It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The importance of Spiritual Discernment when reading the Bible.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

. . . Jesus Christ redeemed us all for our original sin . . .
Feel free to quote where the Bible says that, otherwise I have to assume that you just made that up.

Romans 5:12-21
1 Corinthians 15:22
Psalm 51:5
Isaiah 53:11-12
and numerous others.

or you unaware that there was no sin and no death before original sin?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

Now, let me tell you a revelation, jmdewey, Palestinians are also white - as all Arabs are.
You have a very broad way of throwing that word around until it becomes completely meaningless.
And I didn't say "white", I said "Lilly-White".
edit on 19-3-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

I have a simple anthropologic way of classification - as the science does.

your idiocy is based on the American twist.

Skin color is not even the most important part in the classification.
Which is one more revelation to you, right?

Who told you Jews in the first century could not have been Lilly-white? (what the heck does it mean, BTW. Anatomically lilly white are albino only and those can be of any race - Asian, negro or white.
edit on 19-3-2014 by Hoyden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

Who told you Jews in the first century could not have been Lilly-white?
OK, when did I say that?
I was talking about as the situation exists today.
"Lilly-White" is an American term used by black civil rights activists to show the disparity between the privileged class, and the surrounding colored people who are being repressed.
I on purpose was avoiding an anthropological classification.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Hoyden

jmdewey60
reply to post by WarminIndy

Because the Khazarian theories has been used against them for the purposes of anti-Semitism.
Israeli Jews have been making the claim that they were the biblical Hebrews the rationale for commiting genocide against the Palestinians.
It's about time that they accept that the claim was always false, in the face of this Lilly-white caucasian group artificially being where they don't seem to fit in.

I believe that salvation in Jesus Christ is the atonement at the Cross and one must be born again to see the kingdom of God, which as Jesus said is "At hand".
Which kingdom has been here since the Apostles established the church.

Warminglady - this is a classic example of what I am talking about LOL

Now, let me tell you a revelation, jmdewey, Palestinians are also white - as all Arabs are.

I know and he's been doing it for so long, maybe he forgets he has done it.

He says I make things up about him, but he's been doing it a long time then demands me to show posts that he made and then acts like I misrepresent him in everything. But as you have noticed, as well as many others, he doesn't seem to know how to take responsibility for what he posts.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

Who told you Jews in the first century could not have been Lilly-white?
OK, when did I say that?
I was talking about as the situation exists today.
"Lilly-White" is an American term used by black civil rights activists to show the disparity between the privileged class, and the surrounding colored people who are being repressed.
I on purpose was avoiding an anthropological classification.

I could not care less about what term was used in the American civil rights movement.

It is an example of ignorance and stupidity. And has absolutely no connection with the discussion here, but it is a hallmark of the idiots on the left which got all "offended" when somebody said that Jesus Christ and St.Nicholas of Bari were white. Which they both were.

And you keep perpetuating this idiocy with your sarcasm - which just depicts your ignorance.
First century Jews could have been as lilly-white as they can be today. Mary Magdalene was a blue-eyed blonde ( by some apocrypha)
Skin color is not the main factor in the determination of race of a person.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

and numerous others.

I was referring to your claim that ". . . Jesus Christ redeemed us all for our original sin . . .".
You probably meant "from" original sin.
My point was that it doesn't say that.
Now, you did quote this metaphoric parable in Isaiah that relates indirectly maybe, if you leave out the "original" stipulation and just keep it to "sin" in general, but it says that he "made intercession", which could be a way of understanding redeeming someone else, it it actually meant that.
But, this is figuratively speaking and is really talking about Israel and its treatment from the Assyrians and Babylonians, where it was essentially killed as a kingdom.
The redemption that the the New Testament talks about is from the old written Mosaic Law.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

It is an example of ignorance and stupidity.
Sorry that you have a cultural barrier that prevents you from getting American idioms but it is not stupidity.
I was not pretending to be using an anthropological term.

Mary Magdalene was a blue-eyed blonde ( by some apocrypha)
Did I say that?
And what sort of reference is that, appeal to Medieval mythology?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

and numerous others.

