It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Web-bot Prediction

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am completely fascinated by "Web-Bot", a linguistics analysis program which picks up data on the internet and attempts to translate, based on net chatter, a picture of real events about to happen.

Usually I do not concern myself with prophesy or predictions - I find them to be more than a little creepy and mostly inaccurate. However, if I was to bet on which would be more likely to be accurate, a computer or a person - I would definitely pick the computer!

Does anyone have more info on this technology? Is it mostly right or mostly wrong? Regardless, here is a synopsis of its latest prediction. A very large earthquake, the last of three large ones in a row. First Peru, then Sumatra, now Indonesia or the West Coast.

Link To Synopsis:
www.independencejournal.com...

Actual Site:
www.halfpasthuman.com...

The Independence Journal is a great site for many topics: Economics, Politics, Current Events.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Okay, since Dr. StrangeCraft isn't on the boards 24/7, I have been reading the Independence Journal for all of the economic links and insights. Everday the site updates the Web-bot chatter. For a couple of months now it has been all over this earthquake stuff.

I'm just saying...based on the earthquake activity in the past 24 hours, maybe somebody on ATS might want to look into the technology and accuracy of it all. I mean someone besides me of course!

I swear - If it wasn't for the "views" feature on ATS I would think I was just typing to myself half of the time!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Since the husband and I keep tossing and turning I thought I would check in and sure enough, another big-ish quake on the "Quake Watch 2007" thread. So, I am kicking this back up to the top in case there are any takers.

I really think this Web-Bot technology may be scary accurate. Right before the meteor in Peru, it started squawking about energies from space. But nobody read that thread either!

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ever get the feeling that no one really cares, write it in a book or something, keep it under the bed.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Yes I thought it was obvious people are more interested in topics like "I was abducted by a headless virgin astronaut" so next time you want people to read your thread spruce it up a little so it stands out

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mazzroth

In my experience here sensationalist titles get the most attention. Sadly the amount of real info is in inverse proportion to the sensationalism in the title. People are sooo... ughh... forget it.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I did happen to notice the web bot prediction for two strong quakes occuring one after the other in a relatively close area followed by this exact thing happening that night in the South Pacific. Interesting.

Are there any long term predictions I can read without paying hundreds of dollars?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Web-Bot had been predicting new volcanic activity. However, the linguistics pointed to the northern Pacific rim. As we know, there has been activity off the coast of Yemen. The time frame for the Web-bot prediction runs through mid-October. We'll see what, if anything, might happen.

As for the cost, the only free access I have found is the Independence Journal, which is only a synopsis - but a good one.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

The Yemeni volcanic eruption seems to match the prediction on that site that a "north of the equator volcano" would blow. That's freaky.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:34 PM
link   
For what its worth - Here is the most recent Earth related Web-Bot synopsis:

As I reported last week, the third in the major earthquake series (we're awaiting #3/4 at 8.0 or greater and with substantial losses) is currently expected in the Indonesian archipelago - unless we get a northern hemisphere volcano that disrupts air traffic.

The telltale thing to watch for would be a day and a half of air traffic being disrupted in the area of the volcano and downwind. If we get that, then it increases the odds that the major quakes to come (3/4) will be US West Coast. I haven't seen anything yet (it's early, though) indicating air traffic disruptions off the Yemen event. 8 dead so far, though. The 7.3 quake on Sunday as not likely a Big One linguistically.

For more details you can find the links in the original post. Great Sites.

The linguistics are also talking up the gold issue - I noticed that topic on the boards now. Who Knows?

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
hmmm... you've peaked my interest with this web-bot thing.

I do recall reading recently that scientists are still waiting and if not expecting another large 9.0 or bigger earthquake in the Indonesia area but I'm not sure why a northern hemisphere volcano would have to disrupt air traffic to avoid it from happening... or are they predicting two separate incidents to happen?

edited to add, the only thing I don't like about this web-bot is having to pay such a ridiculous amount of money.

[edit on 10-5-2007 by worldwatcher]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

If I understand it correctly, the linguistics are trending to one of two scenarios. 1: Indonesia or 2: Northern Pacific (West Coast). As an indicator it is saying that, if volcanic activity or its effects (ash) disrupts air travel in the northern hemisphere, then scenario 2 will be more likely.

