It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Lights reports in ENGLAND!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

The thing with those picture are that most of them are long exposure shots. In reality the lights are mostly to dim to see much of.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Ramcheck
I would not be surprised at all, with reports in England tonight, they were seen a lot farther south than normal. Great night for photography. Here are a few (I have none from England sorry, just Scotland and Ireland (and Space)).

Donegal (Ireland)

Aberdeen (Scotland)

Inverness (Scotland)

Inishowen, Donegal (Ireland)

Donegal (Ireland)

Isle of Lewis / Harris, Outer Hebrides (Scotland)

Stonehaven (Scotland)

Edinburgh (Scotland)

Creich Castle, Fife (Scotland)

Space (NASA)

Great stuff Ram!
much appreciated.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

PhoenixOD

The thing with those picture are that most of them are long exposure shots. In reality the lights are mostly to dim to see much of.

that's a yes and no, around 15 years ago the light show in my neck of the woods, (southeast County Down) was like a disco. Tonight there are clouds, but there is still some residue of lights from the North-Northwest. Also, and as Ram will know, Donegal is a pig of a place for rain, that makes the pictures special.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

smurfy

PhoenixOD

that's a yes and no, around 15 years ago the light show in my neck of the woods, (southeast County Down) was like a disco. Tonight there are clouds, but there is still some residue of lights from the North-Northwest. Also, and as Ram will know, Donegal is a pig of a place for rain, that makes the pictures special.

Very cloudy here too (Glasgow) as always so, relying on my outer-city sources here haha.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Wow...all those pictures were awesome....but the NASA one at the end is something else entirely!
Rainbows....lots of them last night!

Jane

PS....this is over Anglesey in North Wales..

edit on 28-2-2014 by angelchemuel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Rezlooper
I saw the northern lights the other day, the last sun flare, but I haven't checked this time around. I'm way up here in northern WI and we usually get some pretty good northern light shows. Are they unusual for you guys in UK?

Yeah very..
..But we have seen them.
I just always miss them.. lol

Made front news here today in our Edinburgh paper..

www.facebook.com...

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Cool, glad you all got to experience it, from all the pictures they look like some impressive northern lights. When I was a freshman in high school (many moons ago) I saw the lights one night (here in northern WI) that covered the entire sky and reached to the center straight above like a cone, and there were many different colors and they were all dancing about. It was incredible and I've always wanted to see something like that again, but not even close. I even remember the night, Sept. 11, 1986. Now that I know they are from major solar flares, and there is record of major flares, I've tried to check and see if there was anything in the days prior to that day but found nothing. When I got back in the house, they were talking about it on the radio stations out of Duluth, MN, so it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime light shows.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm in Yorkshire... and i had no idea. Now i'm sad because i haven't seen them. Suuuuch a bucket list experience.

Feel sick with envy!!!!!

edit on 28-2-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Heres a photo taken from South Shields, North East England, by a member of our local photography group, I think its awesome!

i81.photobucket.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join