It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Talking Dog Device Ready to Hit Market Soon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
From the article:

The operating system relies on sensors in the headset which detect electric signals in the dog's brainwaves. Technology from an in-built processing device then analyses the signal patterns and deciphers them into distinct feelings like anger, curiosity or tiredness.
Sample sentences such as “I’m hungry – but I don’t like this!” or "I'm curious who that is?" will be programmed into the device and emitted through a loudspeaker.

The device starts at $65 for the basic model up to $1200 for the top of the line version and can be pre-ordered now. I would imagine over time the expressible vocabulary will expand exponentially.

LINK

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   
This will make some people a little uneasy...especially when they find that there dog is smarter then they are.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by abe froman

"My groin itches"

"MAILMAN!!!"

"Get a look at that stud"

"Kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball, kick the ball."

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
i cannot wait to see what it comes up with when fido has its nose 6/ from another dogs crap sniffing away like mad

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Makes me think of my favorite line from Dr.Doolittle, when Eddie Murphy is about to go to bed with his wife the dog says "Hey I got a tip on a position for you!"

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I love it, but first thought is that of the scene from idiocracy,'and the brightest minds of the society spent their time on erection disorders'......this is what we are doing, really guys.......But the other immediate thought, ''There are some people that are going to get a shock about what is really going through Fido's head and who your daughter was with last night' Isn't technology fun.....double edged sword there.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't want my dog to sound like Stephen Hawking.
But I would like to know what he has to say for himself for trying to hump the chickens.

My dog I mean, not Steve

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm shocked no one is shocked this hasn't been done for cats first, but them feline lovers will say a cat's mind is way too complex for that. Or because they are aliens recording devices or some such... but...

I'm also shocked no one mentions that the guys who want to invent this dog-talking device are the inventors of THIS, a Pet Flying Carpet!!!... lol

It made me think of the movie with the computerized arm bracelet for a gorilla that could talk with his hands, well in sign language.
edit on 26-2-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-2-2014 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pointr97

I love it, but first thought is that of the scene from idiocracy,'and the brightest minds of the society spent their time on erection disorders'......this is what we are doing, really guys

Ha! This and that study about dogs aligning themselves magnetically to poop. I suppose it's probably more interesting and important than it sounds.

To me it seems like money would be better spent buying a book or taking a class about dog behavior. I've always thought dogs are far more intelligent than they're given credit for, but they really aren't all that complicated and I highly doubt this device is going to be any better at discerning what they're thinking than someone watching behavior. If it works any better than that I don't want one. I'm already fully aware my dog is smarter than me, I don't need him rubbing it in.

Imagine the blackmail potential too! "Hey Domo, gimme the sandwich or next time a lady comes over I'll tell her about all your weird and disgusting habits." The begging is bad enough.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I wonder how long its going to take the dog to take the english to dog translater for a little duck retreival out in a freezing swanp.
and leave it there

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Squirrel! SQUIRREL!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Awesome. It would be fun to mess with the voice on the collar. SQUIRREL!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   

999zxcv
i cannot wait to see what it comes up with when fido has its nose 6/ from another dogs crap sniffing away like mad

"Obama, is that you?"
edit on 2/26/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

OMG! Please don't let them make one for cats. I know some cats that would rule the world in short order.
I'm not kidding!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hmm wonder if they would sound like this?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I can't wait to get one of these for my dog. I can just imagine the things he would say would be hilarious, he's such a goofy dog. He chases his tail 4 or 5 times a day until he gets dizzy and falls over. It's a hoot to watch. It may go something like, "OMG! There's something on my BUTT! I have to get it, what is it.....oh noooooooo! Wait, just my tail. Hold on a minute, there's something on my BUTT OMG!!"

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

pointr97
I love it, but first thought is that of the scene from idiocracy,'and the brightest minds of the society spent their time on erection disorders'......this is what we are doing, really guys.......But the other immediate thought, ''There are some people that are going to get a shock about what is really going through Fido's head and who your daughter was with last night' Isn't technology fun.....double edged sword there.

I dunno im sure your contributions to the betterment of mankind will be far better than a fido-wotsit.

You are curing cancer while you post on ATS no?

Are you thinking what im thinking fido? NARF...

edit on 26-2-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   
While it would be a fascinating product it is important to note that the title of the article is a bit misleading...

The "Ready to Hit Market Soon" is way off. As far as I can tell they don't even have a working prototype yet. From their site:

...Right now we are only scraping the surface of possibilities; the project is only in its cradle. And to be completely honest, the first version will be quite rudimentary. But hey, the first computer was pretty crappy too....
Source

Although elsewhere on their site they say:

...The NoMoreWoof is just a working prototype, currently in version 3.2...

And a promotional video:

And the comments from them on the video:

...We would be surprised if we did not see significant breakthroughs, by us or others, in the next few years! But it IS important to note that we have no way of competing with $100 million taxpayer funded DARPA research. All we can hope for is to make small, if radically packaged, progress, use existing technology in a novel way (as our IndiegGoGo project clearly states) and to raise awareness of this technology.
Finally, we hope that we have CLEARLY (over-clearly some say) stated all over our presentation that we do not offer any products, and that we are far from any factory made perfect mindreading sets....

And the important bit:

...We have also launched a project on Indiegogo (google it!) where we ask for $10 000 funding of this project...

Uhuh... So, we're not likely to see the product any time soon.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ohmy. So now, people won't need to bond with their pets or get to know them - just take the handy-dandy hi-tech shortcut. I can hardly wait for the next model - "Talking Newborn Device," developed for mothers on the go who don't have time to get to know their babies.

But F&S for a great find

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yes but now your dog can use a voice recognition program and join ATS !

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join