It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ego/Pride vs selflesness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
What if ego truly is pride? Pride makes you talk about yourself.

Pride makes you decide things going against the will of others.

Being proud is being rebellious.

What's more to pride than approving the feeling of guilt?
You should feel guilty about guilt, you should repent your guilt.
I think pride to be experiencing guilt as a life force, as a motivator to do more wrong, it seems a wicked stance towards guilt, to intentionally go forth on a wrong idea about guilt. To find it good to wrong, and to find it wrong to do good. Twisted,.. wicked..

Ego is a set of wrong convictions. And egotistical people seek approval of others. They even try to make others the same as them. Yet, according to some scripture, they pave their own road to a bad abide, to a place of Fire.

How deep does the rabbithole go? How clever is the deception? To find out to what degree you've been deceived, is to gain.. enlightenment?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

You are SOOO far off in your analysis, that Im going to address only the 1st couple of statements you made.

"What if ego truly is pride?" Ego is nowhere near pride. There are pride-ful people who have no obvious ego. And there are egotistical people who are certainly not proud.

"Pride makes you talk about yourself." Ridiculous. I know many very proud people who sy nothing about themselves because they dont need to. Thats called being "humble".

"Pride makes you decide things going against the will of others." What? Nonsense. Its not even clear what you are trying to get across here.And if you dont get that...Im not going any further because I think your entire thread here is so way off, that no matter what I say...you are not going to get it.

Sorry.

Being proud is being rebellious.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

First define what it means to "do good" and what it means to "do wrong." I'd really like to know what you consider actions that we should feel guilty about and actions that we should be happy to do.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I guess you choose to remain a stranger to me then.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Don't you have a conscience? Isn't what I said self-evident?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I'll stick to the old saying....a prideful man is a starving man.
Pride can keep you from good opportunities....like say for instance,you are offered a job at McDonalds but you say no because you think you are better than that.
Fine....go starve than.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

That's fine and is additionally wrong...You choose to remain a stranger. Not very Christian, eh? Must be your ego....

You really need to get out more and experience life to work out those misconceptions youre under. Good Luck here...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Dictionary terminology:
Ego:a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
Pride: 1.a feeling or deep pleasure or satisfaction derived from one's own achievements, the achievements of those with whom one is closely associated, or from qualities or possessions that are widely admired.
"the team was bursting with pride after recording a sensational victory"
2.a pack of lions.

Pride/Ego can become a great thing, so long as it doesn't become vain. It can give one self-confidence in their abilities that other would not feel comfortable with, and vice-versa. Just as long as the ego not hyper inflated, less they make themselves be the jack ass, or even one/or others killed in certain scenarios.
Know your limits type of deal.
Sometimes, it more selfish to take away one ego, while it would be more selflessness to go a better way to develop an ego.

Ego a sword with two edges, as well as a coin with two sides.

edit on 26-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

O there is so much pride in his statements.
I could taste it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   

How did what I say offend you? Must have been your ego/pride. I never intented to put a stake through it. Try to temper it when it sticks its head up, alright? You come over as combustionate otherwise.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

So what you're saying is it is somehow like a fire you make in the Woods when you are camping.

It's a fire and a danger, but if you use if for cooking it's not a big deal, you just need to make sure the forest doesn't turn into ashes because of it, yet you use some wood of the forest to make it, so actualy you did burn some of it.

Look at MS's reply above.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

oktopus

That's a cop out answer. What pangs my conscience with guilt may not pang your conscience with guilt and vice-versa.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I guess I won then. Whatever suits you best.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

oktopus

Yes and no.

Its self evident if a consciousness that interprets its own perceptions as you do,

as most have individual interpretations of their own perceptions what you said isn't as self evident as it is to you,

This is why questions are asked.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

I guess I won then.

What game were you playing to begin with?

Why are you playing games without at least informing readers your playing games.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by oktopus

You could look at it like a campfire, when under proper management, its a blessing and a light in the dark.
So long as the flame doesn't get to big and wild, to the point it will eventually consume the forest and quite possibly the ignorant campers too.

It like what Smokey the Bear said, "only you can prevent forest fires".

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Jeremiah 9:23-24.
This is what the Lord says: “Let not the wise man boast of his wisdom or the strong man boast of his strength or the rich man boast of his riches, but let him who boasts boast about this: that he understands and knows Me, that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the Lord.

top topics

join