It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love you, ATS.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   
No, I'm not drunk.

Tonight my girlfriend and my stepdaughter were in a traffic accident. It was sort of weird the way it had happened. I had picked her up from work, and was driving home as she criticized my driving, implying I was driving like a jackass. I quipped back that everyone else was driving like a wild pack of idiots, and I was determined to get home. I dropped myself off at our place, and my girlfriend hopped in the drivers side and drove off with my 11 year old step daughter to attend a parent teacher interview (I had our 3 year old at home along with my 15 year old step daughter).

Not even 5 minutes later I got a call from the fire department that my girlfriend had been in a collision. Luckily she is ok and the little one escaped the ordeal without a scratch, but things could have been a lot worse. She is currently in the hospital and has had X-rays on her spine due to back pain suffered after the collision, as she was T-boned in the middle of an intersection while proceeding straight through a green light (while the other vehicle ran a red). Her x-rays showed no fractures and she is ok and cleared to come home (taking a taxi as I type this unfortunately, as we only have 1 vehicle and live in a big city, and our van was totaled).

Long story short, I am extremely grateful for my family. Even if they get on my nerves a lot (and I theirs), I am grateful to have them in my life and I love them. It could have gone the other way, and I could have lost two people I love dearly tonight. Which brings me to you:

I don't get along with some of you on certain subjects, and I may even offend some of you from time to time. Lord knows I have found myself ticked off at a few of you on occasion. But despite our differences, I appreciate each of you, for tomorrow you (or I) could be gone.

Appreciate your loved ones every day (and your fellow ATS'ers!)

-DS

edit on 26-2-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I'm relieved to hear that everyone is ok. I too appreciate everyone here, even those I may not always agree with. We are like an extended family and every one matters.

Thanks for appreciating us!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Synchronicity,

Today I was in a minor accident, the detalis are so similar to yours so I felt I must chime in.

I spent two hours waiting for the authorities to sort it out. During that time I thought about how much worse it could have been. I called Mrs. tanda7 3 times just to hear her voice laughing at me for being so sentimental.

I know exactly how you feel, I'm happy yours turned out well.

edit on 26-2-2014 by tanda7 because: sp

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Glad everyone is ok...

It seems everyone makes one of these threads eventually... I've come to love ATS over the years...

Its home

S&F

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph[/i

Glad everyones ok DeadSeraph. And there is a message for you in tonights events. 'Don't know what it is, but its for you to find out.

Hey...God Bless you all! MS

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

" Thanks, Bro! "

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I am glad everyone is ok. Those kind of phone calls sometimes do not end as well as yours did tonight. We tend to take the people in our lives for granted and things like this jolt us out of that complacency and our safety bubble. In those few brief seconds between "car wreck" and "everyone is ok", you remembered a million tiny little things that meant so much to you, but you were too busy to acknowledge them, too mad to let something petty go that happened beforehand, too "Not in the moment", etc.

We are all guilty of this far too often. It is awesome that you get to relive those memories with them, instead of them being painful memories that you sit with, alone on some sleepless night.

It was a wake up call, literally and figuratively.

edit on 2/26/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   
double post, sorry

edit on 27-2-2014 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   

No, I'm not drunk.

wish I could say the same

edit on 27-2-2014 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

I honestly thought it was a prank at first until I heard the sirens in the background during the call. The accident happened a few blocks down the road (which is why I got the call so fast) literally right across the street from the nearest fire station. I was pretty worried when I rounded the corner and saw the van since it was turned around about 160 degrees from the direction of travel and the drivers side front end was completely totaled. Just glad everyone is ok. My stepdaughter took the worst of it I think (despite walking away unscathed). She was absolutely terrified and sobbing.

We were just complaining about how the insurance company double billed us last month. Sure glad we have the bill to prove it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Glad to hear everyone is ok. Yes it could have been worse. We take life for granted all too often.

We love you too!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Good to hear that all are OK

I couldn't count the times I've seen ATS rally around
a member in need, it's a very special family to be a part
of.

One I'm proud to be included in.

Cody

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
glad the family is ok at the end of the day it is just a piece of metal that got injured and not your family you are lucky not to be stuck with massive medical bills or being a single dad of 3 all good

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Dude,
Sorry I hate it when I use the word dude......but so glad everyone is ok.

I had this happen a few years back.....my wife called crying...said they were in an accident but everyone was ok. She had our three sons with her at the time.

I was driving home and was only minutes away.....cops had to pull me back from beating some sense into the guy that hit her.

Make sure you give them all extra love....mine were pretty shaken up for about a week after.

thoughts and prayers are with you..
edit on 27-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Allways takes something like this to "put into perspective" being human. Glad your loved ones are fine. Peace OYM1262

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
We love you too !!!

Seriously, just went through this last week with my brother.

He lives out of town, get a call from his wife that he was in a head on collision on his
way to work and is now on the way to the hospital... that's all we knew at the time.

The longest hour ever, then finally a call that he's ok, just banged up a little.

So thankful and happy that your family is ok.

Best Wishes.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Glad everyone was okay, doesnt it just suck it takes that type of thing to get us to appriciate things? I guess sometimes we cant see the forrest for the trees.

Oh and love you too

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

She's going to be sore. Lots of soaking in a warm tub for her. Very glad to hear she's okay and hope she doesn't pick on your driving quite so much. There's nothing like a close one to remind us of the importance of all those little things in life, including people you've never met and sometimes might want to punch in the nose.

The feeling is mutual. You're definitely appreciated, too.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Appreciate your loved ones every day (and your fellow ATS'ers!)

Exactly why I attack some members...because I care.

So, I can relate...

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Ah, we love you too ya big lug!!!"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join