It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS to "STEAL" almost 1/2 of 10 million dollar gold coin found on couples own land!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'd leave the country. Go to some south American nationt pay them a million or two and use 3 or 4 million to fund an ad campaign attacking the IRS. I would gladly spend over 47% for the safe harbor and ad campaign just to be a dick and show defiance. If they asked for a reasonable amount like 20-30% it wouldn't be such a big deal...

About what was said about the government owning mineral rights on your own land...how is it that corporations get a pass? They buy land to drill for oil or mine minerals and the government doesn't own THAT... Too bad those People were not a Corporation...ya know? I mean, it's too bad there isn't some strange "are we living in the twilight zone?"-type-of-law that says corporations and people are the same thing... oh wait...

edit on 2/28/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

it's like, once the government heard they were planning to give a bunch to charity they were like "Uh no... no no no no... just NO. We can't allow that frivolous waste of money going to help people... that 4.7 million could buy another 1/6 of a Raptor fighter jet or one bunker buster bomb. SIEZE THAT GOLD!"
edit on 2/28/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Actually, no, it isn't and there's not a single case that has won that argument. More important, all the folks who sell books and services on tax protest theory file and pay their taxes which is a damned fine clue as to what they're really up to.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The US government allows large businesses to pay no taxes, and sometimes even receive taxpayer monies, yet when a regular citizen simply finds something on their own property, they have half of it taken away. And who wants to tell me the elite don't run this country? This is just as ridiculous as something I've had experience with recently...If the government wants your land, they will offer to buy it. If you don't sell it to them, they can ensure that you can do nothing with it. How unfair is that?

How is that any different from a despotic country where the government oppresses the people? The US government can and will do these types of things, as they do them everyday. It is just astounding that the government is so hypocritical. They commit crimes that are sometimes so ghastly, yet they turn around and punish other people for even lesser crimes. Every aspect of government, and every single person within the government, needs to be watched by an oversight committee or something.

But every time something of that nature has been tried, the people who are supposed to be ensuring that things run the correct way are ultimately corrupted just like those who they are supposed to watching. I just get sick to my stomach even thinking about how bad things have gotten in America. And then I get mad when I think about all the people who use harsh words when you talk about overthrowing the government. Apparently it doesn't matter to them that our own freaking Constitution commands us to do away with our government officials, and institute new ones, when the former have gotten to the point where they are crapping all over our most basic laws and freedoms.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I wouldn't blame these people, most people don't fully understand just how much of a MAFIA the US Government really is. They might've told their friends and it just became big local news then national news and shortly after the IRS was knocking on their door to extort this couple.

If we aren't slaves, I don't know what the hell we are anymore.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Destinyone

the owlbear
Why go public even anonymously? And say "Hey look at all of this gold we have!"
It just puts a bullseye on you for criminals, government, and panhandlers...they will be easily tracked down.
edit on 27-2-2014 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

Exactly! Mumblings already of California claiming if the coins were from a bank robbery, the State has first rights of claim to them.

All the grubbing hands are grasping at this found treasure.

Des

I'm just trying to wrap my head around "criminals, government, and panhandlers" not being redundant...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Sorry, I was out all day so I didn't get a chance to really go through the responses but from what I did read I think we can all agree that the government, OUR AMERICAN government makes up their own rules, this didn't come under mineral rights, they have a neat little clause that says they (the IRS) is entitled to 47% because it was 'treasure' left by someone else!
It made me think when I was working at Motorola, we were working on the Iridium project and I was really putting in the hours and during this time Motorola was nice enough to figure I put in all those hours and came up with some ideas so they gave me about a $4000 BONUS! I thought "I'm going to take my family to Disneyland and relax!" when I received the check not only did the IRS take half but they found other ways to make sure I only received a check for about $1800! I was the one that worked extra hard for that money, the IRS did nothing to 'earn' more than half!
Years ago, it became illegal in the United States to own gold bars 'ingots' (I think it was anything over 4 oz if it was in a bar form) I forget what brainstorm the government came up with to pass that, anyway I read some treasure hunters that had found buried ingots knew the government would steal it so they came up with an ingenious plan. They took a gold pan (used for panning gold) put a bunch of holes in it and melted the gold along with gold they had 'panned' letting it drop into a stream, apparently it would mix with some of the impurities in the placer gold and would form small nuggets that they then sold legally!
Gotta love a organization that forces people to 'break the "law" to keep what is rightfully theirs!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

