It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hatred Of America Is Greater Than Love Of Freedom For Some On The Left

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I believe this statement is so true in America today and it is just getting worse. When would these people be in favor of war to save themselves?
It is a clear hate for the United States, especially when the US takes a stand and backs it up.

"Hatred Of America Is Greater Than Love Of Freedom For Some On The Left"

Lefty Anne Applebaum echoes something that conservatives have been saying for a long time...

"The larger point, though, is that the "it's-all-an-American-plot" arguments circulating in cyberspace again demonstrate something that the writer Christopher Hitchens, himself a former Trotskyite, has been talking about for a long time: At least a part of the Western left -- or rather the Western far left -- is now so anti-American, or so anti-Bush, that it actually prefers authoritarian or totalitarian leaders to any government that would be friendly to the United States. Many of the same people who found it hard to say anything bad about Saddam Hussein find it equally difficult to say anything nice about pro-democracy demonstrators in Ukraine. Many of the same people who would refuse to condemn a dictator who is anti-American cannot bring themselves to admire democrats who admire, or at least don't hate, the United States."

There are plenty of left-wingers who hate America with such fervor, such passion, that it overrides most other considerations. Don't believe it? Look at the popularity of Noam Chomsky, a man whose entire works could be boiled down to the phrase, "America is the source of all evil in the world". Remember the glumness on the left side of the blogosphere when our troops liberated Iraq? Have you ever noticed how many lefties can talk and write constantly about what's wrong with George Bush, what's wrong with Republicans, what's wrong with America...but have almost nothing negative to say about the enemies our country?

It's no coincidence folks. "The blame America first" crowd that Reagan talked about has only gotten larger and more powerful on the left over the years....

Source

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Very thoughtful post edsinger! If you really wanna piss off a lefty, call them comrade. For example: "Hey jeremy what's up?" "Nothin' much comrade John." It'll get 'em every time.

But on a more serious note. Whether the libs will admit it or not, statistically this country is becoming more and more conservative. Drastically so even. So please do not get angy when the libs do or say something un American or anti American. Just sit back, laugh, and defend the country when need be. As the infinitely wise Thomas Jefferson once said: "Let the anti-Americans condemn themselvs with their own actions."

Jefferson prediction is finally coming true. "The flames kindled on the 4th of July, 1776 have spread over too much of the world to be extinguished by the feeble engines of despotism. On the contrary, these flames will consume those engines and all who work them!"

I'm feeling really patriotic right now. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

Oh, and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks for thinking so.....I also believe the US is becoming for conservative and I think its great! Liberalism has failed.....

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Don't believe it? Look at the popularity of Noam Chomsky, a man whose entire works could be boiled down to the phrase, "America is the source of all evil in the world".

completely untrue. Noam Chomsky has always been vocal against all authoritarian regimes, whether backed by the US or not.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
All one has to do is read the posts of liberals on this very site... I could include specific examples... but I wouldn't know where to begin. I'm glad America is starting to wake up and see the left for what it truley is. A den of hatred and malevolence against all things American.

Cheers Comrade Zapata.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yeah there are so many 'left', 'hate america' posts by Americans in here that it boggles the mind. Yet it does give you an idea of just how bad our society has become. Is there any hope? I would say yes because the UNited States is moving to the right and now that the chips are down we know who are friends are.............

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Thanks for thinking so.....I also believe the US is becoming for conservative and I think its great! Liberalism has failed.....

Dream on Liberalism has been winning for around 100 years for example conservatives were against women voteing in the end women got the vote and the conservatives lost there fight. Some conservatives are like the Greens against progress.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by xpert11]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
No conservatism is winning and winning even more than the Reagan revolution......

Conservatives are not what they were in the 50's

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
For the past over 20 years, the country and it's youngsters have been becoming increasingly more conservative every year! Oh, and why mention the womens rights thing? I also recall that it was a republican who freed the slaves(Lincoln), and that it was a democrat who promoted Alger Hiss(Truman), a known and proved soviet spy.

So please don't get into one of these contests with me, because I will win. The truth always triumphs over lies.

[edit on 12/6/2004 by HALLOWEEN78]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
Cheers Comrade Zapata.
[edit on 6-12-2004 by LostSailor]

lmao! not as insult to be called comrade, but a badge of honour

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Yeah ok you win,

The Whitehouse
The Senate
The House
The Federal Judges
The Supreme Court
The State Legislatures
The Governorships

uh.....

ok you got Massachusetts...you win.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Keep peddling your wares, Ed. If all goes according to plan, you will not have the internet to post on and all your liberties will be taken away.

Then you will sing a different tune.....

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
No conservatismconservatism is winning and winning even more than the Reagan revolution......

That statment dosnt appear to match the facts the people can elected a conserative leader but society is still becoming more liberal. Wernt some conseratives against black & white students going to the same school. Another fight lost its only a matter of time before gay marriage is legal in the USA and conservatism finds another fight.
Im not saying conservatism is bad on the whole there are just aspects I dont agree with. After all Reagan put an end to the cold war.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Keep peddling your wares, Ed. If all goes according to plan, you will not have the internet to post on and all your liberties will be taken away.

No true dg, ed here is in a hidden agenda from the government he will be well rewarded in Bush America when he takes over, remember the faithfull followers will be rewarded.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by dgtempe

No true dg, ed here is in a hidden agenda from the government he will be well rewarded in Bush America when he takes over, remember the faithfull followers will be rewarded.

hehe

believe what you wish, I just like to see delusional people and see what ideas they present and how their though processes work, just like here in California where they want to make eating fish bad now because it hurts the fish's feelings,

Liberalism at its finest, and btw Marga, I am this way at work also and have quite a few conversations with liberals and they are just like you, no peripheral vision to what goes on around them.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Poor edsinger now polluting our brand new board with rant, but you do get your faithfull followers to give you what you want, to make your threads get the post.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Poor edsinger now polluting our brand new board with rant, but you do get your faithfull followers to give you what you want, to make your threads get the post.

Ah shucks, I just am enjoying the new board also, just because it is not 100% left wing it makes you mad? gee............

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 12:37 AM
link   
The simple fact is that liberals hate this country. Howcome the libs cry their eyes out when an un armed terrorist is shot by a marine, but when Americans are being be headed they say nothing. Libs are also quick to point out the meger mistakes of conservative administations, but seem to grow silent that multiple democratic administrations did nothing about the upwards of 250 soviet spies in the government. Or how Clinton(slick willy himself) bombed an asperin factory just to take eyes off of Luinsky.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The simple fact is that liberals hate this country.
Wrong again Im a moderate liberal and dont dislike the USA.
Gee some of the holes in the conserative argument on this thread are as big as the USA.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
The simple fact is that liberals hate this country.
Wrong again Im a moderate liberal and dont dislike the USA.
Gee some of the holes in the conserative argument on this thread are as big as the USA.

First of all you didn't back up your argument with any facts. Probably because there aren't any. The simple fact is(again) that the libs hate this nation. A liberal senator actually told another congressman in glee, that for every 100 points the stock market drops, they pick up a seat! Doesn't anybody see?!? What's bad news for this nation is good news for them. You libs can deny it all you want, but it's true. That's why the country is turning conservative. People are finally starting to see how bad the liberals are for this country!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join