It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vet Bill Dies In Senate -- Partisan Politics At Work.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Care to provide the sources for the cuts and the reasons exactly that they were responsible for needing this money now?

This isn't about vilifying the right. They've done it to themselves.

Do you agree with tying in Sanctions against Iran to a domestic issue like Veterans health?

~Tenth

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

So I ask, because I'm genuinely curious. Why would the GOP want to inject foreign affairs into a domestic issues bill?

Because the Democrats do the same GD thing.

Other big-ticket items in the bill include $207 million for the VA Manhattan Medical Center; $41 million to fix up eight military bases along the storm’s path, including Guantanamo Bay, Cuba; $4 million for repairs at Kennedy Space Center in Florida; $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center and $1.1 million to repair national cemeteries.

townhall.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Care to provide the sources for the cuts and the reasons exactly that they were responsible for needing this money now?

Why ?

Really miss the threads relating to defense cuts of this week?

This isn't about vilifying the right. They've done it to themselves.

What this is is political demagoguery,.

Do you agree with tying in Sanctions against Iran to a domestic issue like Veterans health?

That is how Washington works believe it or not.

Lots of things get tacked on to bills.

What I don't agree with is crying about veterans after the current people holding 2/3 of government has slashed their jobs, and benefits for the last 6 years.

Then suddenly cries 'foul'.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Because the Democrats do the same GD thing.

DING DING DING!!!

But yet here we are fighting over which party of Demons has the longest tail!

They all lie!

God Bless America and God Damn the politicians!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   

WeRpeons

This is a perfect example of how our representatives really don't care about the average American or military veteran. Both of their priorities are self-serving.

Yes, they are, self serving, but also owned by private interest, when the bills will not enrich the pockets of private interest and their own as a benefit they don't give two rats arses who gets screwed in the process.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Irony. Quick to vote for wars that bring us back vets with problems, then find ways to deny those same veterans help and care that they need, unless, of course, they get to stir up potential sh*tstorms for another war.

Way to go, Republicans. When this country becomes a one party Democrat majority state, you'll have no one to blame but yourselves. I remember during the Clinton years, when I actually looked towards the Republicans as a solid, working foil to keep Clinton and his Democrat fan club from getting some of their loonier and more face-palm worthy ideas into law. Now I watch them become tantrum throwing embarrassments incapable of behaving like thinking, rational adults. Clueless clowns who still have an unhealthy obsession with Iran even after we pretty much destroyed the one power in the Middle East that kept the Ayahtollahs in check.

As bad as the Dems have run this country over the past 6 years, they have not done anywhere near the damage to their cause that the Republicans have to theirs.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

neo96

The $21 billion bill, which was written primarily by Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vermont, who chairs the veterans committee, would improve veterans’ access to health care services, and expand educational and job training programs for vets. It also aims to reduce the giant claims backlog the Department of Veterans Affairs currently faces.

Awesome!

I love it when Republicans get accused of being 'partisan' especially after the Defense cuts of earlier in the week.

Wonder what is going to happen to the veteran's benefits from that ?

Oh wait.

We already know.

Their benefits were SLASHED.!

And for the Democrats to accuse the Right of being partisan ?

Guess CNN and others really haven't paid attention to Capitol Hill for the last 6 years.

The defense cuts from the Democrats from the previous 6 years is the cause of the 'need' for that bill in the first place.

But who cares!

Vilify the right!.
edit on 27-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

i think you forgot something.

ryans budget, the one the gop gushed over, cut even more than obamas did.

since when is pointing out facts villification?

oh yeah, when it happens to the paranoid righ wing t-baggers.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If the GOP thinks that a platform of "were not Obama" is going to work in the mid terms they are cutting their own throat.
Politics in America is nothing but a public relations game and the RNC with outdated old white men techniques of hate and division just won't work anymore. I was hoping that the Tparty might bring in some fresh Ideas but apparently they get their marching orders form the likes of Rush L. as well.

The hard core Right needs to revamp their strategy if they have any hope of even being a viable force in today political paradime.

The world change around them and they still think they can force the electorate back into the 50s. Playing the crybaby underdog is pointless; but the Democrats do it too won't win any converts or votes. It just sounds like whinging. imo it's time for the Right to start working for the Citizens instead of just working against the left.
edit on 1-3-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join