wulff
A middle-aged couple that wants to remain anonymous from Northern California was walking on a trail on their land they have owned for years.
Recently the wife looked under a tree and saw a rusty can sticking out of the ground, she pulled it up and it was filled with un-circulated American gold coins in 'mint' condition, they started digging and found many more cans in order of years from 1847 to 1894, they counted up the face value and it came out to slightly under $27,000. They took them to a coin collector and he placed the value at slightly more than 10 million dollars as they were in PERFECT condition! Most was minted in San Francisco but a few were from Georgia.
They decided to loan some out to a large coin show in the south and sell them on Amazon, with the money they planned on giving some to charity and put some away for their retirement!
Well, enter our own ORGANIZED CRIME SYNDICATE the I.R.S., they have other plans, they are going to STEAL 47% of the couples find which is the highest they can charge because of a 1969 law that states if you find 'treasure' the IRS is entitled to STEAL.... I mean charge you 47% of your find!
What the I.R.S. has done here is to basically tell you, if you try to be a good citizen and report it, they will take almost half of it!
Is it any wonder people want to 'keep their mouth shut' if they find something like this?
I don't know about you guys, but I am a patriotic American but the IRS is nothing but a legalized, corrupt criminal organization that steals from the public at will!
I would put up some sources but if you Google it you will find all kinds of information.
Now I think I'm gonna go puke!

why shouldnt they pay up? they didnt make it, or do anything to earn it. they found it. no need to be greedy with something you had no part in making.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Why say you "found" them at all, why not just say they were handed down through the years in a box/safe, no one looked until now etc.

This is one of those stories where being truthful does hurt and I'm proud to say I would have went a totally different way abouit things.

As for Amazon vs Auction, if the coins are worth 10 million, you are more likely to find that buyer in Sothebys/Christies than sitting around on Amazon IMHO.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Crakeur
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Actually, no, it isn't and there's not a single case that has won that argument. More important, all the folks who sell books and services on tax protest theory file and pay their taxes which is a damned fine clue as to what they're really up to.

You're right, there is no way a court will allow that perfectly valid argument to win a case. Not because it's wrong, but because it would collapse the system. It would be like a plantation owner allowing the slaves to keep all the food they grow just because they did the work.

I pay my taxes, too. Not because it isn't extortion, but because it is extortion and these people make good on their threats. But let's examine the argument itself:

Is the money you earn from wages or salary income?

Well, what is income? To me, it would be getting something you didn't have before, as in a net profit. Some examples:

As before, if you give some a four quarters for a dollar, your net profit is zero: no income.

You buy a car for $1000 and sell it for $2000, net profit $1000: income.

You buy a car for $1000, put $1000 in parts into the car, sell for $2000, net profit zero: no income.

Etc., you get the point.

Now the question becomes; did you exchange anything of equal or greater value for the paycheck that your employer gave you?

If so, then there was no profit, ergo, no income and nothing to be taxed.

If not, then whatever you did for your employer had no value at all. Your employer just decided to give you money out of the goodness of their hearts. Much the same way you would give money to a panhandler sitting on the sidewalk. That would be a net profit and a taxable income.

You're an intelligent man, Crakuer. I have the utmost respect for your opinion and I would sincerely appreciate your analysis of any logical flaws in the position I have presented.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

stormson
why shouldnt they pay up? they didnt make it, or do anything to earn it. they found it. no need to be greedy with something you had no part in making.

And what exactly did the IRS do to earn their "cut?" Did they find it? Did they bend over to pick it up? Did they so much as sweep away a handful of dirt?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well I guess trying to be Honest and you get Rapped from the goverment!

Well here

This would be a Plan for all of you ..

Get Some Training as Being a Diver Buy Equipment for Diving Get Some Trusted Friends to go along with you in this

Record some Diving Trips say like 5 or so

Then your ready... for the Big Plan ( Plan Plan ) and Research the History first..

Record the Whole thing !! Reality show Style

make a Trip with your Friends that has Diving Equipment and had the Diving Training ( the Ones that went with you )

Get a rental Boat or one owned go joy Riding into some international Waters Find the Lowest Depth Possible...
take a Quarter of your Treasure. with you on a Boat & Bring some Friend to record it all.. and Place the Coins in a Rusted or look Rusted 19 century Water Sealed Container.. then have it Hidden from View.. from the Camera

Start recording the Trip .... take some breaks pauses while recording

Act like you want to find a good spot for Diving !! Find the Lowest Depth Location to Dive Then..

You and your Friends Suit up for Diving...

All Jump in the waters Have your Friend record it for about 10 20 min Record looking for them around the Boat Stop/pause the recording at one side of the Boat Hand one of the Divers the Container or Chest on the Other side tell them to make a big Splash like coming up to the Surface at your command.. to turn back on recording get over to the other side of where they are show what they have !! the Container pause to help them ! then turn back on recording Show them
Placing it on the Deck !! make it look like your Surprised and excited.. Pry it Open Display The Gold while Recording act like you won a Million and be shocked of the outcome .. as you Just fricken DID!! Dial the Coast Guard Say you found this at Such in Such ! tell them the location where you found it .. and your Scot Free from the IRS well sort of they have to see if there is any proven Past claims...of items lost in that location!! (( Exactly )) Doubt if they can find any ( Best to check where you would want do this in the such n such location and do a claim history with someone doing the Research ))

Hunting for Sunken Treasures: Laws You Need to Know
Laws that Impact Your Ability to Claim a Sunken Treasure
voices.yahoo.com...

