It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbows Lounge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Cody's request? Cody's request?
Ahhhh! No, I don't remember.

I have notes everywhere, tabs open, lists of info about various characters...trying to get everyone's stuff into the story...(can you remind me?)

Night Star, you're so talented! Everything is so pretty! I'm thinking....once the book is published, we get a website "The Shed", and from there everyone can sell all their art, refurbished beasts, jewelry, etc....? (Yes, I am getting ahead of myself...I'm a Sagittarius, it's what we do....)

jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

cody wanted Night to U2U him because he wanted her to make him a piece of jewellery for Mrs C.....remember????
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Jane...oh that's so sweet!
I think we should all collaborate on a website for The Shed (like I said above, lol). So everyone can share/sell their creative ventures. We need someone who knows tekkie stuff!
I think that Cody ordering a piece of jewelry from Night Star...for his wife...is lovely! And inspiring.

jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Jacy, It would be great and I know the site itself would do well and make money for whoever owns the site however, I find that with anything like e-bay or etsy, there are literally thousands of pages and that's a lot of competition! LOL Some peole get lucky though. I know myself, if I'm shopping online, I'll get to just so many pages and I have had it. If your item is shown after that, I won't see it.

There are so any ways that one can sell their items. I always chose consignment shops, not second hand ones, the quaint little country artsy shops. For one thing, I didn't have to sit around all day somewhere trying to sell the items, I didn't have sit around at home constantly checking a site to see if my item sold, and it was worth giving the shop owner a percentage. I bring the items, she sells the stuff, I get a check. LOL But prepared if they start asking for half a dozen of these and a dozen of those...it becomes like a real job after a while and you lose your creative streak and become a slave to it. LOL I like to be freeeee. But I havn't sold anything in years and there are two or three shops that expressed an interest when I wasn't even asking to sell so...maybe.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Sadly I do know that it's not so simple....but part of me would love to have us collaborate on a venture...especially those of us stuck at home with injuries/illness....and hopefully make money? Everyone has a talent or a hobby....or something.
I do tend to be a dreamer....I like to dream big and believe that big things can happen.

I think it's wonderful that people want to buy your creations. There is nothing like having a hand-made one-only item from a truly talented artist.

jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The bad thing about selling jewelry is that it is so highly competitive, jewelry makers are a dime a dozen, everywhere you look, there are people selling jewelry. One thing I found is that what they hardly have any of is....yep, seaglass jewelry. So that might be my key. I also like to make whimsical designs with fairies. I did buy some metal dragons from China which I won't do again as they tarnish and I try to buy from the USA, but even then, most things are made in china or japan or wherever. I bought some gold metalic spray paint and come spring when I can work outside, I will spray the dragons all down really nice. You have to be careful also with the wire you use. I try to get non-tarnish silver and gold colored or sterling silver or gold plated. I have items last for many years doing that. Same with chains. I had to waste money learning these things.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

jacygirl

Sadly I do know that it's not so simple....but part of me would love to have us collaborate on a venture...especially those of us stuck at home with injuries/illness....and hopefully make money? Everyone has a talent or a hobby....or something.
I do tend to be a dreamer....I like to dream big and believe that big things can happen.

I think it's wonderful that people want to buy your creations. There is nothing like having a hand-made one-only item from a truly talented artist.

jacy

You are so sweet. I say go for it. Do something you will love. Being on disibility, I know we are allowed to earn so much and that's it. I don't know the exact amount, but I don't expect to make much anyway. LOL It will be fun and interesting I'm sure. Keep those dreams alive sister!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Well it looks like we will just have to publish this book, get known, and then people will want to participate in the fun!
The Shed online will be full of people who have various creations...can't you see people wanting to purchase jewelry from the famous 'Night Star'? I can.

jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

Am I sniffing a plan here jacy?
....I like it!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Don't forget we have to share 50% of the profits with the mods. We might not get stinking rich early on but hey, it's better than not being world famous published authors.

I think we should consider a golden deal with either Kindle or Apple. They will put it in the free library so all ATSers can get a copy for ten days if they are skint or pay a small fee to keep it forever.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
OK.....here you go....
Bureaubeastie before.....

Bureaubeastie now......

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here is a trailer to a film that I worked on as DP...we are looking for funding to make the feature full movie.

I'm enjoying seeing all the wonderful creativity by those on this thread.

bloodandspurs.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Wow great job!

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Great job on your project as well Jane. I can see a lot of work and thought went into that!!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Fantastic choice of colours, it really bursts life and playfulness! The pieces on top are a perfect fit too, I think I need you to do me some house re-decorating.

I've flopsied on my new painting idea and would really like to pull of great crystally blue and delicate white snow drifts, then an aurora in the sky in greens to compliment the blues in the snow. I'm very timid about how to get the black of the night, yet give the aurora a delicate glow to it without it seeming clumsy. I'm also thinking of a central focal point, which I have no idea...
A boy with red baloon type thing... Maybe a fridge with a floating shopping basket hanging of it!? Whoa... where did that come from, tonights fish may have been tainted or something.

So, to settle on a idea, my creative exploint's turned into... Plodding away on a keyboard :-/

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

That was pretty cool! Lot's of time with set design and costumes on show, it was fantastic except the guy wearing the digital wristwatch at 1:08. But an otherwise great hark back to when westerns were cool!
What does a DP stand for?

Also, I joke about the watch

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i've always been able to jump into any kind of visual arts at an exceptional pace, but at the same time, i've always been intimidated of painting.

i had to do a painting once for a college class, it's the only painting i have.
just black and white acrylic. taught myself during the experience and it was one of the most enjoyable productions i've ever done.

i don't think it's very good, but I have potential, and it was a lot of fun. I just can't seem to bring myself back to the easel. I'm cursed with melancholy.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Jarring

Yeah, I get that and struggle relentlessly with finding a reason to bother to create when gloom drowns me. But your enjoyed the experience, so do it just for yourself (and post it here for us!)
). But seriously, once I get over the first hump of deciding on the first bit of colour it pulls me in and then hours have passed. So bring it closer and embrace it. If the work above is what you've done it looks incredible!

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

yeah, it's my only painting, thanks.
i've fooled around with paints before, but never practiced or created a piece seriously.

my dad paints...mostly photorealism with oils, sometimes watercolor. i suppose growing up with that over my head always kind of intimidated me.

also, whenever i jumped into it before, i always got let down because my painting skills wouldn't even come close to a comparison of my drawings.

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
my current work in progress..
need to finish this...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join