It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Oil hijacks ATS!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
This forum is to point out, what I think, is the oil and coal lobby using our curiosity and open minded ness against us.

I'm referring to global warming or climate change whatever you prefer.

There are many awesome alternative theories. The electric universe theory, for one. But it seems to me that us conspiracy theorists are being used by the worlds biggest polluters. I'm all for alternate theories. But can't people see there using climate change deniers to get deregulation so they can continue dumping stuff we all know is bad into our air and water. Even if CO2 isn't what's causing the planet to heat up.

There's no Conspiracy theory guy I've ever met who isn't a environmental conservationist.

So how do we put forth alternative theories, and not be co-oped by Koch brothers type people?

I really think. If climate change is the truth. Then part of the blame for the public not reacting has to fall on our shoulders.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

ArtemisE
This forum is to point out, what I think, is the oil and coal lobby using our curiosity and open minded ness against us.

I'm referring to global warming or climate change whatever you prefer.

There are many awesome alternative theories. The electric universe theory, for one. But it seems to me that us conspiracy theorists are being used by the worlds biggest polluters. I'm all for alternate theories. But can't people see there using climate change deniers to get deregulation so they can continue dumping stuff we all know is bad into our air and water. Even if CO2 isn't what's causing the planet to heat up.

There's no Conspiracy theory guy I've ever met who isn't a environmental conservationist.

So how do we put forth alternative theories, and not be co-oped by Koch brothers type people?

I really think. If climate change is the truth. Then part of the blame for the public not reacting has to fall on our shoulders.

Pro Gay has hijacked ATS
Pro Gun Control has hijacked ATS
Pro Abortion has hijacked ATS
Pro big pharma has hijacked ATS
Pro Atheism has hijacked ATS
Pro Big Government has hijacked ATS

edit on 26-2-2014 by UxoriousMagnus because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

I'm not sure what forum you've been going to -- but I continually see more conservative/anti-Obama threads on ATS. I can't even post something mildly supportive of the current administration without being raked over the coals.

It's fine though, when the GOP/Republicans have a man in the White House or both the House/Senate -- we'll see more liberal, pro-democrat threads. It's just how things work, it goes in cycles. I've been around ATS long enough to see it.

When Bush Jr. was president, if you supported him you were certainly in the minority. Every day we'd see threads about how Bush was going to declare martial law or cancel the elections.
edit on 26-2-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

MystikMushroom
reply to post by UxoriousMagnus

I'm not sure what forum you've been going to -- but I continually see more conservative/anti-Obama threads on ATS. I can't even post something mildly supportive of the current administration without being raked over the coals.

It's fine though, when the GOP/Republicans have a man in the White House or both the House/Senate -- we'll see more liberal, pro-democrat threads.

I was really just joking.....there are threads about everything....both sides....that's all I was really trying to say....but I had to laugh as you are right....I put all liberal leaning things up there.

on another note....what is there that is positive to say about this administration? Or the one before it? Or the one before it?

I think you have to go all the way back to JFK to find anything

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

But can't people see there using climate change deniers to get deregulation so they can continue dumping stuff we all know is bad into our air and water.

I don't think so.
While I believe that the climate change is something that has been ongoing for 10's of thousands of years, I still fight to stop them from polluting.

You can still separate the two.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The problem is that being a "climate change denier" does not mean that they approve of polluting, and all the people cant force these petrol-coal companies to stop polluting anyways. Only the EPA and government bodies can make the polluters STOP.

So this means that the whole charade with the people in agreement with climate change and climate change deniers is a FAKE false thing being perpetrated. Since none of them can actually stop the polluting. (except to stop all transportation if they want to include that too) Al Gore won't even do that).

To prove this let me start by saying that even if every single person agreed that climate change is caused by pollution from man, WE CANT STOP IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only the Gol Damn lying and conniving government can make these companies stop polluting.

Perhaps the citizenry is expected to take the laws into our own hands? Is this what our government is telling us?

Or are they telling us something deceptive to make us pay them more money? Yes, I think that must be it.

THE ENTIRE THING IS A LIE TO DIVIDE AND CONQUER AND THEN TAX THE EVER LOVING PEE OUT OF EVERYONE.

@ Mystikmushroom I guess this is even one more of those haha!

But seriously, who else can make pollution stop coming out of those coal plants and such?
edit on 26-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

I am a skeptic about GW, yet I am also a strong proponent of electric car and the stopping of pollution.

