means wing in Latin to this day.

Our whole world is at war over this nonsense to this day. We're either killing ourselves over science fiction, or the guys on the next star over are really smart.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Very good - although I disagree with one part - the Romans & all Europeans for that fact were Aryan Gentiles - but of-course that doesn't mean that Mixing didn't occur through History - Obviously it did!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't get the semetic sumeriam connection. Semetic just means that they had a language that could be spelled out with an alphabet. The main Sumerian language was cuniform, not that familiar with it but I was under the impression it wasn't semetic. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Probably the most important beginning semetic culture were the Phoenicians that formed on the eatern Metiteranean. Their importance is was that they built a huge trade empire and passed along their language and alphabet in the process, hey it helps to be speaking the same language when you're trying to do business. Most significantly they gave it to the greeks during the dark ages after the fall of the Mycanae Greeks. The greeks adapted them into their language and in their imperial stage set up some colonies on the Italian penninsula. One of the people's they met were a group called the Latins. They passed on the semetic nature of their language to these people and in turn we got, well Latin. The Latins found Rome, and the rest is quite literally history.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Yeah, Allah and Judean GOD are the same.

Hilter also wrote the bible in his past life. Then he wrote the Koran, socrates also wrote the terrorist lines in the koran.

You people gotta be kidding me.

Islam is nothing more then popular cult, which was merged into the government and then used as means to invade the rest of world in 690AD.

It's like me writing my own ideology on how things should be, preach it. Gather a following, then instruct the believers into fighting war for the ideology then i become a leader of an empire.

Jesus never leaded any uprising any rebelion or command an army.

Mohammed did, this means the GOD of jesus is not the same as the created GOD of mohammed. Islam is most likely mentality of Mohammed thats it.

He was most likely an angry, hot tempered male. Which lived his life with huge hate for his enemy. This is why he is in humliation and beheading's in order to please himself for humlating his enemy. He also uses method's which are used by common crimnals, terrorise his enemy with threats to kill the other's family.

This is why most arabs uses his terrorist tatics. They mind set, culture has been shaped around one mentality of a man called mohammed. EG
Palastians, yassfat, Osama bin laden, Islam Nation's always breed young men with the same mentality every time.

The cause of Arab terrorism is simply Mentality of Mohammed.

To me crimanls, terrorists and followers of mohammed are all the same. They have have no moral concious and have no regard for being good and serving the moral god.

This clearly shows that Islam does not follow the moral standards of Judean/christian GOD.

Mohammed doesn't even come close to Jesus, or great philosopers.

The great philosopers don't even come close to jesus.

I tell you now, all philosopers have moral standards. It's morality is what they world on. Mohammed worked on HATE, which no real thinkers will even consider it but just common LOW iq crimanls.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Are you saying that no war has ever been fought in the name of a judean god or a christian god?

Have you ever read a history book instead of looking at the pictures?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Justanotherperson
Are you saying that no war has ever been fought in the name of a judean god or a christian god?

The Japanese started world war 2 to spread Buddism.
The German's started world wat 2 to spread christianity into russia
The american's invaded iraq to convert Muslims to christians
The american's invaded germany to spread christianity.
The American's went for crusade into vietnam to convert the vietnamese to christianity.

Look at these crusaderS! because of their religion they start all these wars!!

Europe was not lead by the pope, it was controled by governments and nations. Most wars were secular and really had nothing to with christianity. Just like today, Busah invades iraq, vietnam etc. No realiton to religon at all.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Thinker]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Thinker, of those purported occult practices facilitated by Islam, can be said for thousands of "cults" the world over. Once again, your subjective tautologies regarding an orthodoxy that begat in the very same context in which those of Judea did, get annoying. You just resorted to more hate mongered in lieu of the issue at hand.

What does this thread have to do with terrorism?

Of how many philosophers have we read? How can you compare "philosophers" to a mythical fictational character? What philosophers are we comparing?

Please me elaborate further.

Deep

[edit on 11-12-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker

Originally posted by Justanotherperson

The Japanese started world war 2 to spread Buddism.
The German's started world wat 2 to spread christianity into russia
The american's invaded iraq to convert Muslims to christians
The american's invaded germany to spread christianity.
The American's went for crusade into vietnam to convert the vietnamese to christianity.

Look at these crusaderS! because of their religion they start all these wars!!

Europe was not lead by the pope, it was controled by governments and nations. Most wars were secular and really had nothing to with christianity. Just like today, Busah invades iraq, vietnam etc. No realiton to religon at all.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Thinker]

The Japanese started WWII? To spread Buddhism??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join