It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin puts troops on alert... What does the US have to gain?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

SLAYER69
There we have Putin readying his troops but people saying the US/West will be bad if they get involved, Meanwhile hardly a word is said about why it's bad for Russia to invade?

Oooo I think there’s then misunderstanding. when I said it will be bad for the USA and EU I didnt mean it in a moral sense but in a lost of people are going to die sense.

In a moral sense no I dont think the USA or EU would be in the wrong. Just thats its not worth risking WW3 over.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

buster2010

oblvion

crazyewok

SLAYER69
Then we have people declaring, promoting, advocating and cheering that Russia should "take back" the Ukraine *Which doesn't belong to them anymore than Iraq/Afghanistan belonged to the US*

Wheres the logic and justification in that?

Im not cheering Russia on.

Ukraine dosnt belong to them.

But I rather the USA and EU keep out and as far away as possible.

Interfering could backfire in epic way.

Wait are you advocating appeasement? This has proven disastrous in 9 out of 10 cases. It simply reinforces the bad behavior.

What happens between the Ukraine and Russia is none of America business. We have already lost far too many people and lost way too much money fighting other peoples wars. America should only go to war when another nation attacks America because no other nation on earth is worth an American life or American dollar.

First off I starred you, as a veteran myself, I really appreciate hearing you say you think so highly of your country men, so do I which is why I served.

Now onto the unpleasant part. In your neighborhood, one of your neighbors gets attacked in their home, while you are standing there watching, knowing you are able and capable of helping them. Would you not help them?

The world is not very big honestly, we are all neighbors. If we let bullies run rough shod over our neighbors, how long until we are the ones being run over?

Once again thank you for your belief that your fellow Americans are so worthy of your praise. I couldnt help but feel a sense of pride and honestly adoration reading your reply.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

crazyewok

oblvion

Americas doctrine on the use of nukes is as follows- If you use chemical weapons against our population or troops we WILL nuke you. If you use nukes against our populations or troops we WILL nuke you.

Over simplified. If Russia just used tactical nukes on troops only america would likely respond with tac nukes (Which the USA has plenty off for the same reason) on russian troops.

Woulkd be stupid to expand that to civilian targets and go for a world ending full nuclear war
edit on 27-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

Correct and wrong at the same time.

It is very simple on purpose.

It leaves no room for misunderstandings.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

crazyewok
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well you guys are welcome to go over and fight Crimea war 2.0

Il stay right here at home

While your dead and forgotton in some radioactive ditch Il make sure you girfreinds are well taken care of

It's
You're
forgotten
I'll

and

Your girlfriends

Come on wok, I'm the 'Dumb uneducated Amurkan' here not you...

edit on 27-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

SLAYER69

watchesfromwall
Again, I am no expert on these matters, but if history repeats itself concerning "Cold Wars," then doesn't that focus the once super-powers (now turned clowns) on themselves and a less bloody scenario for the world at large? If my distant memory serves me correctly, then weren't fewer lives lost during the Cold War than following?

No

Korea
Vietnam
Afghanistan
Angola
Nicaragua
Some Eastern European Warsaw pact countries uprising against the Soviet overlords...

Just to name a few.

edit on 27-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

I understand what you are talking about, but shouldn't we view your examples as scattered between the early 1950s - to the late 1990s vs. the new wars/post Cold era are within the timeframe of the late 1990s-present?

How would time and death variables factor in if we viewed it with this accuracy?

edit on 27-2-2014 by watchesfromwall because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

come on you know the rule when you comment on grammer and spelling you lose even when your right

Like when you mention the Nazi's

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

crazyewok

come on you know the rule when you comment on grammer and spelling you lose even when your right

*Gives crazyewok and Slayer "The look"*

Come on Boys, the reading was great until you started getting niggly about spelling?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27/2/14 by Rodinus because: Crap spelling

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

crazyewok

Damnit wok I almost spit all over my laptop.

That is the funniest truest thing I have heard all week.

Thanks, I needed that.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

To be fair... you just spelled grammar, G -R- A- M- M- E- R...

Just saying!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

What are you talking about.

I was just defending the exclusivity of being an Amurkan against some poser...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ok, I have to go to bed, all this sparring between wok and slayer have depleted my reserves for the day, I have to work tonight so it is nighty nighty time.

Good luck ATS, keep interrogating the facts until we finally arrive at the truth, I will see you guys tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

TrueBrit

To be fair... you just spelled grammar, G -R- A- M- M- E- R...