Not because you weren't convicted guilty of a crime means that you can make a crime.

edit on 26-2-2014 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
what paid posters on the internet _ never
well thats my 2 cents

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You ever see the episode of family guy where Brian befriends G.W.bush? It makes the point that us conspiracy peeps always go against power. No. Matter how bad the opposition party.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The most vocal of all the people nagging about this problem are telling the wrong people to do something about it..

If you want to blame the correct groups of people that have the power to do something to stop pollution, it would be wise to tell Obama, Harry Reid, that idiot Pelosi and the retards running the EPA and L&I. They could do a lot more about green house gas emissions and carbon being added to the atmosphere than any citizen could, right or wrong?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

This quote was the downfall of your OP!

You failed to mention George Soros while vilifying the Koch brothers. Why? While I firmly believe the US government has been bought and paid for and prostituted more than any enslaved female in the worlds most busy brothels by those with the most money, I find it very dishonest to promote a political agenda and leave out the fact that the "other side" is bought and paid for as well!

I'll leave you with this question.

"If the current scientists whom are supporting climate change and taxing people as a means of solving the problem are to be taken seriously, then how in the hell do you explain the "Farmers Almanac" to be more accurate at predicting the weather than these so called "experts"?????

For science to be taken seriously, all variables must be taken into account. All I see being done by the so called experts whom tow the government story, is that they selectively choose the variables that support their theory!

Until science becomes honest, this argument is as ridiculous as proving that God does or does not exist.....

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I can't even post something mildly supportive of the current administration without being raked over the coals.

Hee hee, sorry about that Mystic.

OP I have to disagree with the Hijack idea. When people put out threads like climate change etc, they are going to be questioned, cross examined and maybe even grilled on the subject, just human nature and who we are. No big oil hijackers here that I've seen.

Exxon where's my check?!
edit on 927pm4848pm32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think one would be best served to look at the rapid deforestation of this planet for if there is a substantial indication toward climate change. The oil companies are scapegoats, but what happens when there is little vegetation left to filter our emissions?? Maybe a simple brainstorming session on a replacement for toilet paper is in order??

Nah....let's raise taxes and dole out Carbon Credits

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

ArtemisE

You ever see the episode of family guy where Brian befriends G.W.bush? It makes the point that us conspiracy peeps always go against power. No. Matter how bad the opposition party.

That was Rush Limbaugh BTW.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Goldcurrent
Maybe a simple brainstorming session on a replacement for toilet paper is in order??

I believe the ancient Romans used sponges on sticks.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

seeker1963

This quote was the downfall of your OP!

You failed to mention George Soros while vilifying the Koch brothers. Why? While I firmly believe the US government has been bought and paid for and prostituted more than any enslaved female in the worlds most busy brothels by those with the most money, I find it very dishonest to promote a political agenda and leave out the fact that the "other side" is bought and paid for as well!

I'll leave you with this question.

"If the current scientists whom are supporting climate change and taxing people as a means of solving the problem are to be taken seriously, then how in the hell do you explain the "Farmers Almanac" to be more accurate at predicting the weather than these so called "experts"?????

I don't think that the OP will answer you. Just another Administrative progressive shill.

It wasn't even well thought out.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I remember during the BP well blow out in the Gulf of Mexico there were plenty of BP apologist and supporters that appeared out of nowhere and disappeared when the crisis cooled down never to make another thread or post.

Of course their are corporate and government shills and disinfo agents on all social media sites.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
odd....
edit on 26-2-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
What you're observing are the results of the conditioning imposed on the public by agenda-driven groups and individuals.

Everything is broken down into 2 sides. Divide and conquer. Then each side is labeled, vilified, demonized, patronized, persecuted or ridiculed until the other side caves in, assimilates or goes away.

Some Examples:
Repub vs Democrat
Gun control
Birth control
Homo vs Hetero
Rich & Poor
Immigration

edit on 26-2-2014 by TXRabbit because: spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
My thoughts on this....It doesn't matter what the people think, Gov't and all their big business cronies will continue to do what they want with impunity.

Vote them out you say...if the votes are even counted the lobbyist will corrupt anybody new. Money, sex, drugs, blackmail and I wouldn't doubt threats on families would occur if a new congressman/senator didn't tow the line.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join