It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clueless TSA agent had no idea where Washington DC was

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Once more in the "Too stupid to be believed category" the TSA again raises the bar on outright stupidity with their policy of hiring uneducated oafs (or in this case, oafettes.) It's apparent now that the TSA hiring questionnaire does not contain a check-box for rudimentary geography. After all why would TSA goons need to know where anything is on a map?

Clueless TSA agent had no idea where Washington, DC was

A geographically-challenged airport security agent nearly turned away a woman with a valid Washington, DC identification card — because she (the TSA agent) had no clue where the District was, or that it’s just as legit as a state.

Ashley Brandt was traveling back from the Grand Canyon with her boyfriend a couple weeks ago, when a Transportation Security Administration officer in Phoenix took a look at her driver’s license — marked “District of Columbia” — and threatened not to take it, The Washington Post reported.

“I don’t know if we can accept these. Do you have a US passport?” the agent said, according to Brandt. A supervisor eventually OK’d her license but it was obvious the lame-brained agent needs a lesson in US geography, Brandt said.

I can only think of a couple of reasons the TSA agent didn't have any idea about what or where Washington DC was. One, the US school system has deteriorated much farther than I thought or two, the TSA agent was not an American citizen. Considering the state this occurred in I'm leaning toward the latter.

Oh yes, on a side note this is the same group that thinks they should have armed guards/agents at every checkpoint. No thanks. TSA union calls for armed guards at every checkpoint

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wrong thread.

edit on 27-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Bassago
Oh yes, on a side note this is the same group that thinks they should have armed guards/agents at every checkpoint. No thanks. TSA union calls for armed guards at every checkpoint

So a lack of geography knowledge means having an armed police officer or private security watching over the checkpoint is dangerous or stupid? How exactly does that work?

No one has called for TSA agents to be armed. They want to put the LEOs back at the checkpoints like it used to be.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

One, the US school system has deteriorated much farther than I thought or two, the TSA agent was not an American citizen

Or...

3. Despite going to school, and being a naturally born citizen, the Agent was just a Dumb Ass to begin with...a trait the organization seems to depend on.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Not surprised. People are literally working one day at McDonalds and the next day for the TSA.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
WTF!!! - I can't believe she did not know where the world troll headquarters was located - amazing shizza.

"Hey, I just caught a terrorist"...........said no TSA agent ever.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

*ahem*

Dear TSA,

If you are to be a guardian of our safety and security, I require a few things from you. The first is confidence. I need to feel confident that you are able to perform in your duties to prevent random acts of terror from being acted out within our airports and airplanes.
I also need to feel that you are serious about your job and realize the limitations that the Constitution provides. Simply because I choose to fly, does not mean that I readily cede all authority to my privacy. I will allow you to perform your job to insure that I am not a terrorist, that I am not enabling terrorism, but I refuse to cede total authority to you.
At this point, I am allowing you to perform your job within the parameters set forth. If you decide to breach these parameters, then I will use all my Constitutional Rights to make sure that you can no longer violate ours.
Read this as a written warning, TSA. Shape up, do your job, do not violate my rights, and I will make sure that you will still have the right to protect us.
You work for us. Don't you ever forget that.

Kindest regards,

beezzer j freemley esq.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Not trying to defend the TSA, but my understanding was the DC license was relatively new. Previously, DC residents got Maryland licensees. The agent didn't recognize the license. It might be a failure of training rather than stupidity.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

So a lack of geography knowledge means having an armed police officer or private security watching over the checkpoint is dangerous or stupid? How exactly does that work?

No one has called for TSA agents to be armed. They want to put the LEOs back at the checkpoints like it used to be.

Lack of education is an indicator that those TSA agents should be working in fast food restaurants.

OK TSA doesn't want armed guards at every check points because DHS doesn't want to arm their minions. Sure, call LEO back and if that doesn't work...? VIPR teams are already armed just use them.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Oh, so only really intelligent people with degrees should be working this job. Tell me how that works out for you when the checkpoints are empty, and no one can fly, because you can't find anyone willing to do the job.

I'm always amazed at how when I worked at the airport we had one armed LEO for each checkpoint and no one blinked. But now that the TSA wants to have armed LEOs at the checkpoints again, doing the exact same job, it's a sign of how evil they are.
edit on 2/27/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Oh, so only really intelligent people with degrees should be working this job. Tell me how that works out for you when the checkpoints are empty because you can't find anyone willing to do the job.

No, there shouldn't be any Nazi-like checkpoints in the first place. I spent five decades flying internationally before these thugs took over the airports. Sure there may have been a LEO or two around and some unarmed security but we don't need machine guns and armed burger flippers in our airports.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So you'd rather go back to the incidents of hijackings to Cuba, and other locations, and people taking guns and bombs on the planes. Got it.

Me, I'll stick with checkpoints and rules for flying thank you. If you don't like them, don't buy a ticket, and don't fly.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is extremely sad but I have come to expect it from many Americans. I have to wonder if the person has the will or ability to learn what is require for their job.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Are you fricckin' kidding me?
I would surly hope that it was not a natural born citizen, and if it was, How in the hell did they pass their citizenship test?

Furthermore, How in the hell did they get the job??? If that were the case???

There are way more apt people who can do the job, and have the correct geographic knowledge.

I once questioned an ID from Mexico, but was issued from the state. One of the United States. Looks like an underage ID, I might add.

The Insanity just kills me anymore...REALLY......Is this what we are reduced to???

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Pretty much though I see no issue with arming pilots or having US Marshal's on flights. I'd rather be free as we once were than put up with all that "Paper's please!" gestapo garbage. But that's just me. The odds are I'll be hit by lightning or drown in the tub before a terrorist kills me (not counting militarized LEO's or FBI assassination in those odds.)

As far as flying I quit buying tickets over 10 years ago. The TSA can go grope someone else.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

My dear Zaphod58, while you are trying to make the maker of the thread a littler bit, let say discriminating, I have to say that reading the Op I laugh my hart out.

Really? how educated you have to be to hold a position of security in an airport where people are required to show evidence of citizenship by the so call "TSA agents", doesn't sound to you stupid that somebody lack common knowledge of the country they are working in, doesn't most jobs required at least high school education?.

I will have to side with the statement that the person working as a TSA that didn't where the DC was, while perhaps a citizen obviously lacks either education or their education was obtained in another country.

How can you don't know where our US capital is located? even to obtain a citizenship that is required to have basic knowledge of the US and as usual is some exceptions to that rule when it comes to elderly immigrants, still I expect more from a security agent at the airport.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Armed pilots can lead to more of this, or this, only much easier.

The problem with air marshals is finding enough of them to cover enough flights. With the number of flights in the US daily alone, that would require a massive program.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Bassago

Hey there, I think you missed the bus! They are calling for armed TSA agents. They want a new class of TSA agent armed with a LEO role. They would still be TSA, sorry. Here is yet another link, just read more carefully. www.politico.com...
If you can provide a link, or proof that says otherwise, I'd be happy to read it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Thanks for the post, I really don't like TSA and since the agency was enacted I have stop traveling by air, but darn learning that the so call agents are lacking that much when it comes to education and our nation, in an area that obviously that knowledge is a plus makes me scratch my head until it bleeds.

unbelievable.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Geographically Challenged?Lol!If the lost and confused ever figure out where they are,their coming for you buddy!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join