It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dan Rather takes demotion to "60 Minute man"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Dan Rather demotion, which takes place in March, moves him from the front desk to more behind the scene's reporting. Does that make it any better?Unless he starts checking his facts, firing him would have been more appropriate. One more scandel and you know he is a goner, might make for more truthful stories.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

NEW YORK - Dan Rather, whose nearly 24-year tenure as anchor of the �CBS Evening News� was clouded by a recent questionable report on President Bush�s National Guard service, said Tuesday he will step down in March.

I think this about time even though nothing has been said about misperformance on Rathers part. It does send a strong message to the media about accurate reporting.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
jeeze:

I think this about time even though nothing has been said about misperformance on Rathers part. It does send a strong message to the media about accurate reporting.

I tend to disagree with this significantly.
Mr. Rather has been and was seriously "hog-tied" over his recent 'lie'. The internet alone tore him a new arse. Its the mainstream media that has not said much on it other than FOX, and FOX did so, because they can't stand the Big-3 networks (ABC, NBC, CBS), along with CNN and MSNBC.

As to this happening to Mr. Rather's sending a strong message to the media about accurate reporting.....not. This action will not change the current 'status quo'.

seekerof

join