It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dogecoins in the news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Someone might find this article interesting, I did and I never heard of the currency. If you read the comments at bottom of the article, there is a person that is giving out 100 dogecoins for the asking. I got mine and while they are only worth a whole 10 cents at the moment, You never know.

edition.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Interesting launch technique, but ultimately a scam.

ten cents is nothing but when a few thousand suckers pay up, its worth it.

PONZZZZIIIIIII

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by paytaplay

all of these are scams in some way..the goal is to buy and sell before they collapse haha...but i think bitcoin will stay around for a bit once it gets back up and going.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

cosmicexplorer

all of these are scams in some way..the goal is to buy and sell before they collapse haha...but i think bitcoin will stay around for a bit once it gets back up and going.

Back up and going? haha

A year ago it was at $30.00 usd / 1 btc, right now it's at $578.00 usd / 1btc. Sure it dropped a bit but that is the volatility of the cryptocurrency market.

Dogecoin is headed to the moon.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
To the moon, would be nice. If this market hits I got a hundred , if they do not get stolen lol. Would be nice to see another coin make a few regular folks have a little bit in the bank.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Dogecoins will never reach the value of Bitcoin. There are 21 Mio. bitcoins, Dogecoin is arround 70bn or something iirc.

I have a few of them that I got as a tip on reddit, but not many.
The only other cryptocurrency that is worth something is and will always be litecoin.

I have several Feathercoins, Mintcoins, Dogecoins etc.
But overall I would not even get 1 bitcoin.

People that want to make some quick money, should buy BTCs now. I am pretty sure the value will rise again and you could make a lot of profit... unfortunately I am just a poo guy
with no money to invest.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So quick to comment without actually reading his OP...

He is saying, they are WORTH 10cents but he got them free.

OP... This happens all over for Crypto. They do this to get people interested, just like you are.

The idea is to give away these coins. Think of it as a flier. You get 100 coins and it makes you want to look more in to it and invest more. It's a simple stratagy. When more people are interested, the value of the coins go up.

You're welcome to ask me anything about any of this. I have spent quite a bit of time investigating various crypto and I am also an investor.

Since your other topic was closed. Yes... Invest in Doge if you are interested in joining a crypto. The 3 best at this point:

- Bitcoin
- Litecoin
- Dogecoin

Doge has dropped some recently but it will rise again. The rise was due to the inflation by everyone giving into the hype. It will rise each time the difficulty goes up, and it will also rise more because of the hype. After the first few weeks of the difficulty getting harder, the price will come down a little to make it more stable, until the next difficulty change. Then it'll shoot up again, then settle... and so forth.

Formula:

Worth + Hype = Inflated Price shortly before difficulty change.

Worth = Takes place when the hype has passed and difficulty is going steady. When next difficulty gets ready to hit, the hype goes back up again before the change, causing prices to jump up more than what it should. After, the price will again settle to the worth of the coin. It will still be higher than the time before.

Remember... When people loose interest (when no one talks about them), the price will plummet! If there is too much coin vs demand, the price will also plummet. Like mooncoin did. But... It just puts a bulk of coins in few hands so at some point the price will go back up.
edit on 17-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I honestly believe the current altcoin market is ultimately one big scam aimed at getting people to give up their bitcoin for garbage

That being said - I trade in various alt coins all the time, it's very fun and can be pretty profitable just from the instability of the market. There are hundreds of alts actually, most people have only heard of Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Dogecoin strangely enough because of the news. As far as you being able to hold those 100 dogecoins and become rich one day? Im sorry to say but it will not happen. They may be worth 1$ one day instead of 10 cents lol there are just too many as another poster said.

If you want to truly invest in an alternate cryptocurrency do your research there are a couple out that are serious and are destined to either be the next 'Bitcoin' or at least of the future of Bitcoin. Right now, this market is WAY to diluted because of all of the alt coins...

Bitcoin would be SO much higher right now if people could only trade usd/btc and litecoin and perhaps another. Also, many a newcomer reads something about Bitcoin and cryptocurrency in the news, buys some scamcoin they see spammed somewhere as the 'Next Bitcoin' and they buy it up and lose all their money...

That crap needs to stop for people to want to get involved in Bitcoin.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

aLLeKs
Dogecoins will never reach the value of Bitcoin. There are 21 Mio. bitcoins, Dogecoin is arround 70bn or something iirc.

That's not true.

It all depends on popularity.

Dogecoin can surpass bitcoin because of how it's made and the amount avaialble. Bitcoin will reach a cap at some point just like Doge, but Doge has a higher cap and easier mine, which is liked by many miners. It's the new bitcoin because it's giving people chances to get into the game where they missed out on bitcoin. This will make doge strong and popular. It's very popular now, but still young. It has many people keeping an eye on it. Bitcoin is just more standard 'right now'... It's nothing more than the dollar standard for crypto right now. Any other crypto can take it's place. It just depends on it's popularity and it's dependability.

Never say never, especially with Crypto currencies.
edit on 17-3-2014 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just want to know how this thread got closed. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I had some questions and it got closed due to already posted, That was a month ago. Not happy at all and not the same thing. Please help me out on this mods.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Have ya looked into Thorcoin?
Its new and it can only be mined via CPU or GPU.

posted on Mar, 17 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Have ya looked into Thorcoin?
Its new and it can only be mined via CPU or GPU.

top topics

join