It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clueless TSA agent had no idea where Washington DC was

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

So the "I was only following orders er, rules" excuse is acceptable in restricting the free travel of US citizens within our borders? It's stuff like this that make TSA lower than they already are (if that's even possible.)

Transportation Security Administration officer in Phoenix took a look at her driver’s license — marked “District of Columbia” — and threatened not to take it

To me this is totally unacceptable behavior and another reason to compare the TSA with the gestapo.
    "Your papers are not in order!

edit on 158pm5252pm82014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Bone75

Don't feel bad when my husband retired from the Marines he decided to work for the DOD in the same base his last duty station was, it took one year for him to get a background check that spanned 10 years, for God sake he was in the Marines for 23 years what is there to investigate, right?

Sometimes you have to wonder.

Still some jobs are who you know and you get the job, a friend of a friend of a friend, it happens, back in the 90s here in my neck of the woods before my husband retired it was a big clean up in the base where he was station due to most civilians holding jobs that they didn't qualified for just because they have ties. It happens.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by dragonridr

So the "I was only following orders er, rules" excuse is acceptable in restricting the free travel of US citizens within our borders? It's stuff like this that make TSA lower than they already are (if that's even possible.)

Transportation Security Administration officer in Phoenix took a look at her driver’s license — marked “District of Columbia” — and threatened not to take it

To me this is totally unacceptable behavior and another reason to compare the TSA with the gestapo.
    "Your papers are not in order!

edit on 158pm5252pm82014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

Oh dont be a drama queen no ones freedom of travel was stopped like you make it sound. Guy calls over supervisor and goes hey boss this isnt on our list. Boss looks oh this is the new DC license we talked about it in meetings yeah its fine have to remember to get that list updated. Makes the guy look like a jerk when he goes back and tells the person and the story starts. Happens in retail all the time when managers tell customers things. If you dont like the TSA simply dont fly or get your airport to handle there own security that options open to every airport in the country. Problem is cheaper to let the government do it. The hatred for the TSA is making a non story into a story. Look im not a fan of the TSA especially since im a frequent flyer but these people try to keep the airport safe. And with the times we're in now where people hijack planes im glad they are there because frankly before the TSA security at most airports was a joke. I really liked the idea of sky marshals as well ive spotted a couple on flights i was on also noticed tends to be on flights with middle easterners on board no coincidence im sure.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Most of these agents are NOT QUALIFIED for these jobs. Which is a shame, because it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do what they do. And when you start hiring people like this, bad things start to happen. Just look at the TSA's reputation already, and everything that has happened. I am so fed up with the US government that I definitely believe a huge change is needed. That the government would allow the TSA to even exist in such a fashion proves that the government is incompetent.

All of these freedoms and rights we supposedly have are taken away, and yet the TSA has not stopped any terrorists. I would much rather deal with the terrorists than with the TSA. Just another waste of money, and another instance of the police state that was ramped up during the Bush administration.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join