It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-Travelling Hipster (Logo)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

I couldn't look at that website (zoopatrol) that you linked to.

Here maybe this is better...

Enjoy...

Here is some more on this story...

forgetomori.com...
edit on 27-2-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
while i was looking at the link Pauligirl posted for i saw another link, and saw this. a shot from the other direction.

Another Photo Of time Travling Hipster Found

it even has the same quote that tsurfer posted. and the link Pauligirl posted even mentions AbovetopSecret.

his glasses remind me of horn rimmed tinted safty glasses or welding glasses used with torches. that style has been around for ever. my dad has a pair that belonged to my grandfather.

edit on 27-2-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm at work and to short on time to read through, so forgive if this has been pointed out.

Those are safety glasses and your likely looking at a welder / pipefitter / steamfitter or perhaps an iron worker. I've worn them, my father wore them and I even had a few pairs after he died in 1971. Those are perfectly normal for that time.

Company logos on shirts are far from new.

The coat looks like an old wool liner worn under coveralls at work in a cold place.

If that helps at all. The haircut is also fine for that time.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Sometimes when I see videos like that, I come to the conclusion that some skeptics grasp for the truth the same way people who want to believe do. Some of the other arguments have me agreeing, but most of those don't. I think that the sunglasses bit is the most minor thing. It's been established that there were those types of sunglasses at that time, that's why it's better to move onto the logo. The logo has a border around it that indicates that it is a silkscreen logo. The shirt is also more closely fitting than the sweater. I think the key is identifying the logo as either in the past or today. I haven't been able to find that logo in the past, much less today.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

That photo at least may confirm that it was not photoshopped.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Do you know if there would be silkscreened company logos at that time? I still have to research that.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Just gonna throw it out there. The logo on his shirt reminds me of the Weyland Yutani logo.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

brazenalderpadrescorpio
reply to post by NullVoid

I notice that, even now, woman's sunglasses are wider on the side. I wonder if someone could find mens sunglasses of that time that are wide on the side.

The women wearing the sunglasses is from 1940, the guy is from 1941, while looking for the sunglass images, I notice theres not much sunglasses that cover their side, even at current time.
The man wearing is totally out of fashion (at that time), he also doesnt wear hat, doesnt wear suit, but the sunglass definitely from that era.
Heres the latest style and poses at that time in UK
Enjoy oldies!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I think it's possible that they did have those sunglasses at that time. What makes me wonder is the logo. I have to research if they silkscreened logos onto shirts. It doesn't look sewn onto the sweater. At least not to me.

edit on bThu, 27 Feb 2014 23:31:06 -0600pm57America/Chicago2pmThursday27America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
This article says that they started silk screening shirts in the 1980s, primarily. I can't imagine them doing that in the '40s.

www.ooshirts.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

The other thing is that based on this picture, he seems to be one of the tallest, if not the tallest person there.

edit on bThu, 27 Feb 2014 23:41:20 -0600pm57America/Chicago2pmThursday27America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We don't have this tech right now so with this t-shirt having a hole it I can see why people might think this guy could be from 10-20 years in the future. I wonder if we would be able to spot a time traveler in vacation photos posted online - like from New York - where there are crowds. Because they would be from the future would we even be able to tell? Things are advancing so quickly - this would be the perfect time to come back to - so no one would notice. It would also be concerning since I for one would want to know why they were interested in our time period. Anyway - interesting thread. Have seen this picture disputed before but never tire of this sort of thing.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The 'logo' is nothing of the sort. It's a knitted shirt with a zig zaggy pattern going all the way round.

A bit like Charlie Brown.

Why the he'll do people even think for one second this guy is a time traveller? Pretty stupid one if he is. Going somewhere blatant where you would be photographed like that, also why would you not try to blend in by dressing like an old codger. Answer..he"s just a dude with a younger style of dress.

Time traveller my arse.
edit on 28-2-2014 by angus1745 because: grammar

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by angus1745

It's not a zig-zag Charlie Brown-type shirt because, if you notice, the M is encased in either a circle or square. I'm not eliminating the possibility that the clothes could've been around at the time. However, at this post I've come to realize that if nobody has been able to prove or disprove it yet (while having more resources at their disposal), why do I pridefully think I can.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Are you trying to say that the photo is doctored, because that issue has already been addressed. There's a better than normal chance that it hasn't been. I'm not saying that it hasn't been, I'm just saying that there's not a good chance of that. There are too many synchronistic events.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
There have been several threads about this and the Charlie Chaplin phone too.
Is there new info or does a new thread need to be created for each garment he's wearing?

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I wasn't trying to focus on the style of his sweater, or even what type of fabric it is. I was trying to zero in on the logo, and what its origins could be. Regrettably, the topic has gotten derailed. I also haven't been able to find the logo, in the past or in the future.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I know this pic has been discussed here in the past.But I believe the Op was focused on the sun glasses.Which look like they could be some kind of glasses from that era,I thought.
edit on CSTFripm51261 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

I think that the sunglasses could very well be from that time period. trusurfer posted a video that shows that some men's sunglasses had fabric sides that could be attached to them.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join