It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Dog Device Ready to Hit Market Soon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Cool! I want one. But I think all I will hear from my dog all the time will be......ME WANT COOKIE>>>ME WANT COOKIE!

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"Please take this ridiculous gadget off my head!"

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

My poor sasha...i'd put it on her, and she'd lay straight down and not move an inch.

She won't wear anything. A collar, a sweater, flea/tick ointment (the kind you put on the back of the neck). She fancies herself a real wild child.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Battleline
This will make some people a little uneasy...especially when they find that there dog is smarter then they are.

10 years time and you may have dogs running for congress. at least in places like Texas and Arizona

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Aliensun
reply to post by abe froman

OMG! Please don't let them make one for cats. I know some cats that would rule the world in short order.
I'm not kidding!

Mine can already out smart most the family.....

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

sn0rch

You are curing cancer while you post on ATS no?

I was at one point? Do I get a cookie ?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

I'm pretty sure my dogs won't let me put that device on their heads. And if they did allow it, the female would spend a great deal of care to gnaw the device off the boys head.

Aside from that, it would be fun to discover what they are thinking when we're driving down to the river, or when we're on a long walk and they're smelling the "pee-mail" left for them by the other neighborhood dogs.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
nevermind….
edit on 2/27/2014 by howmuch4another because: redundant post

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That's what I was thinking. My dogs would shake and roll on the floor until they got that thing off their head. I think most dogs would do the same.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

crazyewok

Battleline
This will make some people a little uneasy...especially when they find that there dog is smarter then they are.

10 years time and you may have dogs running for congress. at least in places like Texas and Arizona

Well, in Terlingua we have a goat as mayor.

But for what its worth, I'd vote for my dog any day. For any national or state level election.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Where's the point in this?
Most dog owners know exactly what his dog is saying

Do dogs love us and miss us when we're not around? As a dog lover, it's easy to answer those questions with a resounding and unquestionable "Yes!" But, what do the data say?

Psychology Today contributor and Emory University neuroeconomics professor Gregory Berns provided an answer in a recent essay in the New York Times called "Dogs Are People, Too" and in his new book titled "How Dogs Love Us: A Neuroscientist and His Adopted Dog Decode the Canine Brain" (New Harvest, 2013). The works are based on research from the Dog Project, in which dogs are treated as persons and partook only if they wanted to. Both are must reads for everyone interested in nonhuman animal (animal) emotions.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381063768&sr=8-1&keywords=berns+dogs

"Hmmm, I love licking my ball"

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
"SQIRREL!"

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

abe froman
reply to post by soficrow

Yes but now your dog can use a voice recognition program and join ATS !

You got that one dude! LOL

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

nighthawk1954

abe froman
reply to post by soficrow

Yes but now your dog can use a voice recognition program and join ATS !

You got that one dude! LOL

Well I have this device and tested the prototype for 5 years now, The main problem so far is that 96% of all dogs tested say the word "BUTT" most of the time (that is the word we programmed, you could use A word too). Most common 6 things said-
1) my Butt itches
2) your Butt smells good
3) your Butt tastes good
4) I'll lick yours then you lick mine
5) smells like Butt- YUM !!!
6) This food tastes better than Butt

I can't list the things said about Poo, too gross, but numbers 7-12 most common things said have the word Poo in it, and number 13 to 20 contain the word "Hump". So the device probably won't make much money once everyone finally understands what dogs think about most of the time. Sorry to disappoint.... NOT !

The programmer used a Barry White voice for all male dogs and a Joan Rivers voice for all females, that part worked well, but we are now thinking we need to find other animals that have a wider range of thought patterns- we tried Chimps but got pretty much the same, though more use of the phrase "throw Poo" and many sarcastic comments on US Presidents which surprised us.

edit on 27-2-2014 by retsdeeps1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Too bad i dont care for dogs

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kodasaufa

Bite yer toong, lad! Maybe you haven't tried the right sort of dog yet.

I like pretty much any sort of animal, and I've had pretty much any sort of critter you can find in north Georgia as a pet at some point, from cows to 'coons. Except for a bobcat, and I really wanted one but my parents put their feet down on that and deer in the house. I could have a deer outside, and did, once. Having a semi-feral pet deer in north Georgia's a real heartbreaker.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join