It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia to provide weapons from Pakistan to Syrian opposition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Saudi source has announced on Sunday that Saudi Arabia is in the middle of negotiations with Pakistan regarding the purchase of anti-aircraft and anti-tank rockets in order to support Syrian rebels. For Saudi Arabia it is a way of helping Syria to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad. Initially the US position on proving arms to the rebels was negative due to the fear of those weapons easily falling into the hands of extremists. However, due to the failure of Geneva peace talks, it seems that Washington is ready to reconsider their position.

Saudi Arabia to provide weapons from Pakistan to Syrian opposition

This news is telegraphed to us from "Voice of Russia" reporting, and should be considered in that light, since we know that most countries' 'outreach' reporting can be source-traced to themselves.

Apparently, the Russian foreign Minister publicly said 'We are seriously concerned about the mass media reports citing gulfnews . com and saying that Saudi Arabia is willing to provide the Syrian opposition with MPADS and anti-tank systems made in Pakistan."

As the story unravels; we see that the folks over at "VoR" dug a bit deeper and created an interesting story about Pakistan manufacturing, Jordan housing, and Saudi Arabia paying for weapons destined for the hands of "Syrian Opposition Forces." - (This according to the original piece in gulfnews . com, here.

Rather than looking to debate the obvious issues which fill the region with the strife, I was wondering..., how can this conflict ever be managed as long as we are willing to keep killing over it? And what is it that everyone fears so much that makes a peaceful settlement unreachable?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Resolving this conflict is difficult.

Money of course is the main reason.

Russia wants the conflict to continue indefinitely to prevent *Any* natural gas pipelines to Europe.

Saudi Arabia/Qatar want their NG pipeline to Europe but not the one proposed by Syria-Iran; reasons - the Shia-Sunni Islam arguments and it would pipe Iranian NG.

Syria-Iran want their pipeline (through Iraq) but they are all Shia.

Saudi/Qatar are Sunni.

That's just the basic problems.

Very complicated.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The big question here is why?

Why are they fuelling a war where only the innocent women and children are the losers?

I have no opinion for or against Assad, because I don't know enough of him. But from what I new of Syria before all this conflict broke out, it seemed like a much happier and safer place to live tha it is today.
edit on 26-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

markosity1973
The big question here is why?

Why are they fuelling a war where only the innocent women and children are the losers?

Way to earn my respect with spades!

Ultimately, if we strip away the horse manure, why would an entire nations force be applied to the wanton and fairly indiscriminate killing of huge segments of a population. War, when the institution was used to conquer, had a rationale that seems entirely betrayed by its modern application.

Most anyone, I would guess, can appreciate the idea that the idea of being prepared is so you don't get surprised... inasmuch as a standing army has to exist if the people exist as an institutional whole. But what we are seeing is oddly displaced, unless the objective's demonstrably lead to the maceration of a sub-culture, or perhaps, it's decimation (more than occasionally quite literally.)

The perpetuators of such circumstance as to promote destruction must be aware of the heinous nature of "culling the heard" mentality which has to exist to believe that only thus can he achieve lasting peace. In such a light your question has more validity than my own.

Why is it always the disaffected who are crushed by war?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Saudi's have made it clear they want Assad gone. They've warned Putin in the past to stop backing him. Now they'll use their pipeline of blackmarket arms dealers to smuggle weapons to the rebels. (by "pipeline of blackmarket arms dealers" I mean Al Qaeda.)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer
.... (by "pipeline of blackmarket arms dealers" I mean Al Qaeda.)

Thank you kindly for nailing the board to the hull!

