It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2014 Tarot Drawing... only time will tell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Above is a drawing/painting that I've been kinda working on... it's not complete because the year's events will determine the final product.

Card number two; The High Priestess
Instead of the Torah being held in her arms... she is holding a laptop through which she gains enlightenment and wisdom while
maintaining connection with the people of the world. One pillar has a right side up triangle, the other with a similar triangle flipped vertically representing the two geometries that make up the Solomon's Seal. The original tarot depiction of the pillars are supposedly the pillars that stood outside of Solomon's temple.

Card number 0; The Fool
Archaic of sorts, raggedy clothing like that of a mad man. Instead of being a beggar with a staff, I have depicted him with a shepards staff with a golden handle as to represent the worlds current leadership and the seemingly righteous grip those in power have over the mass'. The dog laying down is covering his eyes expressing embarrassment and/or reluctance towards baring witness to the actions of the fool, for he represents man's connection to the animal kingdom that we've distanced ourselves from. The fool is also grabbing the chalice off of the magicians table which represents the cups or today's suit of hearts in playing cards. This is to represent that the fool is not with out heart and loosely representing the concept of the "blood of Christ" in a sense.

Card number 1; The Magician
With the table in front of him that is covered with representations of the minor arcana, being the Cups(Chalice), Coins, Swords, with the baton or "wand" in his hand. The Magician is a creative force, with all the tools necessary to maintain authority while possessing slight of hand. The hat is to represent infinity, which expresses the continuance of developing thought and change with regards to philosophy and order. The wand in his right hand is held to the sky to represent "as is above" referring to the heavens and gods dogmatic presence. This is further illustrated by the circle that is to represent the Sun, through which all is created. In addition, the bottom of the wand is a square(architectural) like base that is to further illustrate rule, law, justice, and formal structure. The left hand of the Magician is held below his waist and grasping the wrist of the Emperor, representing "So is below" and the official seat of governance here on Earth. The Magician tries to stay out of the focus of the masses, while strongly influencing the decision made by the leader who sits in the seat of power.

Card number 4; The Emperor
I have left the Emperor furthest from completion as we are yet to observe relatively any extent of power through exercise of his authority and command. The 5 pointed hat is to represent control, command, ego and leadership. Already corrupted, due to the relationship with The Magician, material gain becomes increasingly important as he begins to accept that he does not possess total control while still acknowledging the power of his position through authority. It is because of these relationships that conflict and/or are at odds with the virtues of his position, that the masses are kept from fulfilling their destiny.

Well.. that's the basis of it... there's a lot more, but yeah... you can make those interpretations.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
To me a wand is a wand and an upright phallus complete with scrotal attire is a phallus. No matter the accompanying rhetoric, and try as I might, I see no wand in this depiction.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

aboutface
To me a wand is a wand and an upright phallus complete with scrotal attire is a phallus. No matter the accompanying rhetoric, and try as I might, I see no wand in this depiction.

The original of this image is much larger than the digital copy that I posted, so it may be difficult to notice the details that make it clear that The Magician is in fact holding a wand. Not to suggest that I don't recognize the phallic similarities, but for that to be something you found worthy of mentioning.... is unfortunate.

but hey, maybe it makes sense...

www.tarot-cards-meanings-guide.com...
above is a link to the particular image I was going off of

"They would respect the cock whether or not they believed in it
Doesn't take much and that's messed up
Because these people do a lot of simple **** to impress us"
~Atmosphere "Trying To Find A Balance"

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

retirednature

Above is a drawing/painting that I've been kinda working on... it's not complete because the year's events will determine the final product.

Card number two; The High Priestess
Instead of the Torah being held in her arms... she is holding a laptop through which she gains enlightenment and wisdom while
maintaining connection with the people of the world. One pillar has a right side up triangle, the other with a similar triangle flipped vertically representing the two geometries that make up the Solomon's Seal. The original tarot depiction of the pillars are supposedly the pillars that stood outside of Solomon's temple.

Card number 0; The Fool
Archaic of sorts, raggedy clothing like that of a mad man. Instead of being a beggar with a staff, I have depicted him with a shepards staff with a golden handle as to represent the worlds current leadership and the seemingly righteous grip those in power have over the mass'. The dog laying down is covering his eyes expressing embarrassment and/or reluctance towards baring witness to the actions of the fool, for he represents man's connection to the animal kingdom that we've distanced ourselves from. The fool is also grabbing the chalice off of the magicians table which represents the cups or today's suit of hearts in playing cards. This is to represent that the fool is not with out heart and loosely representing the concept of the "blood of Christ" in a sense.

