It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery Object Caught Next To Jupiter

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Incredible object caught near Jupiter, which seems to have a core shape like the number "8." The four frames (gif) indicates it has a flight path, this rules out lens flare in my opinion. Whatever this object is, its huge in scale, and its heading our way, so further sightings of this mysterious object should be forthcoming.

www.ufocasebook.com...

sorry if this has been posted, what thinketh thou?

btw I'm sure it's not aliens but thought I'd post it in this forum to rustle Jimmies

edit on 27-2-2014 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

όλα τα νούμερα στο ηλιακό μας σύστημα είναι μαζεμένα.
surprising!

edit on 27-2-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This story is sourced from ADGUK which is a known hoax advertiser. I'll do some investigations to see if ADGUK is actually creating these hoaxes or just advertising them.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Looks like the creature from Star Trek- The Farside Encounter I think!
But possibly a gas cloud????

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Okay, so, first, the "data" reported in the video:

Nikon D7000
105 mm Focal length
5 Seconds exposure
F-Stop 6.3
ISO 2500

Taking picture of Jupiter at 105mm? If so, that image is seriously cropped, and seriously enlarged, like 100x which will indeed exaggerate camera artifacts.

Additionally ISO 2500?
I'm unfamiliar with how decent the noise reduction is on the D7000 for extremely light sensitive ISO settings that historically are prone to all sorts of noise, but, ISO 2500 if anything like my own bit of kit that only goes up to ISO 1600, noise and bits like this figure 8 thing are expected, especially if you're enlarging an image like 100x or more.

What is it?
Me thinketh it be nothing.

It's not like the spooky music in the video or the annoying constant prompt to subscribe and follow on facebook give it any kind of credibility either.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a series of pics made into a video with leading captions. i could say, could be anything. i could say, another fake.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Don't mean to derail this topic, but I can't help but comment at how it seems that almost every topic I see like this posted here on ATS always mentions that it's "heading our way!" Never have I heard any mentioned that were heading away, or traveling parallel, or in a geosynchronous orbit - it's usually presented as though it were on a direct intercept course.

And I do find it incredulous that all of these objects appear to be captured by chance by a single unverifiable source, despite the who-knows-how-many thousands of amateur and professional astronomers looking at the same night sky at any given moment.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

_BoneZ_

This story is sourced from ADGUK which is a known hoax advertiser. I'll do some investigations to see if ADGUK is actually creating these hoaxes or just advertising them.

Either way, snake oil boy knows exactly the product he's pushing

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I think this is a fuel outgassing from a recent NASA rocket or missile launch, it's documented somewhere, I just don't have the time to go back and look.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

Okay, so, first, the "data" reported in the video:

Nikon D7000
105 mm Focal length
5 Seconds exposure
F-Stop 6.3
ISO 2500

Taking picture of Jupiter at 105mm? If so, that image is seriously cropped, and seriously enlarged, like 100x which will indeed exaggerate camera artifacts.

Additionally ISO 2500?

Actually you are way off there with your comments here have a look Jupiter at 20mm focal length.

Moon just about to rise the fat looking star above it is actually Jupiter and a couple of stars from Orion on the right Betelgeuse & Bellatrix.

Taken from my post on here Members Astrophotography were you can see other members pictures of the night sky.

f3.5 10 secs at 20mm focal length and iso 1600 Sony SLT A37 so the image of Jupiter from the Nikon 105mm would be just over 5 times the size so doesn't need a large crop like you claim.

Nikon cameras perform a lot better now than ever most of the recent ones use SONY sensors.

If you want to see how it performs go to D7000 hi iso tests

It's just as likely to be an internal reflection what caught my attention if you watch the video again is the image of Jupiter seems to be inverted part of the way through (look at the bright moon on the image it changes sides!!!) that has been done to make it look like the object moved .

wmd

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
An extraterrestrial lifeform!

Looking forward to the debunk.. has anyone asked NASA yet? =D

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Well as far as I can find everything about this video comes back to ADG, so I am going with this is another ADG hoax.