I was referring to your claim that ". . . Jesus Christ redeemed us all for our original sin . . .".
You probably meant "from" original sin.
My point was that it doesn't say that.
Now, you did quote this metaphoric parable in Isaiah that relates indirectly maybe, if you leave out the "original" stipulation and just keep it to "sin" in general, but it says that he "made intercession", which could be a way of understanding redeeming someone else, it it actually meant that.
But, this is figuratively speaking and is really talking about Israel and its treatment from the Assyrians and Babylonians, where it was essentially killed as a kingdom.
The redemption that the the New Testament talks about is from the old written Mosaic Law.

and those quotes are exactly about original sin.

without original sin there won't be any need for redemption. We would still be in Eden and immortal.

It was the original sin which messed everything up - and required Jesus Christ's redemption of the humankind.

Now, what we do with our possibility of salvation - is the other thing. Jesus Christ's sacrifice as a Lamb of God was needed for a UNIVERSAL redemption - a possibility for individual salvation based on what we do with our life.

It was absolutely necessary but not sufficient for eternal salvation.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

jmdewey60

there is no "sin in general".

every sin is INDIVIDUAL.

However, there would be no sin whatsoever without the original one - and for that one has to blame the stupid Eve and weak Adam

Jesus Christ by His sacrifice made immortality in heaven possible for us again.
Which we lost becasue of those two.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

. . . without original sin there won't be any need for redemption.
That's a nice little theory but the Bible doesn't use that term in that way.
Right, if there wasn't sin, there wouldn't have ever been a law.
That is true.
But there is no description in the Bible of wiping out original sin.
Paul was talking about a righteousness that people can now achieve through following Christ.
He was not talking about a way to pay for them.

Jesus Christ's sacrifice as a Lamb of God was needed for a UNIVERSAL redemption
Except that it never says that anywhere in the Bible.
There is the word, Christ, and the word, sacrifice, and the word, lamb, and the word, redemption, but it never puts them all together into a single statement like that.

It was absolutely necessary but not sufficient for eternal salvation.
For more than just a few people, Jesus had to come.
There are Moses and Elijah, and probably Enoch, who are in heaven from before, but that is a pretty small amount and God was not satisfied that so many would be lost.
People have to be drug to God, kicking and screaming, because there is a natural inclination to ignore God or to be in fear of God, but not coming to Him.
Jesus leads us to God as our brother who tasted humanity and temptation and being reviled by the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

It is an example of ignorance and stupidity.
Sorry that you have a cultural barrier that prevents you from getting American idioms but it is not stupidity.
I was not pretending to be using an anthropological term.

Mary Magdalene was a blue-eyed blonde ( by some apocrypha)
Did I say that?
And what sort of reference is that, appeal to Medieval mythology?

oh, stop deflecting.

you said exactly that - that current time Jews living in Israel have nothing in common with the first century Jews and can not be their descendants as the current ones are "lilly-white" - which implies that the first century ones could not have been lilly white.

And that supposed sarcasm shows your ignorance precisely - ignorance based on politicization of the pure anthropology in order to serve some imaginable "sensitivities" of part of the population of this country.

Your ignorance might not be your own fault - the idiocy of considering people "white" only based on the skin color is prevalent in this country and especially among the self-professed higher educated "elite". And, contrary to you, I know who started it and why

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

. . . you said exactly that . . .
Then you should quote it, instead of adding your own elaboration on it.

Then you go on repeating what you said already.
Saying it twice makes it no more believable.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Text Again, do you even know the origins of the Hebrews?

@ Warminindy

Very well written and much that I was not aware of. Been following you fellows on this thread and do not want to intervene. Just sitting here reading your posts. Will copy that post and save for my notes. You do have a lot to say in few words and want to congratulate you on your posts.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

oh, so who wrote this? refreshed your memory?

jmdewey60
Israeli Jews have been making the claim that they were the biblical Hebrews the rationale for commiting genocide against the Palestinians.
It's about time that they accept that the claim was always false, in the face of this Lilly-white caucasian group artificially being where they don't seem to fit in.

jmdewey60

Again, do you even know the origins of the Hebrews?
How do we get Caucasian Hebrews in Poland and Lithuania?
Or are they really gentiles from "the nations" who were ordered by their king to convert to Judaism?

you are welcome

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Seede

Text Again, do you even know the origins of the Hebrews?

