It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the police state. Army supplying police with 13,000 armored vehicles.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
This is from the Bloomberg News channel on youtube.

I guess its some type of promotional video. Just wondering, whos the target audience? It would have to be the police, right?

Because as an average citizen, I'm not feeling too great about this.

13,000 armored vehicles patrolling the streets of America by an increasingly violent police force... If distributed equally, thats 260 armored vehicles per state.

Sounds just peachy keen.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

damn...

You guys are in trouble...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
The kicker is we are paying taxes that will eventually imprison ourselves. Every bit of the 1984 style tactics being used is being funded by We the people.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Just men dressed to serve and protect, move along...

But in all seriousness this # is getting pretty scary. I'm glad I live in AZ where our sheriffs have all signed and vowed to never let 'it' happen. At least in my small town the cops are just average Joes, cool to talk to with and their heads on straight.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Your Constitutional Republic has been infiltrated by Nazis.

They will force the hand of the public, hoping you will fire the first shot.

That way they can unleash what they have always wanted, that being...Martial Law, the confiscation of all weapons currently in the hands of the public and the suspension of the constitution.

I loath your government and what the United States of Amerika has become - the enemy of mankind.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
With crime at record lows in the US the cops need to tool up for Armageddon.

I was thinking the other day, is this really new or is it normal?

After WWII, Korea, Vietnam, etc... were the police being armed with surplus military equipment?

Is the buying of millions of rounds of ammunition for the feds and locals really a new phenomenon or is it just being reported on more?

The saddest thing is regardless of how these questions are answered we're screwed. Either the US has always been a police state or the US is becoming a police state.

I'm in the group that leans towards "always has been" but what difference does it make? We're screwed unless there is a massive awakening for the cause of liberty.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Going to have to be "that guy" but believe me they'd loose more than they would gain if they became a police state. Not to mention the American govt isn't in a financial position to mass transport or mass produce military grade weapons or vehicles for the police as well.

Do you have such little trust in the people who try to protect you on a daily basis? The police who constantly try to do what's right, do you ever hear good stories about them? All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the bunch I guess.

Also it'd be rather inconvenient to drive around in one of those it just announces to everyone that you're there, it'd just tell criminals here's a head start now hide.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Don't let it scare you. 260 vehicles per state? I cant do the math but thats thousands of angry civilians per vehicle. I think you still have the power in your hands if you were willing to actually use it.

armored vehicles? pfft!!

The government has no real defense over the power of the people. Hiding that fact from you is the only way
edit on 28-2-2014 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Sublimecraft

Your Constitutional Republic has been infiltrated by Nazis.

They will force the hand of the public, hoping you will fire the first shot.

That way they can unleash what they have always wanted, that being...Martial Law, the confiscation of all weapons currently in the hands of the public and the suspension of the constitution.

I loath your government and what the United States of Amerika has become - the enemy of mankind.

"the enemy of mankind"....hyperbole squared

good thing it isn't North Korea, Islamic extremists, etc.......here's a current list as of 2014, of the most deadliest conflicts around the globe:
en.wikipedia.org...

looks like there is maybe, just maybe....other "enemies of mankind" out there

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You might enjoy this article from Techdirt

New Hampshire State Legislator Hopes To Push Back Against Police Militarization With New Bill

The militarization of law enforcement agencies is a worrying development. It's not necessarily new. Law enforcement agencies have been converting police departments into quasi-military outfits for years, most of it spurred on by the over-deployment of SWAT teams to handle basic arrests and take down ever-so-dangerous marijuana users.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

www.alt-market.com...

"We live in a small rural town. Moved here in 1961. I don’t remember what year the State Troopers moved a headquarters into our town. Our young people were plagued with tickets for even the smallest offense. Troopers had to get their limits for the month. People make jokes about that but it has been true. Every kid I knew was getting ticketed for something. But now it is so much worse. I raised my kids to respect police. If they did something wrong and got caught they deserved it and should take their punishment. But now I have no respect for the police. I feel threatened and fearful of them. They are aggressive and intimidating. They lie and are abusive and we do not know how to fight them. I am not a minority here but people are afraid if they speak out they will be targeted. We are just a small town. I just don’t care anymore if they do target me. I am afraid they are going to kill someone.” —Letter from a 60-year-old grandmother

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Maybe when they downsize the army those troops that are familiar with the vehicles will become cops. How scary would that be? Maybe it's all part of the plan seeing how lots of former military especially infantry and MPs become cops, then again maybe it's all wild speculation on my part.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

gladtobehere

Surprisingly, not long after the hippies took over the government.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
The hippies wanted no part of the government.
They came into being to warn you of the hypocrisy you are living....
Guess whast....the society destroyed them

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Hey reality check, can you be more specific? I really want to make sure you can demonstrate properly how incredibly wrong you are.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Akragon

damn...

You guys are in trouble...

My first thought as well.Star for you.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by blueyezblkdragon

Do you have such little trust in the people who try to protect you on a daily basis?

That's a joke right?

Protect us from what? Terrorists? Drug crazed zombies? Did you know corporations run prisons? They need revenue.
5000+ self -justified homicides by police since 9/11. 33 dead from Islamic Jihadists.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

abecedarian

gladtobehere

The same time terrorists became "domestic terrorists".

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

abecedarian

gladtobehere

You really know nothing about hippies do you? The hippies warned us this would happen back in the 60's. They warned against unstoppable encroachment by the federal government and said that the government was spying on us. All this started when the government was sold to the elite and that sure wasn't done by a bunch of pot smokers.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

This video sums it up

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join