It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A war Criminal Will Be Inaugurated On January 20

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I found this piece to be interesting, which is that the Bush Administration had made a deal that President Bush, would not be arrested for �War Crimes� and receive �diplomatic immunity� by President Lagos while visiting Chile, for the Asia-Pacific Economic Conference as reported in the article below. Is it true, did President receive immunity in Chile, has he received immunity in Canada also. Has this become a precursor to Mr. Bush�s State visits.

A war Criminal Will Be Inaugurated On January 20 And The People Will Protest
Preface: Pinochet and Bush - the troubles facing war criminals
Learning a lesson from the trials and tribulations of the dictator Augusto Pinochet, who was indicted for crimes against humanity when he traveled outside of Chile, George W. Bush arranged for his being granted "diplomatic immunity" by Chilean president Lagos as a precondition for Bush's trip to Chile for the Asia-Pacific Economic Conference.
The Los Angeles Times of Nov. 18 reports, "President Richard Lagos's government took the unusual step yesterday of announcing that Bush would have diplomatic immunity during his visit. The declaration was made after some activists filed a criminal complaint against Bush in court, claiming that he and other U.S. officials were guilty of war crimes in Iraq. More

MASS DEMONSTRATION ON THE FIRST DAY OF THE NEXT ADMINISTRATION
January 20, 2005
Washington DC
With joint actions in San Francisco & Los Angeles
On the day of George W. Bush's inauguration for this second term in office - January 20, 2005 - there will be thousands of people all along the inaugural route in Washington DC demanding "End the occupation of Iraq - Bring the troops home
www.ANSWERcoalition.org...

Sun. December 5, 2004
Indoors Solidarity Rally with Haiti
in New York City

March 19/20, 2005
Global Day of Coordinated Actions
on the 2nd Anniversary
of the "Shock and Awe" Invasion of Iraq

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Man, how did this guy win the election for Pete's sake? This guy should be in prison, let alone another term as President.

And i voted for him the first time too!!!! Man we need to wake up here in the States man. This guy is trouble.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Its funny how the US has double standards.
Hypocrisy!

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Just exactly what are GW's war crimes? Be specific............Provide actual evidence based on real law, not just liberal "whisperings".

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What war crimes are they speaking of? I still do not understand this arguement fully. I am not here to cast doubt or defend anyone, but i want to know specifics, and not links from conspiracy and/or liberal websites? THis was something that was submitted by hte people of Chile, right?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

While Bush and Congress are spending nearly $300 million each day to kill poor people in Iraq, working class and poor communities are taking a beating at home. Last week the press announced that Detroit was laying off 4,000 teachers and other school workers and closing as many as 40 schools because of a deficit of $198 million. That amount equals less than what is spent every 16 hours for the occupation and war in Iraq.

This is simply a post to show that we should worry more about our homeland, than trying to convict BUsh of 'war crimes'.

Detroit was lost a few years ago due to city management, and didn;t it alos become a mecca for Islamic people?

[edit on 29-11-2004 by esdad71]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

While Bush and Congress are spending nearly $300 million each day to kill poor people in Iraq, working class and poor communities are taking a beating at home. Last week the press announced that Detroit was laying off 4,000 teachers and other school workers and closing as many as 40 schools because of a deficit of $198 million. That amount equals less than what is spent every 16 hours for the occupation and war in Iraq.

I watch the Detroit news all the time.... you can hardly blame President Bush for Detroits problems....

Detroits mayor is pathetic, he was just busted for having several members of his family on the City's payroll for jobs that they couldn't answer on how to do... barely showed up for etc....

My company works with several different departments of the city of Detroit and let me tell you... they are messed up, it's the city's own fault that they have a deficit....

I could go on and on....

[edit] not that esdad was stating that the president was the cause of Detroits problems... I was just adding what I knew about the city of Detroit.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by elevatedone]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

While Bush and Congress are spending nearly $300 million each day to kill poor people in Iraq,

dumb.

No, a war criminal will not be inaugurated on Jan 20.
Guess you haven't heard the news - John Kerry was DEFEATED.
He lost. So no, Kerry the war criminal won't be inaugurated. (thankfully!)

