It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's going on at Yellowstone part 2

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

An increase of 3.5mm year in year out could be considered to be no change. They do not state nothing is happening, only that there is little or no change. Just an observation.

edit on 20/9/2015 by PuterMan because: speeling eras

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PuterMan

Puterman, thank you for being there. I was washing my dishing and yelling at myself. I said, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? The rise is small. I put up my hand so I could examine the amount between my fingers. When I thought I was in range, I said, "there, that's nothing at all. So, what that ground went up by a slice of bread or so. Depend on who's slicing.

But here's the dealio. When the ground did rise to the peak bump, the swarm came. That's all I'm focused on. Even to me I keep thinking that if there was a big injection, and heat, should it go up more, and did that little bit of rising really cause all those earthquakes. But it did. I guess my mind see the crust too much like the skin of a balloon and not like a semi-cool hunk of rock. The down pressure really prevents the big rise up.

Oh. I want to have a jelly bean pool. I believe that if we have a constant rising, then we'll have a swarm.

Everyone gets to guess at the start date of the next major swarm. And by major I mean like we've all watched with the last two big ones. 2008 Yellowstone Lake. And 2010 at the Madison Plateau. Do I have those dates and places right? Anyway, it's gotta to be a big swarm to consider yourself a guessing boss like me.

I haven't decided yet. After the next weird thing that happens at Yellowstone I'll guess. Or near Idaho. That's wierd. Cuase it's been acting up like Oregon/Nevada.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
A new small swarm just happened southeast of Hebgen Lake near the Maple Creek station overnight. Highest mag quake was only 1.6. I saw it come in on my rig, kept an eye on it for a while, but had to crash. Things have already quieted back down as I look at live incoming data from the park while writing this post. But that can change.

Maple Creek webi 9/24/15:
www.quake.utah.edu...

9/25/15
www.quake.utah.edu...
edit on Fri Sep 25th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I just noticed that our uplift has shifted directions and is lower. I shouldn't be surprised, yet I am. As noticed, there was a small swarm. Very small. And yet, it caused, I think, a change in stress levels. The system is very sensitive. If you think of the uplift, and subsidence, and uplift in recent weeks, in relation to the earthquakes, you can see the ground of Yellowstone quiver, and or shiver!? Maybe peculating. Dear God, I hate the English Language. Some dude who's was over one hundred years old did a video about how dumb it is.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 7 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Hey eric, have you looked at USGS tonight. If you look at the pattern of the earthquakes, it seems to be circling the caldrea.

Not really sure how to explain it. But if you go and look. Pull out abit on the United States.

What do you make of that, if anything.

Or anyone reading this.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

Yup, i SAW IT. It's not new. Often, you will see this pattern. A couple of years ago, someone mentioned this to Puterman.

I think ... i'm going do some wesearch

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Now that you mentioned it, I thought I also recalled that question. I have spent the last hour looking for it and I haven't been able to locate it.

Once you start going back into the Earthquake and Yellowstone threads, you find so many interesting things, you kinda forget what you are actually looking for. LOL!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The area north of Yellowstone lake seems to be acting up alittle.

www.isthisthingon.org...

The biggest one.
earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on 13-10-2015 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

The smallest.
earthquake.usgs.gov...

I should say West of yellowstone lake.
edit on 13-10-2015 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Small quake swarm started somewhere near Yellowstone Lake- I think on the southwest side. Highest mag so far looks to be about 1.7 or so. Just an FYI. Doesn't look too menacing...yet.

www.quake.utah.edu...
edit on Wed Oct 28th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Another small quake swarm in progress, this time in the northwest of the park, looks like somewhere below and to the east of Hebgen Lake. Highest mag estimate is around 2.1 or so, so far. Events can be seen here at YMC:

www.quake.utah.edu...

Also showing on several others like YMR.