Card number 1; The Magician
With the table in front of him that is covered with representations of the minor arcana, being the Cups(Chalice), Coins, Swords, with the baton or "wand" in his hand. The Magician is a creative force, with all the tools necessary to maintain authority while possessing slight of hand. The hat is to represent infinity, which expresses the continuance of developing thought and change with regards to philosophy and order. The wand in his right hand is held to the sky to represent "as is above" referring to the heavens and gods dogmatic presence. This is further illustrated by the circle that is to represent the Sun, through which all is created. In addition, the bottom of the wand is a square(architectural) like base that is to further illustrate rule, law, justice, and formal structure. The left hand of the Magician is held below his waist and grasping the wrist of the Emperor, representing "So is below" and the official seat of governance here on Earth. The Magician tries to stay out of the focus of the masses, while strongly influencing the decision made by the leader who sits in the seat of power.

Card number 4; The Emperor
I have left the Emperor furthest from completion as we are yet to observe relatively any extent of power through exercise of his authority and command. The 5 pointed hat is to represent control, command, ego and leadership. Already corrupted, due to the relationship with The Magician, material gain becomes increasingly important as he begins to accept that he does not possess total control while still acknowledging the power of his position through authority. It is because of these relationships that conflict and/or are at odds with the virtues of his position, that the masses are kept from fulfilling their destiny.

Well.. that's the basis of it... there's a lot more, but yeah... you can make those interpretations.

WOW~!

had to give you a star and flag for this.. I totally see what's going on...excellent interpretation IMO.

Already corrupted, due to the relationship with The Magician, material gain becomes increasingly important as he begins to accept that he does not possess total control while still acknowledging the power of his position through authority. It is because of these relationships that conflict and/or are at odds with the virtues of his position, that the masses are kept from fulfilling their destiny.

Who ever this magician is, he's deceiving the Emperor, by telling him he's the divine connection, when in fact he's a impostor; My question(s) is...who should be the one in place of the Magician? Has the Emperor been shoved aside by the Magician? If so, who should hold the hand the The Emperor ?

ETA: Sorry posted way to quick...

First thoughts, i'm going off of your interpretations,

The Fool, dancing and frolicking in front of the masses, 'eating, drinking and being merry" in front of all that is dignified, all the while holding the challis (perhaps mocking all that is spiritual) and enjoying the materialism which always deludes our true vision of the spiritual matters.

We know this is going on in higher echelons of corporations and governments of the world; however, this is nothing new, but, in the last few years, due to the bailouts and no one taking the blame NOR is there any true investigation of white collar criminals either with any real punishment.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Very very very awesome. I can't wait until it's done.

If this thread fizzles out and is forgotten before you finish, please PM me when it's finished. I would love to see it when it's done. Also, I may end up begging you to let me throw it up on one of my sites, too.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thanks for the response!

Who ever this magician is, he's deceiving the Emperor, by telling him he's the divine connection, when in fact he's a impostor; My question(s) is...who should be the one in place of the Magician? Has the Emperor been shoved aside by the Magician? If so, who should hold the hand the The Emperor ?

As previously stated, the hat worn by The Magician is symbolic of time and possibility. While having the cups, coins, sword and wand at his disposal... he is to be recognized for having the ability to manipulate or engineer just about any circumstance or events deemed necessary to achieve success.

The intended social commentary interpretation in this case revolves around like you said "We know this is going on in higher echelons of corporations and governments of the world; however, this is nothing new" The Magician represents not only Corporations and their relationship with government, but includes what some currently refer to as the "military industrial complex" represented by the sword. Also, The Magician encompasses banking, or just monetary systems as a whole which is represented by the coins. The 'cup' or 'suit of cups' illustrated as the chalice is to represent emotion and the fluidity of relationships, communication, with a sense of introversion as The Magician seeks it with in himself to creatively manage affairs.

Please don't get it mistaken, The Magician utilizes "slight of hand" in all endeavors... at the same time, it's not necessary for him to make any false claims regarding a divine connection. More or less, his reputation precedes him for what he has been afforded speaks volumes towards his perceived abilities and potential of success. It's the ego that sets The Magician apart from the others as he displays a strong sense of confidence, supported by utilizing the potential of others, with a strong emphasis on tact and risk assessment.

That's it for now, I will complete this response at a later time. Till then

top topics

join