It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbows Lounge

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

nugget1
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

WOW! Just WOW! So powerful! I'm speechless with awe!

LOL - You alright there Nugget???? Away and have a wee lie down on that beach! Let the wind, waves and birdsong sooth you!

Cheers!

G

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO LINK

Please let me know what you think???
Cheers!
G

Replace the she with he and I have the song for my funeral. Loved it!

Until now, this was my song.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not any time soon Dawg.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

Not any time soon Dawg.

Not that I know of. But piss poor planning and all that. I'd like to leave this realm with people smiling at the memories of me.

My wake, if I have anything to say about it, will be a BASH!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

Not any time soon Dawg.

Well, before that was Bostons "Long Time".

Which actually lasted for decades.

I didn't think I would make it past 25 considering the wild life I led. And now...here I am am at 51. Imagine that!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

WAIT A MINUTE!!!
You're Older than ME????? IS this possible??? LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

WAIT A MINUTE!!!
You're Older than ME????? IS this possible??? LOL

All a state of mind my friend.

All a state of mind. Never let go of the inner child. Because if you do, the women will rule you!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You DO realise that I'm gonna Hug you again??? LOL

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Gordi The Drummer

You DO realise that I'm gonna Hug you again??? LOL

No....No....stop that! Stay away!

:::Runs back to the Shed, but still wondering, "Am I even safe there?":::

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   

TDawgRex

Gordi The Drummer

Not any time soon Dawg.

Well, before that was Bostons "Long Time".

Which actually lasted for decades.

I didn't think I would make it past 25 considering the wild life I led. And now...here I am am at 51. Imagine that!

I'll raise ya!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Another short film I worked on. Shot mainly as a teaser/trailer to market and try and find investors for the feature we have planned.

www.youtube.com...

Comments welcome! Also on the two previous shorts I posted.

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I really enjoyed malevolent! Even though the haunting Ouija board thingy is pretty generic you kept up the interest and pace really well. (how did ya get that glass to move?!) The actors all did a really good job, I reckon the boy should have been brought in perhaps a little bit earlier, maybe slow down his lines a little to increase the uneasyness? Anyways, I'm not a movie director, but you've definitely got the chops to make it into the industry big time. I hope someone pumps a barrow of money at you because I know how expensive all the gear can be! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I actually think (please dont hate me, just trying to help!) that I preferred the original recording! There were some phasing issues which maybe detracted my attention a bit, but the whole time I kept wanting to replay the original. It had an extra something (for me) in that first version. I could really feel you channeling your painter friend, a connection between you as you document her. Hmmm, maybe the second time you were focusing on getting the new ideas in? Still an awesome song, idea, and unique subject, but my vote goes to version 1! Still sending you big hearts and best wishes!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

LOVED Malevolent!!!!!!!!!! Spooky edge of the seat film. I wish it was a full movie. I want to know what happens next. LOL Awesome!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Qumulys

I actually think (please dont hate me, just trying to help!) that I preferred the original recording! There were some phasing issues which maybe detracted my attention a bit, but the whole time I kept wanting to replay the original. It had an extra something (for me) in that first version. I could really feel you channeling your painter friend, a connection between you as you document her. Hmmm, maybe the second time you were focusing on getting the new ideas in? Still an awesome song, idea, and unique subject, but my vote goes to version 1! Still sending you big hearts and best wishes!

I hate you I hate you!! LOL Just Kidding!

For me Qum, that song will always be the 1st version.
It all came together like that in literally 10 minutes from 1st concept to finished song. I KNEW in my heart that it was simplistic and maybe too upbeat for the lyric? But that's the way it came out at the time - AND the person it was created for was DELIGHTED, so.... Job Done!!

It stayed that way all through the years, but things move on, and I have now lost touch with my artist friend.... She met someone in real life and got married, I got married too, and I had almost forgotten all about it, until reading the discussions in here about the intensity of getting involved in the painting process reminded me of it somehow?

When some lovely people here took the trouble to suggest that it might be better slowed down and made more... dreamy, I listened.... "maybe they're right?? maybe I could re-work it, improve it?" and I was more than happy to give it a try.
Very much like looking at a painting, different people find different things within a song, and they LIKE different things in a song.
Maybe it was time for a "make-over"? LOL
and... I also liked the idea of rising to the challenge!! (It's the Leo in me!!!
)

So, I pictured how it would feel.... slowed down... and dreamy... and I felt that I could see her (the artist) alone on a beautiful beach, facing the sunset, pouring all her love into a picture, a painting which would ultimately consume her as she became one with it.
That's when I "heard" the waves and gulls... and decided to try and go for that feel. (I've never used sound FX in a song before!!)