[edit on 11/29/2004 by FlyersFan]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How is bush a war criminal?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
President Bush's diplomatic immunity in another country makes you all crap your pants huh? What about the tens of thousands of people who have permanent diplomatic immunity?

Stop the poetic sob stories about "war crimes" for a moment, I implore you, and consider the issue.

Have you ever been to New York City? Why is that relevant? Because NYC is home to the United Nations, in other words NYC hosts a HUGE number of diplomats on a permanent basis.

Those diplomats are afforded diplomatic immunity. If they do something wrong, we send them home at best by declaring them persona non grata. They are not subject to following the same rules as an American citizen. Every so often you'll find articles about the $100 million dollars in unpaid parking tickets that the diplomats build up by going out to dinner and leaving their cars at fire hydrants (dinner outweighs saving a human life of course) and other violations.

Why? Well if you would all get out of the habit of inventing your own rules and read the real ones you would get a clue.

Refer to Article 31 Section 1 of the Vienna Convention on Diplomats just as one example.

1. A diplomatic agent shall enjoy immunity from the criminal jurisdiction of the receiving State.

The President of the United States was visiting the nation of Chile on a diplomatic mission and as such is not liable for whatever "interesting" things the people of Chile decide to lob at him. What the hell are you people expecting? If a "France Sucks" club opens up in NY and Chirac comes to visit, do you think they can file charges for whatever they please against him and the NYPD will go pick him up? Absolutely not. Heads of State do not get arrested by the nations they visit.

Stated diplomatic immunity is irrelevant anyways. This is how the world functions. A sitting President of the United States, regardless of who holds the post now, does not answer lawsuits or charges filed by residents of a country he visits when he arrives there. Period.

The only case where this is all moot is if a grave crime was committed in the host country's borders by the said diplomat. That did not happen, and the entire issue here is rhetoric.

www.un.org...

www.un.org...

Both of these articles are very clear. You don't just walk over and arrest a visiting head of state because your view of the Iraq war differs from his.

[edit on 11-29-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I dont know that hes a war criminal, but Id bet we find about 10 truck fulls of some domestic crimes if we looked hard enough.

Man, Bill Clinton got a little somthin' somthin' in the oval office and that threw the investigative branch of the government into overdrive for years. Dubya has been unofficially implicated in dozens of alleged things and we cant even get one single inverstigation started. The man is like teflon. From his dealings with the Soudi's to his sketchy business dealings and his service record.

If is were any other person on this planet right now they would have been severly investigated, tried and sentenced by now. Hey, I used to support him too!!! So if I think somethimngs up, thats alot!!

[edit on 29-11-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Teflon Dubya huh Skippy? That's great!

I think the reference to a war criminal comes from the lack of a justification for the invasion of Iraq and for the subsequent civilian deaths related to the "freeing" of Iraq.

Just my opinon, but no matter which party you like or don't like, W. (and his administration) have done some pretty backwards things, including lying to the public and opposing an investigation into 911, not to mention the whole Haliburton, Carlyles group connections. Democrat or Republican, I think it's wrong to have someone in office who stands to profit off of war or other events which should not be taken lightly. He may not be the first one, but he's definitely the most bold, brash and dishonest one.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

W. (and his administration) have done some pretty backwards things

Well, that may be so. It may be your opinion and the opinion of lots of other people too. However, that is simply not up to the citizens or leadership of Chile to prosecute. Nor of Belgium, nor of France or any other country that isn't fond of Bush.

Rhetoric is one thing, very poetic drama-filled press releases and statements are one thing. Everyone should always voice their opinion. But you do NOT "arrest" a visiting head of state. Did you know that there is a mega-lawsuit against the Saudi Royal family by 9/11 victims' groups? Can the NYPD arrest the Saudis next time they come rent the top floor of the Waldorf and force them to stand trial against the group's charges? Can the Saudis be held in contempt of court and sent to prison for not showing up to court to testify? Reality is a good concept to familiarize ones self with.

There is no need for any statement of Diplomatic Immunity for president bush. Not in Chile, not in Canada, or wherever else.

top topics

join