This black market sure has lots of economic influence, doesn't it?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Its so much more to the Saudis.....Their wells are being depleted and nobody really knows their sum total supply...(They keep their cards close to the chest)
But the natural gas is available in plenty....so...the less oil...the more determined they'll be.....
The religious war has been going on since Imam Ali fell down the well so to speak....It wont be over till the fat lady sings....
I expect that Iran/Saudi ambitions for hegemony over there....will eventually result in war going very hot....
I think it will drag the kit and caboodle of em into it too.....Unless the west gets into it as proxy for the Saudis...
With leviathan gas field off Cyprus being developed...the whole confict could be a moot point...but that involves Greece and turkey going at it first.....(this includes Israel too as they have their own gas that could be shipped as well now, and have contracted with Cyprus to develop leviathan.......but that involves a conflict with Lebanon whose ocean partly contains the same field as Israels....
All to supply Europe....which probably wont be able to buy a plugged nickel, the way their economies are going anyways....
Lots of bodies for dubious profits coming up soon....
edit on 27-2-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-2-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I have had the somewhat dubious honour of being a tourist in a war zone. - I was in Bosnia a few miles from the front line in 1993. So I've seen first hand the absolute heart wrenching scenes of women and children fleeing war with literally only what they can carry.

No human should ever have to suffer like that.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The civil war in Syria, whose Alawite regime Saudi Arabia's Sunny monarchy has long plotted against, and the prospect of a war with Shiite Iran over its reported drive to acquire nuclear weapons, preoccupy Riyadh while, Abdallah, Canute-like, strives to keep the democratic wave from breaking on its shores. Read more: www.upi.com...

Saudi Arabia now "has the opportunity to regain its leading role" in the region after it "subsided in favor of Iran and Turkey following the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and the U.S. invasion of Iraq," in 2003, observed political analyst Abdullah al-Shummari. Read more: www.upi.com...

I don't think its complicated.

The ME is the real life version of Game of Thrones.

Nothing, but a bunch of people using other people to get ahead, and it really doesn't matter who they eff along the way.

We have the House of Saud.

We have the house of Iran.

We have the House of Russia.

And other Houses.

At the end of the day in the ME Saudia Arabia, and Iran is the root cause of the problems.

With their centuries old act of playing Pinky, and the Brain trying to take over the world.
edit on 27-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Two things ...

1 - Thank God it's not us doing it. Obama and McCain failed in their effort to drag us in.

2 - I don't understand why they are supporting the terrorist-rebels. Are they appeasing the croc in hopes the thugs won't go after them (the Saudi Royals) once they are done taking over Syria???? I don't get it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

neo96

At the end of the day in the ME Saudia Arabia, and Iran is the root cause of the problems.

You forgot House Isreal.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

FlyersFan
Two things ...

1 - Thank God it's not us doing it. Obama and McCain failed in their effort to drag us in.

But the USA give Saudi arabia Money and Weapons

so maybe your not doing it directly.....

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

crazyewok

FlyersFan
Two things ...

But the USA give Saudi arabia Money and Weapons

so maybe your not doing it directly.....

And so does the U.K. So you too are a killer.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

thesaneone

And so does the U.K. So you too are a killer.

Nope no more than you. But our goverments are.

I was just pointing out how it works.

Dunno why your turning it into a UK verse USA thing

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

2 - I don't understand why they are supporting the terrorist-rebels.

Sunni/Shia:

2 sects within Islam vying for dominance

Saudi backs AQ- the biggest reason we should add the House of Saud to the 'state sponsor'' of terrorism

Iran back Hamas, Hezbollah that is the reason they are on the 'state sponsor' of terrorism.

Neither Saudia Arabia or Iran have the balls to go after each other directly which is why they go elsewhere like Syria.

The west backs Saudia Arabia for some asinine reason.

The east (Russia,China) backs Iran.

At the end of the day.

Sunni/Shia 'terrorists' are nothing but their version of 'Black Water' when they both want to fatten their bank accounts,

Russia fattens it's bank accounts with arms sales, and oil.

For some strange reason most of the animosity is directed at the West, but it should be directed at BOTH East/WEST equally.

That's my opinion of the 'why'.

I am sure other opinions will vary.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I'm not. I'm just pointing out that it's not just America giving money to these countries but when I read your responses to some of these threads you tend to highlight America as the only bad boy on the block.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

thesaneone
reply to post by crazyewok

I'm not. I'm just pointing out that it's not just America giving money to these countries but when I read your responses to some of these threads you tend to highlight America as the only bad boy on the block.

Well ok America, UK and France lets be fair then

I just thought Britain would have gone without saying as UK and USA military intrests are 99.99999% joined.

new topics

top topics

join