Salvage Law and Laws of Find Your best bet for finding sunken treasures that you can keep are in international waters. International waters are free game as far as making claims on treasures. However, you will still need to abide by salvage laws and the law of find. If your sunken treasure is subject to salvage laws then you are not the owner of the treasure. Instead you salvage the treasure and return it to its rightful owner for a salvage fee. This fee can be negotiated with the owner or it can be determined by a court of law. Salvage laws generally apply to sunken treasures that have an owner attached via documents, laws or national heritage. On the other hand, if your sunken treasure has been long since been abandoned by its rightful owner and is found in international waters, then the law of find will most likely be applied. In this case you will be declared the owner of the treasure and you will not have to share it with anyone. This law applies the "finders keepers" rule of thumb.

or maybe

Category
isputed islands
en.wikipedia.org...
isputed_islands

to find it ?

edit on 28-2-2014 by Wolfenz because: some Grammer work and rewritten to make it sound better .. LOL

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

I agree. Never brag to the government that you've found millions of dollars in treasure. Mistake number one! Don't brag. Bad idea.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

This didn't start with Obama, lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

DerekJR321
The IRS should be abolished. They are nothing but the strong arm for the Federal Reserve, and equally as private a corporation. This nation was founded due to the outrageous taxation they were facing. And here we are again.. facing the same thing.

Income Tax
Sales Tax
Property Tax
School Tax
Gas Tax
Cigarette Tax
etc etc etc etc

Where does it end? I don't have a problem with sales tax and the like... but I think INCOME TAX should be removed. The money "I" work for should be mine.

The one tax I will never understand is the estate tax... I find this tax to be such a f******* crime it's not even funny... So the Govt. is going to tax income for a person that was living, but once the person dies and passes money to their family they get taxed again???? So the money is essentially taxed twice to the family... I find this tax to be the biggest load of Sh*t out there... It honestly pisses me off just thinking about this highway robbing by my Govt...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

ForteanOrg
I can't for the live of me understand all your whining and complaining, folks. The lucky couple still ends up with say 5-6 million dollar - not bad at all, I wish I will be so lucky one day.

Greedy bastards.

If it goes to auction of their $10 million dollars they will keep $4 million. Yes, it's a lot ... but they lost $6 million.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

stormson

LMAO! Because I am pretty sure that you're a hired, paid yes men mercenary who could care less about your fellow citizens. I will not even bother personally attacking you, as much as in my heart, it would be worth the risk here on ATS.

With that being said though, have you ever considered the fact that many billion dollar corporations here in the USA do not pay any taxes whatsoever because they paid off law making stooges on both side in congress?

Think about what I just said, I know that is hard to do when all you care about is yourself, as well as the next check with blood on it that arrives for you to be cashed?

However, let's say you were not a paid liar, and in this case it was you who found those coins, what would you do my lost friend?

I would love to hear your answer? Yet considering your lack of integrity, or common sense, when it comes to other peoples lives, I highly doubt I will even get one.

Finally, I am all for capitalism, and if it were me who found those coins, I would be more than happy to hand over 1 million dollars of it in order to support The United States Government.

However, What the enemy within, currently out of #ing control IRS did to these folks here, I myself view as nothing short of criminal.

That is just me though.
~$heopleNation
edit on 28-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
When our grandkids' grandkids find 21st century american coins and notes, i wonder if the state will want to know about the value then? hahahaha They'll let you have it all haha
edit on 1-3-2014 by xxdaniel21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Just goes to show you that the American dream has been hijacked by a bunch of no good, lying, stealing, punk ass thugs! I hope you guys are real proud of yourselves!!! Just be wary though, someday, somehow, your ignorant asses will be deleted from the system. We need you like we need another Obama!!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by wulff

Don't agree with this at all.

'Finders Keepers' comes to mind.

Why should you have to give anyone anything from something of value which you have found?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
The most pathetic part of the whole thing is that very few people who talk about what's "Fair" and the "Rich" ever take the time to ponder the inevitable end result...

Who is "Rich"? The guy with $1M more than you, $100K, $1000, $100, $10...? Maybe it's the guy with a bottle of drinkable water and a ham sandwich.

I'm as turned off by Greed as anyone else, but the kind of thinking we are talking about will never end until there are only two humans left standing and one has something the other doesn't.

It would have helped if our government had the willpower and ethics to spend funds collected only on the uses they were collected for. Sending a dollar to D.C. is like asking your alcoholic uncle to watch a case of fine scotch for you...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join