It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time-Travelling Hipster (Logo)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by earthart

It seems as if the M logo for Univ. of Mich. has always been serifed. Here's a picture from 1942.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I hope nobody over the age of 10 believes this...... Its not hard to find a picture taken a long time ago and throw yourself in it. Or even go back to the original spot and repose like you where in the picture.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

These are the most similar Morrissey shirts I could find. As you can see, they are not at all similar. These shirts are newer, though. I gotta use Bing on my next search.

Edit: Bing images is a lot better. I didn't find anything for Morrissey, though.

edit on bThu, 27 Feb 2014 16:55:28 -0600pm57America/Chicago2pmThursday27America/Chicago by brazenalderpadrescorpio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I found this very informative...

Source

“The photo is 100% REAL. NTV Russian television crew was filming there [last week] at the museum and found the original photo in one of the albums. I held it in my hands.”

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Like most things, even in today's world, just because you can't find the style of shirt and coat he is wearing doesn't necessarily mean they didn't exist at the time.

Think about all the 5 dollar sunglasses at the gas station that won't ever get a mention on the internet that look super futuristic. The same with the shirt and coat. They could be very limited runs or something he made at his house.

As for the hair style?

Well you know people were rocking mullets back in the 1800's, too.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CallmeRaskolnikov

Thanks for your comment. I'm pretty much trying to use a 2-pronged approach as far as the logo is concerned. I'm focusing on M logos circa. 1940s, and in our day. I like the fact that you're thinking about this.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

Something doesn't smell right about that theory, to me. To me that shirt obviously looks like the shirt is underneath the sweater. That's a dead giveaway to me. The sweater goes past the shirt, and is not at the same level as the shirt.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NullVoid

I notice that, even now, woman's sunglasses are wider on the side. I wonder if someone could find mens sunglasses of that time that are wide on the side.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The haircut is actually very much what the style was at the time. In regards to the sunglasses,,,,,

Inexpensive mass-produced sunglasses were introduced to America by Sam Foster in 1929. Foster found a ready market on the beaches of Atlantic City, New Jersey, where he began selling sunglasses under the name Foster Grant from a Woolworth on the Boardwalk.[6] By 1938 Life magazine wrote of how sunglasses were a "new fad for wear on city streets ... a favorite affectation of thousands of women all over the U.S." It stated that 20 million sunglasses were sold in the United States in 1937, but estimated that only about 25% of American wearers needed them to protect their eyes.[7]

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I'll be back later about the shirt. I've got to find something.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

It seems really hard to find an old Bank of Montreal logo from the 40s. I really like that quote from the other thread, though. It gives evidence that the photo was most likely not doctored.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Thanks for your comment. The only thing is that rockabilly came out as you stated, in the 50s. At that time rock and roll was mostly aligned with blues. I did some research about rock and roll, and wrote an article about that a while back on my blog.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I would really like it if you could post that picture on this thread. I'm actually not trying to prove this story. I can either prove it or disprove it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Timing

That's true about the sunglasses. There are always mom and pop businesses making all kinds of things. Good point!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

The points about everything else, besides the logo, is why I want to focus more on the logo. You can easily make the case that sunglasses or even his hairstyle existed back then. I think the key, however, is to at least attempt to track down the logo.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is the closest thing that I could find to the logo. It's a Macmillan Oil can. There are no Macmillan Oil T-shirts, though.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think what would be perfect is if somebody would recognize him (either from the past or now). And if he existed in the past, match up the photos.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by brazenalderpadrescorpio

Obvious photoshop.

Look at his nose.

So a film crew "finds" this in a museum?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Are you saying the film crew slipped it into the museum? This photograph was also, independently, found in some obscure Russian album (sorry for the vague statement; I have to research that).

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Seems as though it has been discussed...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I found this to be interesting...

Although everyone likes to believe in time travel stories, the members of the ATS, like “Outkast Searcher”, diligently noted, despite looking very modern the man’s outfit and even glasses and camera could be found in the 1940s.

www.zootpatrol.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

I couldn't look at that website (zoopatrol) that you linked to. My antivirus software blocked it. Most of those websites reference Wikipedia. There are a lot of holes to the Wikipedia entry about the hipster. I don't buy it. At least not their version of it. I'd buy it if it made more sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join