It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global Warming Will Cause More....Rape

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Haven't most forms of crime been declining in the past couple of decades, even though the earth has been warming up? Plus, the study goes on about how weather affects crime rates, but in the discussion it only mentions how temperature affects crime rate. I can understand crime being higher in sunny weather as more people tend to get drunk, especially in cultures where sunny weather is a novelty (i.e. England), however I'm pretty sure climate change is meant to lead to a greater frequency of storms as well as hot weather.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

kimish
I'm gonna be "that guy" and say that demographic populations are different in those two cities.

Flame away.

edit on 27-2-2014 by kimish because: (no reason given)

I'll be the guy that says demographics have nothing to do with what that 'predicted model' was saying.

It was saying an increase of violent crime gloablly, not regionally..so demographics have nothing to do with that model...only reason stated for the rise in violent crime was a rise in temperature.

Incidentally, the Bahamas is a hot couontry..and has a murder rate of 10.7 per 100,000...so heat isn't a scientific factor, ergo, this science is anything but science, and is blatent fearmongering relying on people's ignorance of facts.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kimish

However, in my neck of the woods crime is always highest during the hotter months.

Of course it is...what's the number one thing almost everyone does in the Summer?

Sleep with their windows open..more attractive to an opportunistic burglar, than a house bolted up tight to keep the cold out in Winter.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
The abstract addresses crime, not specifically rape. Why state it in such a manner? Crime rises during heat waves, this isn't new knowledge. Increasing number of heat waves... more crime. Pretty simple, so simple that I'm not sure a study needed to be done on it. But I suppose it helps prepare areas most likely to suffer.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

kimish
If this rings true then maybe we will see a decline in seasonal depression?

It doesn't mean it will be warmer. In fact - we're having record breaking snow where I am. It means it will be more extreme in eother direction (depending on the season).

I could see electrical grids breaking under extremes. The New York black out in the 70's. if crime didnt increase there during that it wouldn't overall.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I'm loving how because the title has global warming in it that everyone is jumping on and trashing what the report says.

And I thought this site was about denying ignorance, not displaying it in epic proportions

Sigh .

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

So if I write a report that purple people eaters are creating rise in crime rates during their dinner period because people are breaking and entering for a place to hide, the report is worthy of reporting and supporting?

How can you have cause and effect when the cause is a false premise? Again I ask when are the people at ATS going to admit Global Warming is pure unadulterated BS?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

johnb
Oh c,mon it is not the average temperature but the increase in temperature. When there are heat waves people get cranky and violence generally increases during these.

Just search on heatwave and crime - there are hundreds of articles going back years.

This is OLD news and pretty obvious if you stop and think about it.

Guess the rise in temperature explains all the stories of people attacking the snow plow drivers up North too. Maybe the crime rate has more to do with people's attitudes in general. I'm sure a drastic change in weather can exacerbate any situation but, maybe just maybe people need to learn to control themselves. Ya know that little thing called RESPONSIBILITY.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

3u40r15m
Weather does impact crimes and also suicide rates. It has alot to do with moods. And when you look at mood cycles, you look at psychological behavior. BOOM! FACTOLIZED YOU

Meh... i guess it does effect moods. But when it's rainy and miserable outside i, among with others (please God) wouldn't take it upon ourselves to go beat up a granny.

Those who are already in the mindset of a criminal will probably not watch the weather forecast to see when it's best to pounce.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

MarlinGrace
reply to post by markosity1973

So if I write a report that purple people eaters are creating rise in crime rates during their dinner period because people are breaking and entering for a place to hide, the report is worthy of reporting and supporting?

How can you have cause and effect when the cause is a false premise? Again I ask when are the people at ATS going to admit Global Warming is pure unadulterated BS?

Your report would go into the skunkworks or hoax bin immediately because it has no fact to back it up.

I have already provided links with data that prove that during heatwaves, violent crime rises. The police have hard data on this that is difficult to dispute.

Make what you will of the global warming aspect, but the basic premise of extreme heat causing more violent crime is sound.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join