It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on at Yellowstone part 2

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
YNR charging up for the next biggy....

www.quake.utah.edu...

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ressiv

A little more action somewhere near Norris Basin this morning. From plate boundary station B950, located north of Norris.

edit on 4/8/2014 by Olivine because: fix broken image

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

How big would that be? Only one I see is registering as 1.6?

M1.6 - 27km NNE of Old Faithful Geyser, Wyoming
2014-04-07 16:42:51 UTC

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

Not very big, it shows on almost all of the park seismos, strongest on the western half--it may be epicentered outside of Yellowstone. My best estimate is mag 2.4- 2.6? I'm still waiting for a listing.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Yellowstone Old Faithful Webcam has been down since yesterday afternoon for me.

M4.1 - 15km NNW of Challis, Idaho
2014-04-10 12:21:34 UTC
44.635°N 114.293°W depth=5.0km (3.1mi)
Nearby Cities
15km (9mi) NNW of Challis, Idaho
190km (118mi) NE of Boise, Idaho
192km (119mi) NE of Garden City, Idaho
195km (121mi) ENE of Eagle, Idaho
201km (125mi) NNE of Mountain Home, Idaho

Not showing on ANSS Heliplots
I found this site where you can see multiple plots for all recorders. You must chose parameters.
Yellowstone Seismograms

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Weird signal over most of the park....

thumbnails

Maybe just weather? Looks different than what I saw in the past though.
edit on 11-4-2014 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Can anyone else confirm this??? Eyes open!

JACKSON, Wyo. -
The Jackson Town Council has declared a state of emergency and adopted a disaster declaration due to concerns that portions of a hill could slide.

RELATED CONTENT

It also passed a delegation of authority authorizing expenditures up to $50,000.

"This declaration and resolution is a crucial step in correctly responding to this situation and obtaining assistance when needed," said Town Manager Bob McLaurin in a news release.

Budge Drive and the surrounding area were evacuated Wednesday around 7:30 p.m.

"The ground was shifting, not just on the surface, but deeper down underneath the ground, 40 to 50 feet down," said Roxanne Robinson, the incident command public information officer.

Authorities said most of the 60 people who live on Budge Drive have evacuated along with employees of Walgreens and of the businesses in the Hillside Complex.

"I saw the road lift up and the crack in the wall," said Budge Drive resident George Schley, referring to the retainer wall around the hill.

“Public safety is our No. 1 priority and taking this action now instead of waiting is the best approach," said Teton County Emergency Management Coordinator Rich Ochs.

Robinson said geologists are on the scene and are measuring the hill every couple of hours to see if there is any movement.

On Sunday, the hillside movement caused Jackson's pump station at the northwest corner of Budge Drive and West Broadway Avenue to shift, which led to a water main break. Crews repaired water mains and addressed road damage related to the movement on the hillside, the city said./

Source
edit on 11-4-2014 by Anmarie96 because: Source is not showing up ?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here is a news link

It just looks like a local (Jackson, WY) unstable hill slope, possible landslide--pretty far from the park.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Yes, but no not that far, not just a pending landslide... ground uplift?... magma chamber much larger than originally thought no? Odd!

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

wat about this one ? :-)
www.quake.utah.edu...

posted on Apr, 12 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Anmarie96
reply to post by Olivine

Yes, but no not that far, not just a pending landslide... ground uplift?... magma chamber much larger than originally thought no? Odd!

I can see how an impending landslide could buckle a road upwards when the road is below the greater mass and above the portion of the hill that hasn't 'left loose' yet. An uplift could happen first though, and cause the hillside above to separate too.
Definitely something to watch, especially with quakes happening.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Last few days I have noticed the webcam jumping all over the place, is this just wind?
Old Faithful Web Cam

posted on Apr, 29 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   
the page that shows the eq daily activity for yellowstone there was 18 quakes on 4/20 and the largest 2.1.New to all of this not sure if this means anything.March 30th had over 100 by the looks of it or was that aftershocks from the 4.8
edit on 30-4-2014 by AEONBLUE because: facts/question

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
What's going on with the what's going on at yellowstone part 2 thread?

Seriously? I was always a lurker in this thread, and with the recently larger EQ in Yellowstone I expected there to be an actual discussion, daily update, and insight from the more senior ATS members. Lately I've actually been browsing other sites for info regarding this because this thread seems D.O.A., which is quite sad because the other site sucks and really is full of .. well, you know.

So what's going on at yellowstone?

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here's a 90 day summary of earthquakes (all mags), tiltmeters, temp & seismic stations.

(Above Last Ninety Days)

(Above Last Ninety to 180 days)

Now I know nothing about this stuff really just a noob, but I thought I would contribute this because they do seem to be less spread out and more centralized in the last 90 days.

posted on Apr, 30 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I came across 2 youtube videos from the 24th to the 30th that show weird seismograph/grams readings what do you experts think about them.www.youtube.com... go 5 minutes in for seismos.For the second video the guy is saying harmonic fractures from water/gas hitting magma? www.youtube.com... not trying to fear monger its just been a slow month for YS after the big 4.8.credit www.isthisthingon.org...
edit on 30-4-2014 by AEONBLUE because: link

edit on 30-4-2014 by AEONBLUE because: credit

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
A serious question here. I just came across an article and video (not a very good source so I won't post it now) that claims 10 earthquake monitoring stations at Yellowstone have been taken off line. Does anyone know if this is true and why would they be taken off line at this particular time with all the recent activity there?

And in other Yellowstone news, Steamboat Geyser erupted for the first time in 8 years.

Park geologist Hank Heasler (HESS-ler) says Wednesday night’s nine-minute blast sent steaming hot water an estimated 200 to 300 feet in the air.

Unlike Old Faithful, which spews water like clockwork every hour-and-a-half, no one knows when Steamboat will erupt next.

In the past, it’s gone as long as 50 years without a major event. In 1964, it erupted a record 29 times.

Source

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Steamboat erupted last year for the first time in 8 years.Is this a new eruption or old news.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

Some of the seismos were off-line for awhile. Some are still broken. But even when many of them stopped working, there were still enough seismos to see that nothing was happening at Yellowstone. It's kinda quiet. As I've stated on Quake Watch, even Norris is quieting and it seems the uplift is now subsiding. And yes, Steamboat was last summer.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

Thanks for clarifying. The steamboat news was posted on a site as new, sorry bout that.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join