It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy to be sentenced for murders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy, who murdered three men in and around Peterborough over a 10-day period in March last year, will be sentenced today.

The 31-year-old will appear before at the Old Bailey this morning.

Serial killer Joanna Dennehy to be sentenced for murders

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I know what this story refers to, but for those of us with less than a firm grasp of current affairs, would you mind providing a little background on this story for the rest of the membership?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
How is 3 kills a serial killer?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

I was just conferring if obese people are cereal killers

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Um... a serial killer is defined by many as a person who has killed three, or more people with a certain amount of down time between kills, but the FBI in the US are beginning to think that it might be better to consider those who have killed more than two a serial killer, dependent on motive and so on. Usually, serial killers have no motivation for the acts, other than psychological gratification, how so ever it is come by in doing what they do.

Either of these fits Dennehy pretty well.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I didn't include a summary. My bad. A snippet of info from murderpedia

Newly released video footage of JD at police station

Peterborough ditch murders

The Peterborough ditch murders were a series of three murders which took place in the United Kingdom, in March 2013. All of the victims were male, and died from stab wounds. The bodies of all three men were discovered dumped in ditches outside of Peterborough.

In November 2013, Joanna Dennehy pleaded guilty to all three murders and two further attempted murders.

Victims

Kevin Lee was a property developer and landlord of Joanna Dennehy. He was killed on 29 March, and his body found the next day near Newborough.

Lukasz Slaboszewski and John Chapman were housemates of Dennehy. Slaboszewski was killed between 19 and 29 March and Chapman was on 29 March. Slaboszewski and Chapman were both found on 3 April near Thorney with stab wounds.
edit on 28-2-2014 by Tindalos2013 because: Added a link

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   

TKDRL

I know british serial killers are lame compared to the ones across the pond

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
the police were warned that something was going on when someone was trying to break a door down in a shared house and going nuts, the police ignored this persons frightened phone call. all this could have been prevented.
edit on 47Sunday19ppAmerica/Chicago21947 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

TKDRL

It's almost mass murder in the UK!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Man, that is one unpleasant looking woman.

The knife she's posing with on some Google images looks interesting though. Is it the knife she used in the murders?

Also, one of the guys she knifed (but he survived), she stole his dog. Did the poor guy ever get his dog back? Nothing's mentioned along those lines.

new topics

top topics

join