It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop shoots 70 year old man who was reaching for his cane.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Mikeultra
Yes, it is the new TETRA radios that are driving the cops insane. Probably intentional to make them kill more. Turn up the juice and they're just a murdering gang of psychopaths. www.tetrawatch.net...

I don't buy it.

Hire police with the IQ of an eggplant, give them a gun, badge, brainwash-quality-training and zero liability .... and you get gangbangers that believe they can get away with anything.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
So I just laid a rifle on the counter behind me, sat myself in a chair in front of it, reached around to pick it up as if reaching into the bed of a pickup through the little open sliding rear window and brought it through, turned it, swept it around to aim through the drivers side window.

Yeah, no reason whatsoever for that cop to shoot.

There is essentially infinite time for that cop to stop the motion by simply placing a hand on the old man. The cop would have to have stood there watching for 20 seconds before that rifle became a threat.

Unless that rifle was really really small and that 70 year old man was a ninja.

Cops do fear ninjas: Citing "ninja assasins" cops dont wear seatbelts

Oops, somehow I missed the part about him being out of the truck and reaching into the bed. Point still stands. It's a slow motion even for a young person. And shouldnt the cop have looked into the bed of the truck when approaching the drivers side from the rear? They're supposed to be alert and observant and all that crap, right? Did he think it was a rifle then?
edit on 27-2-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm not seeing a really good reason for him gunning down the old man. He had time to make a better call than unload his weapon.

I remember the older cops the ones that live down the street and knew every kids name at the bus stop. I'm not sure what they're training now at the academy but it isn't anything good. I'd like to know what their selection process is when selecting an instructor, cause it seems to me it needs to be rethought.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Maybe this is happening in the US as more cops are coming into the force after being shaped as youngsters by the 9/11 frenzy of fear. If they were, say, ten in 2001, and then put into the fear mode by the adults around them, they'd be 23 now and skittish. People in the U.S. have to learn to not move their hands very much when they see a cop approaching, but a 70 year old may not be aware of the uptick in stupid-cops shooting the people they are assigned to protect, and he's so lucky the guy was a lousy shot.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

And shouldnt the cop have looked into the bed of the truck when approaching the drivers side from the rear?

I thought the same.

At least he was a poor marksman. So he sees and long object and knows it is a rifle and the man has it in his hand? Otherwise, any long cargo in a truck bed can be considered a firearm and reason for deadly force just because it exists. Time for this guy to browse the rifle section of a sporting good catalog.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Maybe this is happening in the US as more cops are coming into the force after being shaped as youngsters by the 9/11 frenzy of fear

Maybe this is happening in the US as more cops are coming into the force after being shaped as young men by the military.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is the result of being the most incarcerated nation on Earth. There is a rapidly growing mutual distrust between the people and the enforcers. This cycle does not serve society in any positive way. Is it time to restore personal liberty?

Are we living a good life and pursuing our happiness, or are we merely enduring a boot camp-like conditioning? Confined by a rigid set of rules, laws, and regulations is not experiencing freedom. But perhaps by this point many are no longer capable of exercising good judgment in conducting their lives anymore and now require a rigid set of guidelines and a nanny to scold them when they cross those lines.

Living apart from basic freedoms does little to help develop a good sense of right and wrong, and moreover teaches us only to see how far we can push our boundaries. This is how we come to accept the conduct of viciousness and thuggery. I doubt anymore we are truly a happy society. I doubt with our multitude of laws and superlative system of justice we are even an orderly society and suggest we may likely be going the other direction.

edit on 27-2-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

oblvion

Quadrivium

Ektar
reply to post by Quadrivium

That is just crazy! Clover a very nice quaint small town & who would even think something
like this would go down. My sister lives there & it's a very quiet & peaceful beautiful area.
These shooting are happening way too often & it seems almost every day day now & they
need to stop.

Cheers
Ektar

I don't live terribly far from there myself.
I don't know if this is how they are training them now or what but I totally agree.
It needs to stop.
Quad

Police are being trained that their safety, and nobody elses is important. They are being trained to act aggressively any time someone does show instant compliance. They are being trained to be the exact opposite of what they were intended to be.

I fear the police more than I fear the the gang bangers or terrorists.

Thankfully it has not gotten that bad here as of yet. I don't fear most police officers but these youngsters they are training now are a different story.
As I said earlier, they think their word is law. Argue with them about your rights and you could get tazed or even worse shot.
edit on 27-2-2014 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

VERY INFORMATIVE ARTICLE that answers much of what we are seeing today of the GESTAPO POLICE STATE we are now embracing.

Murder By Cop: New State Sanctioned Zio Sport In America?

… by Preston James

Is America being transformed into GAZA II right before our eyes?
Has the phony zio run “War On Terror” been used as a means to mind-kontrol the local Police to view all non-police Citizens as either Terrorists, Domestic terrorists or potential Domestic terrorists? (1)

Are the shoulder-held constant-on police radios also being used to mind-kontrol many police. Do they entrain aggressive frequencies in their brains and stimulate semi-conscious, violent parietal lobe or temporal lobe psycho-motor seizures in many police leading to hundreds of unjustified murders and serious assaults of civilians?(2)

Anyone who compares current Police norms, policies and practices now from what they used to be twenty-five years ago, can easily conclude that high tech mind-kontrol , both cultural and psychotronic has been used by top policy-Makers who set the Police policies in the major departments. Obviously the sophistication of this mind-kontrol deployed in a background of the phony “War on Drugs”, 9/11 and the phony “War on Terror” has allowed a progressive implementation over a long period of time. This incremental deployment in such times of course has prevented most Police Officers from being aware of how they have been mind-kontroled . And few have studied such techniques in advance and this information is not readily available in the Controlled Major mass Media (CMMM).

edit on 27-2-2014 by Humiliatas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The cops, as with the government in general, simply are losing control of what they are supposed and designated to do as written by the people. When they go maverick on us creating more negative views on their behaviors than positive, that resentment gets filed away and brought forth easily when before there was more respect for their position.