These are slightly more intense than the last swarm, but they seem to be increasing in mag. Eyes open peoples. Also, these probably won't show up on the USGS or UoU site until Monday- unless they get bigger and start hitting 3.0 +
edit on Fri Nov 6th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

You always make me nervous when I see that you've posted in this thread. I always think:

"Is his post going to say 'It's blown!' " ??

Glad you keep us informed though!

edit on 11/6/2015 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Lol. Well yes, unfortunately with the way things are setup, and the USGS and/or UoU not reporting on weekends, either you check the webicorders yourself, or wait for someone like me to post. Or just- wait till Monday. But by then you might be covered in ash.

I really do worry though that if low level tremor were to start somewhere at the park on a weekend, they might miss it. I won't, at least not within about 9 hours- because I am usually never away from my rig for longer than that. But yes, generally if I post in this thread, it will be to deliver some kind of news.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I went and checked Canada's seismo's, and it looks to me like Waterton is reacting to something.

What do make of this?

www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
There's nothing listed with the USGS, but, there's a small swarm in progress. Yesterday, there was a small burst followed by a slightly bigger flurry today. This next point is for information only, if you look at the Ole Faithful Webcam, you may see officials and geologists running around in prohibited areas setting up equipment for some in depth monitoring.

posted on Nov, 8 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I think this is what your talking about?

www.nps.gov...

Interesting. I wonder what changes this information will give us. I always think in the back of my head (when watching people walk around this area) Jeez do these people really know what they are walking on. LOL!!!
edit on 8-11-2015 by crappiekat because: to add

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I thought this article would be of interest to the posters here:

phys.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2015 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I thought this article would be of interest to the posters here:

phys.org...

Well it was of interest, at least until I read this:

A supervolcano is classed as more than 500 cubic kilometers of erupted magma volume. For comparison, Gregg said, Mount St. Helen's ejected about one cubic kilometer of material, so a supervolcano is more than five hundred times larger.

Wrongo. A supervolcano is classed as more than 1000 cubic kilometers of erupted magma volume. Hell, we all know that from having watched and read a zillion documentaries on the damn things. So if this Patricia Gregg, a University of Illinois professor of geology, can't get that basic fact right- then I don't think I want to depend on the rest of what she has to say. And sounds to me like the UoI better find another professor of geology... One that knows what the proper classification of a supervolcano means. Either that or Phys.org needs to find a better writer because Liz Ahlberg (the article writer) got it wrong.

*sigh*

Just stick with ATS, people. We'll learn ya right.

ETA: And furthermore, concerning the rest of the article, they seem to be forgetting the fact that both Long Valley (1980) and Yellowstone (1959) have experienced large earthquakes in the past that had the potential to "crack the roof," as they put it. Nope, no eruption in either case.

Remember the evidence presented that deep magma was found to have erupted very fast at Yellowstone? I don't understand why they don't pursue THAT more as a possible trigger for their models. Deep magma increases, overfilling the magma chambers, which in turn causes upward overpressure and boom. The end. Of the world. What's so hard to understand about that?

edit on Mon Nov 9th 2015 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Well, not much is really happening. There's little uplift. Swarms are small and at, as they say, background levels. Snow has set in and there's only the bison and the snow people. Except today, there's some wolves, or coyotes, on the webcam of Old Faithful. Remarkably, there's lone people walking on the trails and I'm not sure they know the wolves are nearby. The wolves were right on the observation boardwalk where people watch the shows.

edit on 5-2-2016 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Hi eric,

I am so pissed. I go to that site 5 to 6 times a week to check things out.

Today I had to work. Dang, dang, dang, I missed the wolves.

I am watching now and there is a girl out there with a camera just looking off camera. I am going to sit here until she leaves. She must be watching them.

Thank you for posting this.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

The trick to catching the wolves is to watch first thing in the morning and in the evening. They don't come around when the visitors are wandering around. But as soon as the place is quiet, they pop out and sneak across the camera.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join