I think I got pretty close to the feel I was looking for.
But, of course you are right!! There are recording/phasing (as well as vocal meter) issues, but please bear in mind that;
a) I'm NOT, in any way shape or form, a professional guitarist/vocalist/song writer/producer/sound engineer or anything like that. (I'm a sign-maker!! although I did play the DRUMS semi-pro in a ROCK band for many years!! LOL)
and
b) The WHOLE thing. From deciding, OK I'm going to try and re-work that song, through laying down the 1st guitar parts, vocal parts, bass parts, cajon drum parts, finding - downloading - and adding the waves/birdsong etc then mixing down the tracks and transferring them onto computer AND creating an accompanying video, took TWO HOURS, In My Bedroom, without professional equipment or even a studio.

As a "concept" piece, (definitely not the finished article!!), I think I did really well and am very proud of it.

But it's a different song now. Not the original one I wrote for my friend. it's like a.... new chapter... a new beginning...
They are separate items in my head, and now in my catalogue of songs! (The new version hasn't "replaced" the old one!!)
And, to be honest... I quite like the flaws in this one!!!! It wouldn't "work" for me as well if it was too perfect.

Anyway, THANK YOU so much for listening to the song, and for taking the time to give me honest feedback, I REALLY DO appreciate that very much! Most people would just go "meh" and move on...
I'm glad that you liked it too, and equally happy that you prefer the original!!! 'Cause I wrote that too!!!! LOL

Many Thanks! and Kindest Regards,
Gordi

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Hi,Gordi!
I really,really love that song. As I listened to version one, I struggled to decipher every word, as the years have begun to take their tole on my ability to hear certain frequencies.
The music was in the foreground, whereas in version two the words really stood out- and beautiful they were!
Version two pulled me in, and I had to close my eyes so I could 'journey' into the song. LOVED it!
It's probably my advanced age showing; I'm awfully partial to music where the lyrics are the main focal point, with the music being just an adjective.

Music is a way for me to escape into a peaceful realm without the angst of this world, and # two certainly takes me there!

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

nugget1

Hi,Gordi!
I really,really love that song. As I listened to version one, I struggled to decipher every word, as the years have begun to take their tole on my ability to hear certain frequencies.
The music was in the foreground, whereas in version two the words really stood out- and beautiful they were!
Version two pulled me in, and I had to close my eyes so I could 'journey' into the song. LOVED it!
It's probably my advanced age showing; I'm awfully partial to music where the lyrics are the main focal point, with the music being just an adjective.

Music is a way for me to escape into a peaceful realm without the angst of this world, and # two certainly takes me there!

Thank you for your very kind comments Nugget, I'm glad that you approve!
I would love to do the song properly (in a studio) at some point, but hey! it is what it is!
regards
Gordi

posted on Mar, 16 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

To be honest...I can't improve on what nugget said.
Sorry I was a bit late getting here Gordi

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 18 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
HELLLPPPP!
Someone post something arty to get my frustration to go down!

BTW, does anyone have any experience with air-brushes? I've decided on my next painting but it will have an extremely limited pallet and smooth graduations is what I'm after. Using all the tricks I can, water spray, medium to lengthen acrylic drying time, fan brush etc. I've still been unable to get a perfectly smooth blend of colour like I see people do with ease with oils like Bob Ross.

I've already got a compressor in the garage I can use, so it's down to choosing the right air-brush. Ideally it would need to be a jack of all trades (1" spray down to fine lines, the finer the better). But I don't have $300 to spend on an Iwata one!

OH that reminds me! I made an attempt to do a painting similar to the one above! I never finished it though, but i'll grab a photo of it next time the camera is out

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Hi Qum,
I have some more photos if it helps?
The Waverley Paddle Steamer, off Millport, Isle Of Cumbrae, Scotland.

"THE" Crocodile Rock, Millport, Isle Of Cumbrae.

Highland Storm Brewing.

and... My Halloween pumpkin!!

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join