It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbows Lounge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Once was a maiden light of heart,
In castle small but fey.
The set-up was a work of art;
Fresh air to start the day.

A tree did span the width of home;
Her secret forest den.
A bench on roof, a blissful zone,
From bed a view of Zen.

But as they do the Ogres hit
And chopped her jungle down.
She fought with sticks and gathered bricks
And turned her luck around.

You can still see a part of the tree near the curtain in the pic. It used to span the entire view and blocked prying eyes. It really was like living in a magical forest.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jacygirl

What will you be wearing to ComicCon? I'm thinking I might wear a knee length woolen dress and black boots.

There are schemes where you can pack up a manuscript and send it to Amazon, Apple ect and have the book put in the free library or sell it at a reasonable cost.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Geez Tsu, did you write that? It's beautiful.
I think you should recite it at the party tonight, in the story? (I can write you in, reciting it during the ogre discussion?)

Is that a picture of where you live? The tree was really there?
"Wot's real?"...haha...I know, quit being flaky, jaky.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Tsu322

What will you be wearing to ComicCon? I'm thinking I might wear a knee length woolen dress and black boots.

There are schemes where you can pack up a manuscript and send it to Amazon, Apple ect and have the book put in the free library or sell it at a reasonable cost.

If you're going to ComicCon, you should be dressed up like a super-hero! (lol)
Do you know of any super-hero sisters?

You know...I'm basically just reading the entire story from start to finish...including each chapter written by another character...and omitting the chit-chat in between. It IS cool. Maybe with an initial "introduction to the characters", someone could follow along and enjoy. I mean, 'Fantasy' is a large section of literature, right?
Feeling positive vibes.

jaky

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

He he of course the tree was real, I don't have a pic of it in full bloom but I have a pic of it in the February at the house viewing. By summer it had covered the entire mossy area and much taller. I was like a pig in poo. I used to live there, I have views down a valley now and across the English Channel to Portishead so I can't complain.

I could recite it at the party tonight, what time is it starting?

As for knowing of any Super hero sisters? US!

Positive vibes here too!

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I hope this is Lounge worthy! First music video I worked on.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Of course it's lounge worthy, it's absolutely brilliant! You are very talented bunch indeed. What was your part in the video?

This is exactly the sort of thing I was looking for.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Good morning all, cuppa in hand! Loved that poem, but I'm a bit lost... Are you guys writing a book together???

Oh... Ok... I'm going to have to put something in here. I can technically justify it by saying (in honesty) that this is the most inspiring thing to watch a group of kids absolutly nail this song. It's a little heavyish, but the lead singer is a dead ringer of the girl Arya from Game of Thrones, so yeah.. Stick with it, because I just can't imagin the amount of dedication and hours these children have put in to learning their instruments.

Also, it's so much better than any pop nonsense and heartening to see kids really getting into it. (Also, it takes a while to get to the singing, but stick with them!)..

Also... I've showed this to all the people I know (very small circle of people) and they are all blown away! (youngest kid is 8, oldest 17, singer is 11 - These should be what american idol should be about!)

It made me wish I had of dedicated myself to my instruments when I was a whipper snapper!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but just wanted to with you a happy St David's day Tsu

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Hey jacygirl, I really struggled with the acrylics being so gooey and drying too fast to allow soft clouds. What I have learnt though is to keep a water-spray bottle and spray a fine mist before I start, and put a little more water spray on as it starts to not co-operate with me again. You can also get like extender agents that you can mix in with the acrylics but they are rather pricey compared to a $2 spray bottle.

Also, I work the paint a fair bit out of the tube with water and make sure it's all slick and consistent. I have a lot to learn though still so my advice is most certainly probably not the proper way to do things. But in the end it's giving the brain something to do and if you enjoy the process then it's a win, if others like your work too it's a win win

edit,
And happy St Welsh day.. thingy, which I've never heard of before!

edit on 1-3-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

.....you know St. Patricks Day? We as in UK also have St. George and St. Andrew....the Scots also have Burns night....and they have a monopoly on Hogmannay!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hey Qumulys,
I haven't painted in years, but your idea of a spray bottle sounds brilliant! Personally, I found that a pencil, pencil crayon or pen & ink were better mediums for me...the paintbrush always seemed to have a mind of it's own, lol. That means that I'm always impressed when someone masters the brush!