There was an unexpected volcanic eruption in Yemen which is in the northern hemispere. I am unaware of any air travel disruptions but there has been unusual reflectivity reported in the sky due to the ash.

On a side note to the volcano, the web-bot had been indicating issues surrounding gold for a few weeks now. There has been at least one thread about gold price fluctuations in the past few days and several stories in the main stream media.

I am interested in seeing how this October time-line plays out. In my mind I question whether the program is predictive or whether it is just much more accurate in picking up extremely subtle data and also analyzing it much faster than humans are capable of doing.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

In my mind I question whether the program is predictive or whether it is just much more accurate in picking up extremely subtle data and also analyzing it much faster than humans are capable of doing.

I have to wonder the same, because many things mentioned are already in the news and many independent minds have been trying to inform about those things.. like the earthquake activity and the rising costs of gold..

do keep track of it and keep us updated, it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   
one of the Creators of the web bot was on Coast to Coast a few months back and he was saying that it was going to be a huge water event whether it was a tidal wave or something else making the sea level surge all over the globe.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yes the web bots I have been following for some time now, and yes they are somewhat accurate, sometimes right on the money with detailed predictions on lots of random things (not just earthquakes, volcanoes and the like).

Ranging from economy, protests, weather, catastrophe, assassinations etc. It is based on people, us, the idea is that these little bots pick up our collective Consciousness and relay it back in semi-coherent format.

If you don't believe it, thats fine, but take a look at the Global Consciousness project here: noosphere.princeton.edu...

These are little computers generating random numbers, suppose to equal ZERO, and they do, except for certain occasions, like on 9/11, which was there largest anomaly. The boxes are not supposed to be affected at all by any outside influences, but are...somehow.

We don't understand everything.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
one of the Creators of the web bot was on Coast to Coast a few months back and he was saying that it was going to be a huge water event whether it was a tidal wave or something else making the sea level surge all over the globe.

Funny you should mention that. For the past week I've been having dreams involving water spilling onto dry land. Every dream is different, but the common theme is that; water rushing onto dry land.

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Here is as good of an explanation as any that I have found:

urbansurvival.com excerpt:

...He described how technology worked. A system of spiders, agents, and wanderers travel the Internet, much like a search engine robot, and look for particular kinds of words. It targets discussion groups, translation sites, and places were regular people post a lot of text...

Link to site:
www.urbansurvival.com...

I also came across info on a somewhat similar technology called the Merlin Project:

MERLIN combines the exactness of planetary mathematics with recognized historical cycles to create snapshots of time by using a single moment as a starting point. These "chronographs" are highly individualized patterns, tracings in time that begin when we are born or a key event occurs. They depict chains of activity that are twofold: external factors (career matters, where we work or live) and internal factors (health, relationships, emotional concerns.) MERLIN pinpoints three elements about such periods of activity: the onset, the intensity, and the duration. It's the Next Step beyond The Celestine Prophecy.

Link to Excerpt:
www.fourmilab.ch...

This seems much more sketchy to me. Kind of hocus-pocus. I can at least wrap my brain around the computer-based program.

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Re: Volcanic activity - northern Pacific rim. Mt. St. Helens is restless. Is that north enough?

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
don't fit the profile, However the Kodiak peninsula of Alaska is very active,

posted on Oct, 7 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by greatlakes

It is based on people, us, the idea is that these little bots pick up our collective Consciousness and relay it back in semi-coherent format.

If you don't believe it, thats fine, but take a look at the Global Consciousness project here: noosphere.princeton.edu...

On a related note, somewhere in all of the info I have read there was a controlled study done in a lab where participants were shown various graphic images. Their physical responses such as facial muscle movement, pulse, blood pressure, etc was monitored and recorded. The study revealed that, on average, the participants reacted up to six seconds prior to actually viewing the material and they did not react in the same way for material that was not graphic in nature.

As far as where the volcanic activity is located, it is my understanding from the synopsis that the air traffic disruption due to the activity is the key indicator as to whether it will be scenario 1 or scenario 2, not so much the volcanic activity itself. Its complicated I know. Sorry I can't provide more of an explanation. I am trying to sort it all out myself. None of it may be true but it sure is trending accurately.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join