It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims US-Backed Terrorists Planned Attack on Russian Consulate

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Iran Claims US-Backed Terrorists Planned Attack on Russian Consulate

en.rian.ru

Iran has arrested a terrorist group that planned to blow up the Russian consulate building in the town of Rasht near the Caspian Sea, the Iranian intelligence and security minister said on Wednesday.

"This terrorist network, with links to the U.S., planned an explosion at the Russian consulate in Rasht, aiming to create a rift between Iran and its neighbors," Qolam Hosein Mohseni-Ejei was quoted by Fars news agency as saying.

The minister, speaking at a session of Iranian prosecutors, did not provide any details of the operation.

Moscow and Tehran enjoy warm relations amid the pressure from the West on Iran over its controversial nuclear program. Russia is a key economic partner of Iran, and is building the country's first nuclear power plant in Bushehr.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The intrigue over Iran deepens, with Iran now claiming that US-backed terrorists were planning an attack on a Russian consulate, in an attempt to draw Russia deeper into the crisis.

This is a fresh propaganda move in the mounting war of accusations and counter-accusations, and was reported by the Russian news agency RIA Novosti.

en.rian.ru
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It would be rather `interesting` if they were found to be CIA or another such agency....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

wonder what the supposed connection was to the US? Too bad they don't mention that. Without solid info on that piece of information this is just BS.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by gottago

wonder what the supposed connection was to the US? Too bad they don't mention that. Without solid info on that piece of information this is just BS.

Exactly, and that's true for both sides !

Edited : typo

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Marmelade]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is JUST a Russian news site, I think that should tell you something.
It has long been rumored that Russian special forces were on the ground in Iran. Russia may have decided it was time to get in.

I think its obvious they will at some point, and they will fight against the USA if the USA goes into Iran.

They are trying to justify the war.

Im pretty sure the ONLY reason we have not attacked the reactor is because Russia wasnt on board. Thus the attack plan was changed to a supposed terrorist camp inside of Iran.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu

I thought it was Russia that was actually building Iran's nuclear facilities? They probably wouldn't want to be onboard for an attack that demolishes their own work.

Good article nevertheless, starred and flagged, it's an interesting insight if it's true.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
You are only supporting my point, what happens if we kill their people in Iran?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I would think that a story like this is true. America still hates russia in plenty of ways. Just look at how they tried to stop putin going to iran, putting out rumours of some plot or something. Luckily the russians are good enough to know that it was the americans, behind the rumours.

PLenty of the cold war stuff is still here, and gorbachev, said so last week, claiming that america is trying to bring on another cold war.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
You are only supporting my point, what happens if we kill their people in Iran?

Personally they will do covert stuff to the usa, like the other way round if russians killed americans in some proxy war.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well the US has endorsed regime change in Iran, and publicly admitted supporting armed resistance groups (IE: terrorists) in Iran, so it should come as no huge shock.

For all the hype about "state sponsored terrorists", the US has never shied away from endorsing & arming "freedom fighters" opposing regimes that do not abide by our various our diktats. Of course they're "freedom fighters" and not "terrorists", you can tell the difference, the civilians they kill are always happy to die for the greater glory of the American Imperium

There's also a Cold War with Russia we're working very hard to reignite, it's become obvious that the bogus "War on Terror", isn't going to get the American public to go for unlimited defense spending, we need to (re)create an enemy that really does have the power to wipe us off the planet.

[edit on 5/17/08 by xmotex]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The us recently killed a man in somalia who had proof the US was breaking the UN arms emargo and was supplying weapons to the warlords - the same wrlords who have been cited for war crimes ( you know like burning villages when everyone was in there houses that sort of thing)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The US has authorized covert action inside Iran for some time. Special Forces and the CIA have been conducting incursions and meeting up with local resistance groups:

blogs.abcnews.com...
www.atimes.com...

As well as flying UAV's over Iranian Nuclear Sites (www.msnbc.msn.com...) they are also supplying and arming Iranian Resistance militias like People's Mojahedin Organization of Iran (MEK) a designated Communist, terrorist group responsible for many bombing attacks on Iranian civilians

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.campaigniran.org.../1873

You wanna talk about state-sponsored terrorism there's a shining example for all the Republicans here.

Washington is giving Iran ultimatums to stop the "alleged" arming of Shiite sectarians in Iran, which so far has yet to be proven true:
www.washingtonpost.com...
news.yahoo.com...
www.iht.com...

But on the other hand they're sneaking support, arms and financial assistance to terrorists inside Iran to try and destabilize Ahmadinejad's government.

The hypocrisy of US Foreign Policy knows no bounds.

[edit on 17/5/08 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Took the words out of my mouth - the hypocrisy displayed is stunning:

"When we do it, it's fighting for freedom - when anyone else does it, it's terrorism"

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Some further information from Russia Today:

According to the minister, the network is linked to a blast in a mosque in the city of Shiraz in April. That explosion killed 14 and injured more than 200 people.

The group was allegedly planning a series of terrorist attacks in religious centres, thus aiming to incite religious hatred.

There have been no updates so far after the initial report.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Based on the US's history of paying for he best enemy, as in every conflict the USA was involved in, Uncle Sam has indirectly financed the same enemy we were fighting.

So, this don't surprise a whole lot, would have figured the lesson would be learned, evidently not.

Good job on presenting this topic. Just more rope added let the gov hang itself.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
OMG!
If you believe this obvious propaganda from the enemy then I have a bridge in New York I wan to sell you.

Please people, think for yourself once and a while instead of falling for the enemies obvious propaganda. I really do feel sorry for some of you.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

OMG!
If you believe this obvious propaganda from the enemy then I have a bridge in New York I wan to sell you.

Yeah everyone's out to get the USA mate. It's just so biased and unfair how they keep picking on America, what have you guys ever done wrong?

Excuse me while I put my blindfold on and listen to FOX news....

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

There is nothing so far to prove or disprove the report; it may very well be propaganda, but I'd just say in response: "Weapons of Mass Destruction."

Point being, it can very well be true.

Solid reports by the likes of Seymour Hersh in the New Yorker nearly two years ago have stated that the US had special forces and CIA inside Iran. What do you think they're doing there; making friends?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Took the words out of my mouth - the hypocrisy displayed is stunning:

"When we do it, it's fighting for freedom - when anyone else does it, it's terrorism"

I believe it is "fighting to end freedom"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join