It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rainbows Lounge

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Yet again, another cracking song Gordi, well done!
How does it sound if you slow it right down to a slow ballad pace? Sorry, not criticising at all....I just kept wanting to slow it down to a more 'dreamy' pace if you understand me....just curious

Rainbows
Jane

Thanks jane,
I haven't actually tried slowing it down for a more dreamy feel, but I do like the idea of that, AND you are not the first person to suggest that approach!

I think I'm trying to say... Watch this space!!! LOL

So, why is the video not working for some people??? Weird!
G

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Gordi The Drummer

The video finally played! I just kept getting a blank spinning loading thingy. Youtube seems to make things worse with each improvement lately. Anyways, onto the song. You've got a real talent with the words, you paint the picture of her painting the picture! I think at the speed it's going gives me the feeling of an energetic painter, with the sweat reference fitting in well with the pace of the song and strong chord strumming. But it would be interesting to hear a slow version of it. Plucked strings, double bass and a soft drum track with brushes on a snare? But if you did go the slow route, I'd experiment with cutting the chorus to just the 'can two become one' sung once. But as it stands it's really nicely recorded and lively, like a Rocky theme but for an artist!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

putting the brushes in hot water with washing powder in it!
reply to post by Qumulys

Hot water? Gasp!! lol

Hot water can expand the ferrule, causing stray hairs to fall out. Standing them in water for awhile puts pressure on the bristles and reforming them.
Good brushes really are a e!must if you're serious about your work- and I'm convinced you are
Proper care is essential! After use, I rinse in lukewarm water, then wipe on bar soap, or add a drop of liquid to bristles. I rub the bristles between two fingers, rinse and repeat til no more paint comes off, then I put a drop of dish soap in the palm of my had and vigorously work the brush back and forth in my palm ( like I'm painting HARD) in order to get the soap worked up into the ferrule. When I'm sure all the paint is gone, rinse and store upright. Flat storing would be okay, too- as long as nothing is putting pressure on the bristles.
I only share this because I would love to see you get quality brushes, even if you can only afford to buy one every month or two! I started with about 6 basic brushes, for a total of less than $60.00, and they are still in perfect shape.Those same brushes have actually come down in price since then.
FYI: If you use oil paint, that brush can never again be used for acrylic because of the oils. You would need a separate set of brushes in order to branch out to oil paint.
P.S. You could always work a little dish soap into your brushes and lay the flat, or stand them up if you need a break before cleaning.
Ms.Nugget
edit on 400000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hello people! Good tune Gordi!

I actually came in here to share this link of one of our talented members in case you havn't heard him yet. You have to hear this!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Great advice!
*hides in brush treatment shame*
I'm going to use up my acrylics first before I graduate to oils but I'll keep that in mind.
I think I'm coming to the realisation I may have been the primary cause in bristles getting stuck in the paintings... *whistles innocently*

Night Star, that song link was well worth it, beautiful song, singer and recording! Simply outstanding!
I was about to put up some of my little music ditties I did for an iphone game that never eventuated. Way too embarrassed now!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Hahaha! Oh just do it!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's the guy in the vid that is a member here. He never fails to amaze me!

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Ok!

Take into account though the game was a kids game, so they wanted a plodding - kidsy sound track. I think I got that bit right, but it's not the music I tend to enjoy though, just an attempt to get some work

No laughing!
Qumulys song 1 - SoundCloud

It should start the other song automatically, if not here's the second song when the game got more tricky.

Qumulys song 2 - SoundCloud link

Never sure if they ever used the music in any other games, but oh well it was fun to create them.

edit on 13-3-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Hey, those were great for a kids game! Any other hidden talents we don't know about??

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I make excellent toast

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Hahahaha!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Hello again!
Good News (I think!!)... I've had the day off work today!
So, I managed to spend a couple of hours re-recording and mixing the (2 become 1) song along the lines of all of your BRILLIANT suggestions!!

But before you press play on that videomajigger....

Close your eyes, and let me take your hand....
and imagine that I am about to lead you down through the trees, heading west towards the setting sun...

There, at the very edge of the forest lies a beautiful golden beach, drenched in the warm, soft glow of the approaching sunset.
A lovely, lonely girl sits alone, crossed-legged on the sand, lost in the majestic beauty of the scene unfolding before her.
She holds in her hand... a simple paint brush, poised before the blank canvas that rests on her small wooden easel.
Her mind drifts to long-lost loves, she feels the breeze on her skin like the softest touch of his hand... and then she imagines that she hears him.... he's singing to her... from beyond....

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO LINK

Please let me know what you think???
Cheers!
G

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Oh bloody WOW!!!!!
That....is a hit!
I'm speechless........
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Gordi, that is beyond amazing! I just love those bird sounds and waves too, you really have made something special there! It's all just brilliant, the lyrics, the music, all of it! I love it!

Well done, and thank you so much for sharing it.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A short film we made for the festival circuit .... warning strong language

www.youtube.com...

edit on 14-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Hi Qum, I'm so sorry I took so long to reply, I have only been popping in and out the last few days and these threads move so fast!

I love the new paintings you put up especially the waterfall pic. They are fabulous! I know you said you were not happy with them but I think they are great, you have a lot of talent.

Thank you so much for your kind words on my Rainbows photo! I love your idea about just the butterfly box, i will have to try that too, I really enjoy playing around with things like that.

I know exactly what you mean about learning as you go, everytime I see a new youtubby lecture on poetry I learn that I did it wrong the last time, it is sooo much fun learning though.

Anyhoo, I'll have my toast lightly done with copious amounts of butter.

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hi Night! I'm slowly working my way back through this thread to catch up. I read your post about saving your friends art, well done. Those real life critics can be very harsh on us sensitive folk. Your friends Mother sounds like a lot of the soul crushers I know, I try to avoid sharing with them now if I can help it.

I saw that song you put up too by your friend on here, that's a lovely song. If you wouldn't mind could you ask him to embed the video onto this thread, I think I remember him saying he wanted exposure haha.

Massive hugs!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Tsu322

Gordi, that is beyond amazing! I just love those bird sounds and waves too, you really have made something special there! It's all just brilliant, the lyrics, the music, all of it! I love it!

Well done, and thank you so much for sharing it.

Aww Thanks hunny!
I was trying to make it more... dreamy as per jane's suggestion earlier, and pictured in my head where the dream would take me.... I ended up on a beach at the edge of the forest! So, I just had to find a way of incorporating those sounds!

I'm sooo glad that you enjoyed it!

G

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

WOW! Just WOW! So powerful! I'm speechless with awe!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by nugget1

Hi Nugget! Welcome to the Rainbows Lounge, I'm so sorry I haven't been around much.

Thank you so much for popping in and bringing your pearls of wisdom with you!

Make yourself at home, put your feet up and help yourself to the refreshments.

Tsu

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join