Hey Jane,
My parents used to belong to the St. George's Society (Brit club) in the city where I grew up. They always used to attend Burns night, lol. That club is actually where I met my first husband...he was a Scouse! I sure do miss all the Brit parties and dances.

jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I like to mix a few drops of water right into the acrylic paint to make it easier to manage for detail work.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Hey masqua,
Yes, that's how I was taught! My problem would be in mixing colours....it would dry out so fast...I'd add water...colour would get more diluted, lol.
My father used to use oil paints....I can still remember the smell.

I found over time that I could exactly replicate anything that I could see. A person or an object. But I cannot create something out of my head. I can't create something that doesn't exist....yet I can write fantasy. When I see paintings, drawings...pieces that are entirely from the artist's mind...I'm humbled.

jacy

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hiya Creative Ones!

Quamulys, Those kids are freaking amazing! I love that vid, thank you so much for sharing! Thank you for the St Davids wishes too. I have absolutely no artistic skill at all when it comes to painting hehe. I did do a 'Mondrian' style A3 piece to go on my landing but I couldn't do landscapes or anything like that. I just used 'dry' water colours and a thick black marker. I will try to remember to take a pic in a bit and put it here.

As for writing a book together it just kind of happened. It is still a work in progress in a thread here called 'The Shed' started by Jacy (Jaky to me hehe). A load of creative ATSers met in Angel Cheumels (Jane)Valentines thread and enjoyed each others company so much that we kept the party going for over a week past Valentines day until the mods closed it due to the event being over.

Jaky started a short story on her version of events and we all jumped in and started writing our own version of events! This thread too happened because of Janes Valentines thread. Feel free to pop in anytime. It's a very wonderful, magical and inspiring place to be...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is a lot of chit chat between chapters that have indeed become a part of the story in itself!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Tsu322

Hey Sis! Just swooping in for a *hug*.
I'm working on the next installment right now lol. Might put up a small portion, just so everyone knows I haven't bailed!
jaky

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Massive hugs back Sis!

I just saw the new snippet now, I love it!

I'm started to wonder how I ever lived before ATS.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have always been jelous of painters. Not house painters. LOL Like Jacy said, for me the brush seems to have a mind of its own. tried a few times and said forget about it! LOL

Loving the talent in here and kudos to each and every one of you!

I love all kinds of crafts, but have been focusing on jeelry making. I think I will have some interesting pieces made by summer and will have my neice takes pic for me.

For now, I can only share a few simple designs I made in the past. I am currently working on seaglass pieces and want to make more pieces with crystals and gems.

And my velvet hearts that are nice to hang anytime of the year.

I even like to decorate my little jewelry gift boxes

Here is a small purse that looks like crap in a photo. It is made with purple and grey mohair with silver metalic thread throughout.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Jacy......did you remember cody's request....hmmmmmm?????
Knitting! Woohoo.....goes off to dig out some of my bits.....ohoh.....not sure I still have the 'best bits'.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Seaglass has so many sizes and interesting shapes and nice colors. Last night I had a nice size piece , I wrapped the wire into like a cord then wrapped that onto the pendant piece, glued a metal floral piece on the front and hung a pink crystal off the bottom. I have a rather striking piece I made for myself and everywhere I go I get oooohs and ahhhhas and consignent shops say I should sell it at their shops. Makes me so happy that my work is appreciated. The color is a blue green. I used both the regular wire and the wire I wrapped to include more interest to the design, it has a floral metal piece added and a dainty pearl hanging.

I find working with polished gems/quartz a challenge as they are so smooth and slippery. LOL I have some rose quartz and other things I'll be working with. There are soooo many supplies I'd like to get, but my house already looks like a jewelry/craft supply store.

OH and I want to work on making cards, bookmarks, gift tags...with pressed flowers. I have had so many compliments on gifts I have given with the pressed flowers. I refuse to spend a fortune on cards anymore. Sometimes I will take a gorgeous pic from a magazine and maybe add pressed flowers or just a little glitter and add ribbon or whatever. They look just as proffesional and I save a fortune.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join