@ Warminindy

Very well written and much that I was not aware of. Been following you fellows on this thread and do not want to intervene. Just sitting here reading your posts. Will copy that post and save for my notes. You do have a lot to say in few words and want to congratulate you on your posts.

Thank you.

It is kind of hard to write that many years of human history in a few paragraphs, because there's just so much.

Every little action in history had an impact on the future. Had Yochaved not put Moses into that basket, imagine the world today. But even now, every action will affect the future.

I like this

Jeremiah 10:23 KJV
King James Version
O LORD, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps.
Our lives are not our own. When I realized this, I was more amazed by God.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoyden

When I said "Caucasian" I meant from the Caucasus region of central Asia, where the Khazars originate.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Hoyden

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

jmdewey60

jmdewey60

Or are they really gentiles from "the nations" who were ordered by their king to convert to Judaism?

you are welcome

Well I can assure you that I didn't write it...lol.

I am not in the place of God to determine the ultimate destination of someone else, and I certainly am not the judge of their skin or eyes, because I didn't make them. If God doesn't judge the skin, why do people think we can? God judges hearts.

I am offended when someone uses the name Christianity to enact hatred upon any person. You would think Torquemada would have been dead by now, but some people keep reviving his spirit. It's like people have no faith in God to do what He said He would do, so they create every theology under the sun because they have to do God the favor.

Torquemada was a curse on the world and then the Black Death almost wiped out Europe, then the 100 Years War almost destroyed France. Then all the Huguenots killed on St. Bartholomew's Day, because they were different. But do I blame the Catholic Church today for Torquemada or St. Bartholomew's Day? I can't charge them for that because God even said their sin can't be visited upon their children.

All I can say is that God judges hearts of all people. God is the final judge to their final destination, not me. But for some people, God must be surprised that the Jews are still here, because people didn't do the job right. That's really how some people think.

God's word is established in heaven forever, who am I to try and shake it down?

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

When I said "Caucasian" I meant from the Caucasus region of central Asia, where the Khazars originate.

Which one of the fifty ethnic groups in the Caucuses are you talking about?

Ethnic Groups of Caucuses You do realize the migration into the Caucuses came from the Middle East, you were aware of that, right?

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

stop deflecting.
it is all there what you have said and it is pretty clear what you meant
Khazars did not originate from Caucasus but much farther north

edit on 20-3-2014 by Hoyden because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You certainly did not say that - jmdewey did and then pretended he forgot
so I reminded him.

I agree with the rest of your post

WarminIndy

Hoyden

jmdewey60
reply to post by Hoyden

jmdewey60

jmdewey60

you are welcome

Well I can assure you that I didn't write it...lol.

I am not in the place of God to determine the ultimate destination of someone else, and I certainly am not the judge of their skin or eyes, because I didn't make them. If God doesn't judge the skin, why do people think we can? God judges hearts.

I am offended when someone uses the name Christianity to enact hatred upon any person. You would think Torquemada would have been dead by now, but some people keep reviving his spirit. It's like people have no faith in God to do what He said He would do, so they create every theology under the sun because they have to do God the favor.

Torquemada was a curse on the world and then the Black Death almost wiped out Europe, then the 100 Years War almost destroyed France. Then all the Huguenots killed on St. Bartholomew's Day, because they were different. But do I blame the Catholic Church today for Torquemada or St. Bartholomew's Day? I can't charge them for that because God even said their sin can't be visited upon their children.

All I can say is that God judges hearts of all people. God is the final judge to their final destination, not me. But for some people, God must be surprised that the Jews are still here, because people didn't do the job right. That's really how some people think.

God's word is established in heaven forever, who am I to try and shake it down?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join