It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Underworld" by Kate Beckinsale and Scott Speed,Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
According to most biological texts, even the children's editions, the adrenals which sit atop the human kidneys secrete epinephrine, orally active adrenaline (a naturally occurring stimulant), into the human blood stream during stressful situations.

Underworld stars a female noble who turns on vampire elites, siding with lycanthropic resistance movements.

The costars, Scott Speedman, and Kate Beckinsale, team up to defeat British serial killers.

Scott means Scottish. It is also pronounced S'got Speed, Man. The movie is about blood drinking, which would result in neural stimulation.

Kate Beckinsale = see? taKe Back... in, l. (L or 1 like won the fight).

I don't intend to make too much out of these name references, consider the parallel between science and fiction fascinating, and am of no effort to disassociate role players from reality by attempting to prove some occult reality. Anything is acceptable to speculate about.

White-Wolf Role Playing, an adult game not intended for subjective minds, postulates 13 fictional clans:

Genesis Ch 3, the serpent is called more cursed than any cattle, as if the feces of the calf worshipped to this day in India was good for human evolution, but the serpentine shape of the human brain descending into the spine inhibited our evolution. One fictional clan is called the Setite, they practice Serpentis, gaining psychic power from approaching a snake totem. The serpent is the only phallic totem I know of, post death astral travel and spiritual reproduction may have fossil transitioned the chimps.

The two immortal empires of the game:

The Camarilla of Caesar (page 72-73 of VtM 20th AE, a mostly Euro-American elite)
and
the Sabbat, coldly impersonal toward the whole, a plausible birth of Communism, fanatically loyal to military hierarchy.

The Sabbat is founded by the Assamite of Hakim,
the Old Man on the Mountain's fictional tribute.

In Genesis, Abraham attempts to kill his heart to that which he loves second to... he kills the ram instead. This is an urban legend on the Hakim Fanatics. Thahash of Maakah ends the Chapter, and Hashish is the notorious sacrament of their initiations. Muhammad's Ali is called his Aaron, when Moses leaves Egypt,

The Pharaoh says, "Go and bless me also."

Aar on, as if the Pharaoh secretly endorsed they erred on. Aaron's stave devours that of the lower ranking serpents of Pharaoh's court, the reputation of King Snakes.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I don't know about all that ... But it is a good 'rainy day comfort movie'.
The first one was pretty good. The second and third ones, not so much.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

At least they all have Kate Beckinsale wearing skin tight leather...
I certainly am not complaining.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Silcone Synapse
At least they all have Kate Beckinsale wearing skin tight leather...

She's not my type. (I'm a stay at home mom). Thor in Thor2 is more my type.
Actually, I kinda dig Loki. The bad boy who plays by his own rules. But that's for another discussion.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hahaha apologies,FF!
Your post made me laugh on a bad day for me,many thanks.

And apologies to LokiToo for the off topic.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LokiToo

Scott means Scottish.

no it does not

scot , or scots = Scottish

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The lycan in the movie are overly aggressive and shape shift into instinctive muscular animals. There is a war between lycan and refined vampire nobility.

Viking - Vi, king. Vi as in struggle. Vi w/ king, barbarians... perhaps immortals from taught post death astral travel.

The Viking warrior, referred to as the Berserker, wears bearskin to intentionally lose control to animal instinct. They cannot go to heaven unless they die in battle, they store as much aggression as they can, and probably drink a bit. The berserk state makes rational sense as a lycanthropy metaphor. Lack of control to stored prejudice, and spiritual addiction to responding to it.

According to Greek mythology, the event which establishes lycanthropy to be a disease:

King Lycan tests Zeus in beggar form with meat, symbolically tested by his own murder... as if it were the fault of Zeus. As punishment for the insult, Zeus transforms King Lycan into an animal, a wolf, to expose he already spiritually was one.

Lcy an Zeus (metaphorically are the same beggar). Loki and Zeus.

King Lycan could symbolically mean Thunder attacking Low Key thru Berserkers for being low, on energy and boastful noise.

Deep North Barbarians, isolated situationally from the kind of cultural evolution which defuses prejudice? Stored aggression: addiction to attacking, selfish reward in attacking, the emotional impression it is always rational to attack, and a spiritual tradition which reinforces the attack impetus. Barbaric pride - pride in being primitive and under-educated can take hold, many probably take pride in self educating despite lack of wealth.

when one's pride is threatened, if one is overly aggressive rage defends pride from defusing as an animal survival mechanism. can you be wrong if lycanthropic by intent.

Tyr the Viking God - it could metaphorically mean not every tier is the same, the salt of the sea.

"Energy, not aggression." - Bruce Lee.

I would recommend love oriented research into control, adaptability, present mindedness, over rote memorization to train one's own instinct. As an exercise, focus on manifesting the exact accurate amount of energy necessary to break a thin block of wood, moving on to bricks, identifying success as a precision fighter.

I suppose if one stored aggression, identifying success occurs more often if pride is defended from defusibility. In a novel about telepathy, one could project the aggression to intimidate an opponent's pride into identifying fail.
edit on 27-2-2014 by LokiToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A good movie, pitching White Wolf Company

www.white-wolf.com...