Just saying!

I hate dyslexia..........

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Putin puts troops on alert... What does the US have to gain?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTHING, let the chips fall where they may....

US has nothing to gain here, the EU may have an interest in gaining another
territory under its rule but the USA does not at all.. Russia has all the interest in the world
to keep the ukraine under its thumb, psychology, politically, and financially.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Putin's name reminds me of the founding of Communism in Russia via the betrayal instigated by Rasputin.

Note: I intend no insult against anyone, nor statement of fact, via my noticing (synchronicity / coincidence), despite proximity to statements suggestive of such. I apologize if this confuses anyone.

Ras Putin hit Anastasia Romanov, GI Gurdjieff was the Esoteric Muslim (good Assassin Visor? Gorbichov is Russia's most beloved reformer) bodyguarding the royal family, and I suspect the event had White Russians hiding, faking their own suicide.

Rasputin can spell Ratspuin (or, if it says, rearranged another way) Ras in Ptu hit the Asasan Tai to Ov Roman (Anastasia Romanov rearranged).

According to a recent nonfictional documentary I watched on mob history, Meyer Lansky (Merlinsky / Jew) hit Albert Anastasia at the barber shop. This could mean cut the Baer's Asasan Tai, it puts him in close proximity to the hit on the Asasan Tai (to) Ov Roman.

Meyer is notorious for being Hollywood American Mafia. In Vampire: the Masquerade, 20th Anniversary Edition, page 72-73, Caesar and some Roman royals, the highest ranking members of the Camarilla Sect, drink the blood of children. The Camara ill sect of Caesar has bulk Merovengians called the TreMere (because of Meyer?), the Gargoyle slave / Slavic region bloodline serves the Camarilla because of Merlin according to the sidebar of their bloodline's description. The Gargoyles practice Visceratika, Flight, Potence, and Fortitude.

I saw Putin on TV next to Obama, as a storyline, Rasputin sold to ol' Nero, the end time Dajjal at war with Islam.

Russia is called the Slavic Region, the Georgian War in fiction is George Bush fighting for the right to buy and sell Slavics.

Merlan sounds like Merman to me, I call coincidence. The artist that designed the Little Mermaid cover claimed he intended it to be a subliminal dildo, a bit Camara ill.

Poseidon would have the Mermen: Pose I Don (not really Black Hand except as a Hollywood high brow royal?). In Roman, his name is Neptune: En En Ptu - as in in the Propaganda Due /P2 Mafia, Mussolini's elite, only caught laundering Vatican Money and being Italy's post WWII elite, Robert Anton Wilson's nonfiction Encyclopedic Conspiracies, Cults, and Coverups: Everything is Under Control.

The Greek Armageddon Bodhissatva, tortured by gods and an eagle (the American Flag), torture Prometheus. He delivers fire to humanity, as did Zeus' Cain / Lightning when it struck a tree. Rearrange the letters, it spells the promes u (word broke up, the promise you gods broke on not killing rank? it would make a story). Rome is at the center of the word, as if at the center of why. Zeus' Greek name is Zoo's (sin?), his Roman wife's name (Cleopatra siring Caesar?) is Juno / no Ju if she's Roman. The Roman name of Zeus is Ju Pit Er, coincidentally my childhood free form role playing name. There was another Pit going being my back I only caught once, as if it it PP.

Rasputin: Ra puts in (two cents on Putin).

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

starfoxxx
Russia has all the interest in the world

Except it would also be Illegal, Immoral, Illegitimate and Unethical...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

SLAYER69

starfoxxx
Russia has all the interest in the world

Except it would also be Illegal, Immoral, Illegitimate and Unethical...

Damn right!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
What is there to gain ?

Just wait until Ukraine are forced to sell to private companies its utilities and agricultural land !!!.....That's the prize imo.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Looks like the whole place may split in two states one will side with RS and one the EU lets just hope no blood is spilt in the process.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

ken10
What is there to gain ?

Just wait until Ukraine are forced to sell to private companies its utilities and agricultural land !!!.....That's the prize imo.

Didn't China buy a load of land from them recently?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

boymonkey74
Looks like the whole place may split in two states one will side with RS and one the EU lets just hope no blood is spilt in the process.

Sadly blood has already started to spill when you look at what has been happening in Kiev over the last couple of weeks mate!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

[snip]
edit on 27-2-2014 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join