It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this proof that the MSM is stealing their Ideas from alt media like ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I was reading drudge this morning and I saw something very familiar.

I wrote this thread on January 19 2014, hers is from February 26 2014

www.anncoulter.com...

Of course, the reason American workers’ wages are so low in the first place is because of the Democrats' policies on immigration. Republicans might want to point that out.

Since the late 1960s, the Democrats have been dumping about a million low-skilled immigrants on the country every year, driving down wages, especially at the lower end of the spectrum.

According to Harvard economist George Borjas, our immigration policies have reduced American wages by $402 billion a year -- while increasing profits for employers by $437 billion a year. (That's minus what they have to pay to the government in taxes to support their out-of-work former employees. Of course, we're all forced to share that tax burden.)

This is almost the exact same thing I said in a thread I made a few weeks ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

America has a strong manufacturing and construction base, which has fueled the middle class for generations.

The .gov allowed 17,000,000 illegal low wage workers to come in, didn't actually enforce immigration laws, and caused the collapse of middle class living.

I am a true believer in the capitalist economy, it works if properly utilized.

However, according to free market economics, add ALOT of any resource, no matter its value, and the price plummets.

Now over then last 20 years the .gov has allowed( I say this because no other nation on earth would let this happen, as economic ruin for the middle class is the only outcome, obviously. And no other nation on earth has allowed this, at any single time in recorded history because of the outcome) 17,000,000 low wage illegal immigrants to come to America and undercut the workers, driving down their wages, even as corporate profits rose to never before seen heights.

There are even more similarities, not all of them are mine, many reflect posts by other posters in the thread.

It is like Ann Coulter took the ideas in this thread and condensed all that fit her "opinion" and posted it on her home page.

It may just be the beer talking here, but I remember almost every single post I read in that thread, and I see many of the posts by myself and other members reflected almost verbatim in her article.

Please tell me I have just drunk too much and need to go to bed. Dont let me believe I gave this worthless excuse for a woman ammo for her idiot machine.
edit on 2014bFridayv1820142 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

The truth has a way of sounding the same ....If you have been following the story at Climate audit about Michael Mann you would soon notice that even a lie can sound like the truth ....peace

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Of course she uses it to damn the democrats, and praise the republicans. I do not emulate either, I wish they would both crumble and die, as both parties dont serve anyone but those in power.

I meant this thread to be a warning and a potential remedy for the common folks, not more ammo for the retarded politicos to use to further divide us all.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

the2ofusr1
reply to post by oblvion

The truth has a way of sounding the same ....If you have been following the story at Climate audit about Michael Mann you would soon notice that even a lie can sound like the truth ....peace

You know...those are some of the wisest words I have ever read my friend. Though they dont bring comfort, only more sorrow, because so many cant see how true they really are.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
OOOO-weeee! You were doing fine until your conclusion which is to point out that the so-called useless drivel she spills out is inspired by your writings. Nighty-night now. You'll see things more clearly after a good sleep.

edit on 28-2-2014 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You should be proud.

You created a meme!!!

Many times I hope my posts will become meme's that end up influencing people far and wide.

One of the reasons I do a lot of posting on ATS is to hopefully start memes.

Don't despair, don't think this is a bad thing.

You got your opinion out to the world!

Is the point getting credit for it, or having people understand what you understand and see what you see?

It has always been my contention that one person CAN change the world. starting a meme that travels is proof.

You made a difference, be proud, not angry.

Also, realize the media, the government, spies all lurk and get ideas from us, don't ever think this is a quiet little forum with no influence, They lurk they listen and sometimes they learn.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

aboutface
OOOO-weeee! You were doing fine until your conclusion which is to point out that the so-called useless drivel se spills out is inspired by your writings. Nighty-night now. You'll see things more clearly after a good sleep.

It isnt "so called" she is one of the rights dogs of war. She escalates things on purpose to give the left ammo to further divide us all.

They are all in it together. There is not a single political party that has our best interest in mind. Their only aim is power, and keeping the people from taking it back.

Perhaps your right though, I am intoxicated, and I do need sleep, but couldnt until after I read the linked thread, that contains literally every single thing she says in it.

Though in her use it is all slanted right, when the thread itself was more along the center lines. I argued VS liberals, I argued VS conservatives.

So did many others. The tone of the thread overall was centered on "the people", and the way they are being screwed by both parties.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

grandmakdw
You should be proud.

You created a meme!!!

Many times I hope my posts will become meme's that end up influencing people far and wide.

One of the reasons I do a lot of posting on ATS is to hopefully start memes.

Don't despair, don't think this is a bad thing.

You got your opinion out to the world!

Is the point getting credit for it, or having people understand what you understand and see what you see?

It has always been my contention that one person CAN change the world. starting a meme that travels is proof.

You made a difference, be proud, not angry.

Also, realize the media, the government, spies all lurk and get ideas from us, don't ever think this is a quiet little forum with no influence, They lurk they listen and sometimes they learn.

I dont give a toss for the credit, I am anonymous here any how, it isnt like you guys know me or my name IRL.

I just feel the truth is the truth, and it doesnt belong to me or anyone, it belongs to all peoples of this world.

I wouldnt mind it spreading like wild fire across the globe honestly, but she is doing it with a republican bent, not that a democratic bent would have been any better.

It was meant to simply state the truth of the situation, and hopefully open some eyes to the fact both parties are against us all.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

There have been countless times ive seen a thread on ats for about a week only to see a similar story end up mainstream...what is interesting about it is its usually a topic that I wouldnt expect to end up in the mainstream media...I have no doubt they read forums like ats.....we are basically the best open source intelligence agency in the world...plus we can add human intelligence factors considering many of members can be eye witnesses to what is going on. We gather so much information for free...im sure even intelligence officers from many countries read these boards as well..

