It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I for one choose to log out every time I leave a website. On ATS I generally choose not to log in unless I desire to make a post. The issue i am having is that the only log in link on the site that works is the one on the top bar. Any log in buttons displayed in the threads only takes you to an error message (page not found). Extremely irritating.

There is also the issue that when you do get logged in you are taken back to the main page. Thus you have to go find the thread and your place on it once again. Very irritating and very sloppy by ATS. I also participate on Zero Hedge. On their site every page has the log in setup so you can long in and not lose your place. You can also hit reply and it allows you to log in and reply without resetting the whole works.

This is actually a serious issue for ATS and one you should take seriously. Especially since you take not logging so seriously, by displaying 2 popups ads and ads that display even when you don't cursor over them. So each time I access the site i need to close at least 3 windows. It shouldn't be that way.

How exactly are you monetizing members who are logged in?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

sligtlyskeptical
I for one choose to log out every time I leave a website. On ATS I generally choose not to log in unless I desire to make a post. The issue i am having is that the only log in link on the site that works is the one on the top bar. Any log in buttons displayed in the threads only takes you to an error message (page not found). Extremely irritating.

There is also the issue that when you do get logged in you are taken back to the main page. Thus you have to go find the thread and your place on it once again. Very irritating and very sloppy by ATS. I also participate on Zero Hedge. On their site every page has the log in setup so you can long in and not lose your place. You can also hit reply and it allows you to log in and reply without resetting the whole works.

This is actually a serious issue for ATS and one you should take seriously. Especially since you take not logging so seriously, by displaying 2 popups ads and ads that display even when you don't cursor over them. So each time I access the site i need to close at least 3 windows. It shouldn't be that way.

How exactly are you monetizing members who are logged in?

I second this. I just joined up here, although I have been reading up on the site for around a year or so. There were many times I would read a comment and feel a sudden urge to comment myself, id go to sign in and create an account and I'd get a 404 type error. Then I would just say 'meh' and decide to try again next time. Might lose members over this, if there is indeed a problem and its not some sort of net based issue ( I have a bad connection).

join