And since we all know the quality videos Mr. Hannard likes to supply this just falls right in line with his other works of art.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by gardener

Looking forward to the debunk.. has anyone asked NASA yet? =D

No need for that as you must not know much about ADG and their videos.

Here are a couple of good ones for you...

So do you really think someone needs to talk to NASA about this?

And BTW ADG is also Stephen Hannard, ADG(UK), ADG news and whatever other name he uses to create youtube channels once he gets bounced from there which has happened before.

Not a good source for information.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Yes this is almost certainly an internal reflection of the image of Jupiter. If you could examine the original frames you would see that the "UFO" and Jupiter are exactly mirrored about the centre of the frame (i.e. the lens axis). This is a common effect when taking a photo of a bright point source of light. The "figure 8" effect comes from two slightly overlapping images caused by reflections of different lens elements (or perhaps the front and back of the glass). You can even see that the "UFO" is "smeared out" along a circular path whose centre is exactly midway between it and Jupiter.

See my rather rough-and-ready illustration below...

Here's a typical example. Note the image of the sun is mirrored across the centre axis of the lens.

edit on 28-2-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-2-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

The first video of urs, is from a chinese show, ive seen it... And they promote their gods SIN chin jedi yahbeh (paradox is similar to the massons and all cults arround the world)... Check the timing in the "cctv camera" when the jumb is happening... 3/33

here is another one, with the same "angel" lol

There is more from this "angel" time traveler, to find on youtube. Beyond that, they also released numerous videos from ghost attacks, etc.. all of them are cctv and 3/33 . They promoting their gods.

Here is an example.. Previusly, we had a "for them" light entity saving a man at 3/33, in the video bellow, we have a dark entity, vanishing at 3/33 because this is the number of their god. So its devined number for them.

edit on 28-2-2014 by Ploutonas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Plotonas

I'd like to know more about this god. I Google it and Google doesn't seem to know what SIN chin jedi yahbeh is...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I bet that this is that model rocket I launched the other day. It just went up and up and up, and never came back down. Seriously though, I would bet that this is nothing to get excited about. It is likely a hoax imo. If the data regarding its whereabouts is known, then others should be able to independently corroborate this. If not, then we probably have our answer. But I suppose there is a small possibility, and I mean very small, that this is some alien spaceship or something like that. I just don't think it is very likely.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

It doesn't need any further explanation. It is quite patently obvious that it's a lens reflection of the image of Jupiter. I can't believe anyone is even wasting time with it.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I used to watch youtube videos of these things all the time. I used to think "how is this not being talked about?" I then bought myself a 4" reflector telescope. I looked through this night after night after night. What did I see? Planets. Nebulae. Clusters. Galaxies. I've recently upsized to a a full GoTo 8" reflector. Have I seen anything out of the ordinary? No.

Let me get this straight, I'm not saying ET's are not out there. Personally, I believe they are. A huge part of me also believes that various governments across our planet are obscuring the truth from us. Have I, a man who spends many, many hours outside at night, looking upwards; with a DSLR attached; with a webcam attached; with my eye glued to a 10mm eyepiece - seen anything I can't explain? No. Am I a little bit gutted about this? Yes.

I've looked at Jupiter a lot in the last few weeks and I can tell you that, other than a few moons hanging around, causing trouble, there is nothing out of this world up there.

I beg anyone who watches these videos to spend a little cash and buy a scope. Even a small one will give you some cracking views. Enjoy what you see up there and consider our place in the cosmos (Sorry if I sound a little Carl Sagan there). You will see some amazing things. What you will not see are things 'heading straight for us.' If you see the mothership, please give me a call, but in all honesty you will most likely just see stars, planets and faint fuzzies.

I live in hope that one day a respected amateur will catch more, but I doubt it.

I know I'm a contradiction - saying I believe in ET's but don't believe in a lot of youtube vids - but that's a different story, bringing up interstellar travel, time travel and interdimensional travel - all of which it is far too late for, for me.

Have a great night,

Cado.
edit on 28-2-2014 by cado angelus because: style

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Near Jupiter you say?

Kinda of reminds me of these...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join