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer
reply to post by oblvion

There have been countless times ive seen a thread on ats for about a week only to see a similar story end up mainstream...what is interesting about it is its usually a topic that I wouldnt expect to end up in the mainstream media...I have no doubt they read forums like ats.....we are basically the best open source intelligence agency in the world...plus we can add human intelligence factors considering many of members can be eye witnesses to what is going on. We gather so much information for free...im sure even intelligence officers from many countries read these boards as well..

Thanks for your reply!!!

The problem I have here is that this wasnt some story that we caught first, we do that all the time, several times daily honestly, ATSers are badass!!!!

The problem I have is I have not heard these things stated in such a straight forward manner from anyone, not just on my points but many of the other very talented posters that participated.

Most had no political agenda, they were just trying to do what ATSers do and find the truth.

This has been turned into a political hit piece.

I have no love for the left, nor the right, but the point of the thread was not to give ammo to the politicos to further divide us.

It was to try and bridge a gap.

Showing how those on the left allowed the illegals to come in on purpose to ruin the economy, and those on the right took advantage of the illegals to up their corporate masters revenue.

I was going to make another post with the same title and further elaborate how these "people" are ruining the world and we as a people are championing it.

Because our side will sacrifice anything to make sure their side loses. This applies to both sides at the moment.

I just feel used. Maybe I should just word it all better when I make the next installment of "I didnt want to be "that" guy but......

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
To me the truth about the truth can unite but requires integrity .Now we know that politicians are members of a society that we do not belong to .(the law society) just as in a court you have 2 sides playing different roles but always keeping their society going and at the same time furthering the agenda for the ptb (the corporations) some are closer to tptb and are major players while others have to play their parts even in smaller ways . They do pay attention to the electorate and it's the electorate that is becoming more politically engaged and knowledgeable about the political game .They play for gain while we have to suffer the bends they put on our knowledge .Theirs is one of a parasite and they need to perpetuate our belief that we need them . If that involves taking these truths that we know to be and bending to serve them then that is what they will do .....peace

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

I said it was 'so-called drivel' because I don't listen to her at all.
Saw her once as a guest and that was enough for me.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

aboutface
reply to post by oblvion

I said it was 'so-called drivel' because I don't listen to her at all.
Saw her once as a guest and that was enough for me.

I commend you, you can understand obvious "rhetoric" when you see it.

Please inform others.

Truth isnt ours, here at ATS. It belongs to all. It is a gift, freely given. If we dont spread it , we are just as bad as those spreading lies.

I am off to bed be back sober and ready to chat in the AM ATS board time.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The fun really starts when you post up something or comment on something and watch them up date with in a few minutes of your posting word for word or have them remove an image or edit it.

But seen it happen be for does not surprise me really.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
If Ann Coulter ever repeated anything I said I'd have to take a week-long shower. She's the primary reason industrial grade wood-chippers were invented.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

jtma508
If Ann Coulter ever repeated anything I said I'd have to take a week-long shower. She's the primary reason industrial grade wood-chippers were invented.

EXACTLY!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Wow. Where do i start here? First of all, the immigration problem has been "tolerated" for many decades by both parties. Republicans wanted cheap labor and Democrats wanted cheap votes. rarely did anyone other than the fringe complain about it. You speak as if it was always the conservatives who felt the need to man our borders. I'm an "Old School Democrat" who bitched about the issue since Jesus was in first grade, yet most people I've discussed it with ( people from both parties ) felt it was a non-issue. Only when the economy failure became a reality did people in general started seeing it for what it is.

Also, I make such opinions as a result of seventeen years in political chat rooms where the extremes of both are clashing with each other. The lefties felt the need to "rescue" our little brown brothers from the Mexican Govt. policies that are grossly inhumane and the righties could care less, other than a lot of "sub-contractors" could/can reap the benefits of low wages.

Regardless where you stand, the issue has been an open sore with a staph infection setting in and a number of people saw it coming to a head. Only within the past fifteen years did conservatives feel the need to address the problem. However, they only did this as a result of "needing" more votes in impending elections. All of a sudden the GOP issued new edicts and overnight the righties in the chat rooms became "Pro-Americans" demanding the problem be dealt with.

As far as Ann Coulter is concerned, I could care less what she says because her shock value wore thin with me. When she publicly called the spouses of 9/11 victims whores seeking assistance when the fact is they wanted the Govt. to come clean and answer "ALL" questions concerning the crime on America, i wrote her off and would not piss on her if she was on fire.

I believe the both of us, you and I, share something in common. we don't like the situation the Govt. wrought on us. However, you forgot a major point that makes it worse. Please do a little research on the U.S.A.I.D.. It was/is a harbinger to pappy Bush and his "New World Order" in that the American Govt. policy over the years gave heavy sums in Central and South America an ( economic shot in the arm ) to save them from the Russkies. Of course that was B/S, however American tax dollars was used to "entice" American textile companies to set up operations in hosting nations for cheap labor. This resulted forty years ago and the same mentality fuels "Free Trade" policies across the globe.

Welcome to the New World Order. Who really makes the decisions in Washington are the U.N. with their Agenda 21 programs. If you really want to know what was/is destroying America's middle-class, your research will give you the answers. BTW, you will not get this info from Ann Coulter, pill popping Rush or Glenn Beck. The same is true with the Clintons', Romneys' or Obammys' or anyone else the power elite throws at you.

top topics

join