It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Place to Find a Masonic Obelisk

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I almost hate posting in this section because of the Squares, but here's an interesting place to find a Masonic Emblem...

Typical Masonic Obelisk, you probably have one in your town, so what's the big deal?
Ah but this is no town, it is the location of the explosion of the first Nuclear Device, the Trinity Test Site.

Does this mark yet another philanthropic Masonic contribution to the world like Finance and Hobnobbery?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I see nothing typical nor masonic about the Trinity Site comemeration monument, I find its shape to be more pyramidal than obelisk-like. What exactly is it that you see as Masonic?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
LOL what's not Masonic about it?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
I almost hate posting in this section because of the Squares, but here's an interesting place to find a Masonic Emblem...

*snip*

Does this mark yet another philanthropic Masonic contribution to the world like Finance and Hobnobbery?

LOL what's not Masonic about it?

So do you have a point to make or are you just wanting to stir the pot tonight?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Nothing like answering a question with a question. I find nothing Masonic about it. Perhaps if it were an unfinished pyramid with an All Seeing Eye atop it, or if there were a Square and Compass emblazoned upon the plaque. Now, what do you find Masonic about it?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

The "squares"? Who is that? If you are talking about the masons on here - would that be because we actually critically analyze arguments which often show theories to be incorrect? Darn it! And you were hoping for unquestioning awe when it comes to discussing your theory, eh? Yeah, that would be a reason to dislike the "squares."

Looking at the monument I would never have thought it was masonic. Unless...everything with a phallus shape is masonic. I could put so many jokes here, but I'll refrain from doing so - but let me tell you - it's difficult to resist.

[edit on 21-1-2008 by LightinDarkness]

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Three Masons Reply immediately, all of them angrily. Good.
Intrepid, my point is that the Trinity Test Site being marked with a masonic obelisk is interesting, as the thread title suggests.
Whose pot is getting stirred? This is the secret societies forum, isn't it?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Congrats intrepid, you have somehow been elevated to a mason! *applause*

When will it occur to some people that simply because someone disagrees with your "masonic conspiracy theory" it does not make them a mason...

Also, you will know when I respond angrily, as I can get caustic enough to cause warnings and post bans on me.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Hi Twitchy

I think perhaps it's the fact that the Obelisk is not a masonic symbol has got contributors confused. Because it is not used in masonry, your description of it as "masonic" has left people wondering what it is about the obelisk that is, in fact, masonic.

Please note I am not replying "angrily" although a little wearily maybe as I have addressed this general point at least twice over the past few months. The fact that you are pleased to have upset ATS members tells me you are trolling - is this true or did I misread your post?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Well I'm certainly open to your interpretations of the Obelisk that Marks that marks the Trinity Test Site.
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Intrepid was a mason, correct me if I'm wrong.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Well I'm certainly open to your interpretations of the Obelisk that Marks that marks the Trinity Test Site.

OK - here's my basis for believing the lack of masonic symbolism of the obelisk.

I have never come across it used within freemasonry ever, in 15 years of membership and study. There are probably hundreds of objects that are moralized upon or attract some sort of masonic symbolism beyond the generally accepted meaning, but the obelisk is not one of them. Can you find a reference anywhere to the "obelisk" and what its masonic meaning might be?

Like the pyramid, the obelisk is assumed by the ignorant to be masonic because it's "kooky and esoteric, like masonry". Please, let's hold ourselves to a higher standard here.

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that Intrepid was a mason, correct me if I'm wrong.

I think you need to take that up with him. But I can tell you now that neither he nor I can categorically disprove that he is a freemason, and at some point you are going to have to take people's word as probably fact. Like, er, the fact that the obelisk is not a masonic symbol.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I am still awaiting an answer to my 'angry' question. What do you think is Masonic about the Trinity Site memorial?

As a side note if Intrepid were indeed a Mason, which I am fairly certain he is not, I would be honored to call him Brother.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Hello twitchy.

The obelisk and word "trinity" definetely have christian/religious or occult connotations.

Having opened this thread I assume you have some information on why they called it that and who called it that?

btw: intrepid has said that in another thread that he is not a mason.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How about that one in Central Park, what's all over it? So if we were to go on a 'Obelisk Kicking Over' tour around the world, can you honestly say that once we get the majority of them kicked over, we aren't going to find buried beneath alot of them a Compass, or a Level, or plumb-line one?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

The one in Central Park is Cleopatra's Needle and is inscribed with hieroglyphics. There is nothing remotely Masonic about that artifact.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Having opened this thread I assume you have some information on why they called it that and who called it that?
btw: intrepid has said that in another thread that he is not a mason.

The thread is an observation, the fight with the masons is a hobby of mine.
My apologies if Intrepid isn't a mason, perhaps it was Fredt I was thinking of. He is well known for his defense of Masonry here though regardless, it's no surprise to see him on this thread. No offense intrepid, I hold you in high regards.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

How about that one in Central Park, what's all over it? So if we were to go on a 'Obelisk Kicking Over' tour around the world, can you honestly say that once we get the majority of them kicked over, we aren't going to find buried beneath alot of them a Compass, or a Level, or plumb-line one?

Yes absolutely, although I wouldn't recommend this sort of vandalism. Same applies to pyramids too, although the shape and low center of gravity of pyramids versus obelisks will make them a lot harder to kick over. Oh and they're bigger too.

So in the absence of any evidence that obelisks are masonic can we move on?

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trinityman
So in the absence of any evidence that obelisks are masonic can we move on?

Sure, head out.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The thread is an observation, the fight with the masons is a hobby of mine.

Not sure I like having a "fight" in any forums, be it SS or not.

I cruise this forum because it was one of the first I was assigned to when I became a staff member, thus my affinity for it. The only staff members that are Masons are Mirthful Me and ADVISOR.

posted on Jan, 21 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sure, head out.

The thread is an observation, the fight with the masons is a hobby of mine

... and so, the issue resolved, Twitchy and Trinityman walked arm in arm toward the sunset. Just the occasional friendly punch in the arm or surreptitious kick reminded us of how much the silly billies liked to fight each other.

"Look", said Twitchy, excitedly pointed over the ridge - "a masonic sheep!"

And they laughed all the way to their secret clubhouse.

THE END

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join