It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Scale Food Fraud By Major Food Companies - Alert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Fair enough, i agree with everything you've just written.

Thanks for clarifying.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So...Every single comment I read on the first page that poopooed the article talked about how we all knew froot loops etc do not contain real fruit.

But when I clicked on the article a brief scan showed me that the main thing the article is about is over 500 foods that contain a weird chemical used in manufacturing yoga mats. Why didn't anybody address THIS issue? The MAIN issue the article was talking about. Does anybody know if the chemical is harmful?

Not putting real fruit into a product called Froot Loops is not a crime. Clearly most of us realize that. But that's not the issue the article was talking about from what I saw. The inclusion of a weird plastic/rubber chemical in our food is an entirely different issue and may very well constitute a crime if it's harmful and, as the article claims, not even necessary. That's like saying "hey let's just add some antifreeze into the orange juice for the heck of it."

I realize the article may be wrong, or that the chemical may not be harmful and actually does serve a purpose as an ingredient. But I would've thought these questions would have been answered by the first page. Instead several members engaged in a strawman-type of argument leading me and I'm sure others to believe that the main arguing point of the article was something akin to "Breaking News! Froot Loops and Fruity Pebbles do NOT contain actual fruit! Repeat- Do NOT contain actual fruit!! And the government stands by allowing this trampling of basic human rights!"

Eta-
Oookay... now I realize there were 2 links in the OP, and I only looked at the 2nd one. My mistake. Sorry bout that! I suppose I could delete my whole diatribe but that would not be very honest so I'll just leave it and hope others may learn from my mistake. Carry on...

edit on 2/28/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

weird chemical used in manufacturing yoga mats.

That might be the notorious plastics foaming agent, azodicarbonimide. RT story in my FaceBook newsfeed, about how bread has this in it.
rt.com...
edit on 28-2-2014 by misschareesee2 because: .

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
They put labels with ingredients on the packages for a reason ... They presumably teach us to read for a reason ...

Hmmm, lists of ingredients and the reading skill ... one would think these two things would naturally be put together by most astute people.

There is a very old concept called buyer beware. I would prefer that people learn this concept once again rather than try to empower the government to live our lives for us because that gets really annoying for those of us who don't need the government to play mommy and daddy.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by championoftruth

Don't say all Kellog's cereals don't have real fruit in them. I have to avoid Special K red berries because they're made with freeze-dried strawberries, which I am allergic to

top topics

<< 1   >>

join