Both of those areas will blame the citizen for acting out and self-causing whatever Hell they brought down on themselves. To some extent that is true, but the situation is not that simple. The situations with the police being more prone to pulling out a weapon and unleashing half a dozen bullets toward the, evidently, murderous villain is simply extreme overkill. No doubt about it according to the simple facts. And those simple facts get spread across the nation automatically spreading a poor image of how police operate more and more these days.

Government and police departments will argue that their training stipulates such actions. Where have we heard that before, "But sir/madam, it's store/company/government policy." When you hear that in your daily world, you don't say to them and yourself, "OK. That's fine. My mistake." No, you determine to not "shop" that place again and look for alternatives to the poor service you had received. And if you are later forced to use that same service at some point, your temper has already been charged as a natural response to earlier experience of yours and others.

One remedy that comes to mind is than anytime a totally innocent citizen is gunned down by a LEO, that office should be absolutely terminated and charged for at least man-slaughter. That is typically done in accidental types of civilian killings and no LEO should be exempt from the application of that law simply because they have a license to carry a weapon and work for some aspect of government.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

These cowards need to experience true fear and accountability.
The criminality starts at the top, thus, justice must start there.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Secret Military Training Blurs Line Between Police and Soldiers

Written by Joe Wolverton, II, J.D.

Secret Military Training Blurs Line Between Police and Soldiers

The article is thorough and informative and helps to further answer the questions posed by the thread and the OP. Take this in conjunction with the first article I posted and then throw in the serious threat posed to this nation by the presence of the Israeli's (read - Zionist controlled Mossad operatives) by means of stealth into the present training regimen(s) of our police forces throughout the land, and you then will readily perceive the danger this presents to us as a free nation. This Zionist presence is being facilitated through the auspices of AIPAC, the SPLC and the ADL for the most part.

1st para:

As the military transitions into a tech-heavy force, increasingly reliant on robots and drones, local police forces are looking less like law enforcement and more like heavily armored combat units. Now, it seems they are starting to train like them, as well.

A story published by The State newspaper in Columbia, South Carolina, reported on recent secret joint training missions between U.S. Army special forces and the Richland County (South Carolina) Sheriff’s Department.

The article describes training exercises being conducted by “unidentified units” from Ft. Bragg, North Carolina. Ft. Bragg is the home of the elite U.S. Army Special Operations Command (USASOC) and the super-secret, super-deadly Delta Force.

edit on 27-2-2014 by Humiliatas because: errorr

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
It is true that the cops are recruiting from the lowest, psychologically unqualified individuals to begin with. Add to that these new trendy communications gear that is worn up tight against their thick skulls. Have to keep up with the military. The result is something like Robo-Cop, very little humanity left over. Now add in the MindKontrol via frequency waves as a previous poster mentioned and you have an army of Borg-like killers...

www.tacticalcommandstore.com...
Liberator II skull implants.

edit on 27-2-2014 by Mikeultra because: link

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

100% agree.

It can be a very rewarding job, but at the same time it can be a dangerous job, this much at the very least is known by any applicant to the Police force.

To gun down a senior Citizen, or anyone for that matter because you feel threatened, is absolutely not any kind of justification whatsoever...if you ARE threatened, or in imminent danger of mortal injury or death, then yes of course the Police ought to protect themselves, with deadly force as a last resort.

This is getting out of hand...correction, this has gotten out of hand.

What next, a firefighter refusing to fight fires and rescue people in case they get injured?

A soldier refusing to go on patrol in case they might get shot at?

Where does this warped logic end?

Instead of murdering innocent people because some Police are frightened, surely it's simply a matter of leaving the Police and getting a safer career.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

I just read this story on it and thought it went along the same lines - must be hard for reporters not use sarcasm:

Cop Shoots Elderly Man Reaching For Cane

Of course, Deputy Knox had every right to be afraid. Disabled septuagenarians are, after all, the group most responsible for the deaths of deputies in the United States. It is also quite possible that Mr. Canipe was a domestic terrorist, making Deputy Knox’s uncontrollable terror all the more justified.

[...]

Still, if an old man with a cane represents a situation in which such violent panic must take place on the part of the Deputy, perhaps he should find a career that does not frighten him so much? Although police work itself is not as dangerous as media outlets and Law Enforcement agencies would have us believe, Deputy Knox would clearly be suited to a profession that does not involve real responsibility, a requirement to make quick decisions, or, obviously, the slightest bit of courage.

Lol - people say "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime"

I say "If you can't write a ticket without shooting unarmed old people - PICK a different CAREER!"

But of course, that's not what's really going on here...

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Cops are just too paranoid these days. They need to chill the hell out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join