Immortal nobility in conflict with lycanthropic werewolves is the theme of the movie and the books of white wolf.

the 13 Clans

*Independents of Sect Membership

Ravnos - thieves and hustlers with the thirst, ravenous. Poor non polluting gypsie elites wandering in caravans upon the Road of Paradox.

Setites - they worship a dark mid east serpent aspect immortal, practicing Obfuscate (invisibility / confusion as a telepathic emanation) Presence (the ability to emanate love, attracting cult followers) and Serpent is (in the spine).

Assamite - Hakim Fanatics that have directly killed their 2nd place to Hassan I Sabbah. At least a few Muslims, but Assa' mite... kill you for a hefty fee. Hakim too is an Obfuscated desert immortal.

Giovanni - "John" in Italian. Despite an Independent Clan, they seem to have founded a Voodoo Sect. Euro elites, mixed traits of the Camarilla and the Sabbat yet... neither. Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary edition, page 57, sidebar, Borgias and Medicis are named members of the Giovanni, Borges married my step sister Demetria. I live up the street from Giovanni's 301, Mechanicsville, Va, and am posting this from the shopping center next to the restaurant.

*Camarilla Sect

Ventrue - highbrow royals that peak at Caesar (Vampire: the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition, pages 72-73). They practice Fortitude (militarily defended, rank determines density of their bodyguards) Dominate (the ability to enslave others telepathically) and Presence.

Toreador - called the wives of the Ventrue on the Ventrue sidebar, immortal artists, plausibly trained by Venus.
Malkavians - Roman soldiers with madness, as if something Demented the Holy Roman Catholic hierarchy.
Nosferatu - a Roman military of nickname "sewer rats" that inform. Described on the 63rd page of the 20th anniversary edition.

Tremere - a bulk military of Merovengian occultists, they practice Auspex (astral scrying), Dominate (astral mind control), and Thaumaturgy (diversification of astral kill).
Gangrel - bulk footsoldiers that shape shift, they practice Protein, Protean 1 is the ability to see in the dark. I recently read a book on protein that stated a protein exists in the human eye which sensitizes it to light. If, as a storyline device, one could astral travel into the structure, manipulate the physiological identification to manufacture, one could learn to see in the dark... and begin to prefer night time. They also practice Animalism, the ability to telepathically communicate with, and absorb the aggression of, animal kin.
Brujah - similar to Gangrel, bulk troops that learn speed and strength before physical toughness and shape shifting.

*Sabbat Sect - disciplined identification with, pride in, loyalty to rank and to the whole. The vampires that founded Communism?

Lasombra - they extend shadows as their discipline, casting no reflection as their Clan Weakness. The Black Hand in charge of the Sabbat infrastructure. Invisible nobility.
Tzimisce - White Russians killed by Rasputin when he hit Anastasia Romanov : Asasan Tai Ov Roman. The event would make for a storyline explanation as to the war between the Sabbat and Caesar's Camara ill sect.

Tzimisce practice the Discipline of shape shifting to perfect troops and torture, Vicissitude. Cosmetics, Vicissitude 1, concerns the ability to alter hair color and superficially shape shift a modified appearance. One could, from the astral plane and in medical texts (in game role playing), study the human dermis and epidermis, begin to learn what cells begin to gather when a hair begins to form, and by intent trigger the physiological identification to produce a hair.

The Tal'Mahe'Ra Mafia / True Black Hand Sect - apparently some Thugee, some British Freemasons (stinking corpses), and low dollar hitmen in league with Death. Tell Ma He Ra, Ma HeRa, &Tal / Towl: the Bar on Samedi being lifted.

In Game, Vampires halt physiological processes to induce immortality, gain energy from blood, and can even sometimes "pool" blood, accelerating heart rate and sweating blood through their skin to rapidly heal wounds and boost physical energy levels. Ghouls just are a bit strong because they drink blood (could work as a metaphor for just on adrenaline), Revenants have a few psychic abilities from hanging around Vampires, and Vampires themselves are depicted as physically immortal.

-777 because Jimi Bound U

"Two Os would be too many."

adrenochrome?

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
From the same company...

Mage: the Awakening concepts:

Adamantine Arrow - a network of psychics unifying the Churches and Temples of the world as military fortifications, contacting angels to build an astral web of combat pragmatism. The arrow of an angel is Adamantine from space, unbreakable.

the Free Council - libertarians and anarchists astral unifying the collapse of the necessity for governance, the minimization and transcendence of strict controls, coercing factors.

Guardians of the Veil - Sh..! Networked prophets last name Smith silencing and squelching moral majority maneuvers. Men in Black.

the Mysterium - bodyguards of information, keepers of hidden and publicized gnosis, bookworm muscles. They're buzzing about in the realm of ghosts and sprites killing censors, cataloguing how to teach, and prioritizing intellectual evolution.

the Silver Ladder- climb from rifleman to general to President... slowly, in the fictional World of Darkness, bodyguard density increases with one's Gnostic aptitude for discernment.

posted on Apr, 18 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Kate Beckinsdale, in leather, kicking ass. That's really it in a nutshell.

top topics

join