It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ride Upon Clouds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
So last night I went out for a smoke at the apartments where I live. I lit up my cig then suddenly felt a strange feeling in my gut. It was electrical or magnetic or like standing in front of a satellite dish. Whatever it was it was an unnatural unwelcome feeling. Then I nearly jumped out of my skin when a huge plume of clouds sort of spewed out above me. Now, the sky was partially overcast with high cloud cover that hadn't appeared to be moving all that fast. These clouds were different. For one they were much brighter with somewhat of a glow to them. And unlike the high clouds that pretty much looked affixed in place in the sky, these clouds simply vanished like they were out of a fog machine. So, like the clouds spewed out over the lip of the roof above the apartments and they were very very low clouds, I don't think I ever saw clouds that low before and before you know it maybe 40 meters out away from the rooftop they simply vanished into thin air. I thought the way that clouds disappeared was when they rained you know. So it was this weird quality to these clouds like I said before that they were glowing.

It was a pretty cool sight nonetheless to see nature so close even though the whole thing smacked of something supernatural. Then I got to thinking about how I saw an Ellen video here on ATS where a scientist used a super frozen ring of some sort to make objects hover in midair like anti-gravity and how icy cold it was with the foggy vapors that spewed off of his workspace like a miniature version of what I saw last night.

I guess maybe what I saw was a strange natural occurrence or if we stretch our imaginations enough you could say there was someone on the apartment roof with a massively huge Halloween fog machine or if you stretch your imagination even further you could say that yes there was a UFO above the apartment building and it was cloaked in a cloud of that icy fog caused by the craft's anti-gravity drive.

Make sense to anyone?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I had a similar experience about 2 years ago on a morning day. It was around 9 o'clock, and it was a very, but very windy day. But what looked to be less than a hundred feet above my apartment block, maybe 20 feet besides it, was a stationary, perpetually regenerating cloud...

It was like you said, like cold fumes running down something invisible, then being pushed about 10 feet further away before dissipating. I can still see the fumes, appearing always at the same place, despite the high winds, in my minds eye. It was a real sight to see.

It felt like there was an invisible craft, and the fumes just got in its exhaust line of ejection...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Interesting experience.. Particularly the feeling you say you had.

I'd consider it quite likely that if there are unidentified craft in our skies, some of them would be capable of "cloud-cloaking" - however there may be a natural explanation for what occurred..

I'm interested to see input from someone with atmospheric/meteorological experience that could explain this, its too bad you didn't get a picture.
edit on 27-2-2014 by EmpathicBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

It was likely a cold air vortice.
It's just a column of cold air like a slow soft tornado.
Cold air is more dense and heavy than warmer air, so, cold air will hold more water vapor, and create clouds closer to ground.

It's kinda why boys put intercoolers in their cars to freeze the air, to make the air mixture in their fuel mix more dense so they can also add more fuel and get more power.

Where you saw the cloud or mist evaporating was the terminator between the cold vortice and warmer air.
As the cold air met with the warmer air, the air expanded, and the water vapor disappeared from view as it too expanded.

As to the glow, it was likely just lights from all the buildings, and surrounding area reflecting and refracting in the fog layer.

edit on 2/27/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Asynchrony

I watched a Red illuminating ufo cloak itself once. It did it right over me under the low hanging cloud cover. The interesting way it cloaked itself was a thin width layer of cloud was moving slowly in wind and as it passed under the ufo where id expect to see the ufo emerge from the cloud I could only see stars in the background sky yet I could still see the ufo which hadn't yet had the cloud pass under it. The whole thing disspeared like this and I could only see the back ground stars, but I knew it was still there cloaked. Ufos in my opinion are always in skys above us but cloaked. Why it chose to show me that, im not sure but I will guess it ...and this is a human quality......showing off!....and yes I was impressed. My dog who is now deceased (God bless his soul) was with me also at the time.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If you could see stars, you witnessed a satellite falling into Earth's shadow.
Redish coloration brought to you by sunlight the satellite was still illuminated by at its high altitude, whereby closer to its own artificial sunset caused by orbital motion, the colors got redder due refraction through the Earth's atmosphere and back out to bounce off the satellite solar panels.
As the sun set and Earth's shadow eclipses the Satellite, it appears to "cloak", or disappear, fading out very quickly.
Not a UFO, unless it's so important to you personally that it just has to be a UFO, then, hey, it's your experience, your dream, you belief.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

It wasn't satellite, I deliberately only told half the story because I know ud be floating around ready to spam me with debunk. I first witnessed the Ufo flying under the cloud cover at about 2 x speed of a airliner at that altitude. Then it slowed down very fast and sat right over me under the cloud. It at no point made any sound, or vented exhausted, or changed its height.
edit on 27-2-2014 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That makes the most sense to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Sorry, but have to correct: cold air can hold less moisture than warm. For example at +15C air can hold up to 13g of water per cubic meter. At 0C only 8g. The reason is in the distance of molecules which varies depending on thermal energy matter can contain. That basically determines the distance between molecules. And because air is mostly gases (also some microparticles like dust, pollution etc not relevant in this case) it has low density the warmer it is thus having more room for water molecules. When air is cooled, it takes much less room as it gets more dense, leaving less room for water to be contained by the same volume of air, say, one cubic meter.

Hope everyone is able to understand. My bendy wire doesn't bend more :-)

EDIT: otherwise you were spot on :-)
edit on 2-3-2014 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join