It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Extremist's given whole life term for Soldier's murder

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Lee Rigby murder: Adebolajo and Adebowale sentenced

Michael Adebolajo has been ordered to spend the rest of his life in prison for the murder of soldier Lee Rigby in Woolwich, south-east London.

Adebolajo, 29, and Michael Adebowale, 22, drove into Fusilier Rigby with a car before hacking him to death in May last year.

Adebolajo was given a whole-life term; Adebowale was ordered to serve at least 45 years.

Horrific crime and i'm glad they have been punished to the full extent of British law. I honestly believe these men deserve to die for their actions. No place in this world for this barbarism. I hope they rot to death in their cells.

His excuse for hacking a young father to death in broad daylight? He is "a soldier of Allah". Sickening that these attitudes are prevalent in a country which offer's asylum to thousands of Muslims every year. Although i have to say most Muslims in this country that i know respect our laws and are appalled by this crime there does seem to be an ever growing division below the surface.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They will get wat they deserve in jail

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by robbeh

Protection from prison security and no doubt isolated from the general population? Would love them to be fed to the wolves but the preferential protection afforded to pedophiles, child killers etc. suggest these two may very well escape the justified wrath of angry inmates. Here's hoping a guard can be persuaded to turn the other way while real justice can be served on these animals.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

Good, I don't believe in the death penalty normally but what these "animals" did to that poor man has changed my mind.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Just seen there's a duplicate thread in breaking alternative news. Can a mod close one of them or merge the two? Apologies for creating another thread, didn't see this as alternative news so didn't even check that forum.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

GrenadeHere's hoping a guard can be persuaded to turn the other way while real justice can be served on these animals.

Fight fire with fire?

So, what makes your thoughts any worse than their thoughts? Their wrath came from what they felt was a greater sense of what is right, as is your desire to see the blooding of a fellow human being.

People whom feel they are in the right...never are when the conclusion is that someone must be hurt or die.

He murdered someone because he felt it was the right thing to do...so we must murder him, because it is the right thing to do.
See the issue?

I say he got the perfect sentence. End of the day, once he is done praying, once he is done talking to friends and boosting himself up about what he did, he will stop and eventually reflect on his life and actions, and then someday in the future it will hit him what he has done. That day, any and all beatings man could inflict on him are nothing compared to what he may feel about himself.

Or not, he may never come to that realization, he may forever think he was doing gods work and won't consider the greater impact, but beating him up or shooting him will only make him feel more like a warrior anyhow. Best to leave someone like that contained and alone...insult their "sacrifice" by just walling up and forgetting them.

But yeah, never join monster mentality lest you become the monster yourself.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Your argument is totally flawed.

These two men brutally attacked and murdered a serving British soldier and attempted to behead him in broad daylight in the country he serves to protect, leaving behind a widow and infant child. They had no justification for their actions, this man was a total stranger to them on his way to work in his own country, abiding by it's laws.

They fully deserve any and all punishment that comes their way, up to and including violence from fellow in-mates as they had no consideration for the impact of their actions on Mr Rigby and his family. I would suggest his family will have to go through more mental torture and anguish than these two scumbags will face in their well equipped cells, protected by officers paid for with my tax contributions.

By advocating a suitable punishment for a brutal crime I am now tarred with the same brush as a religious extremist who murdered one of my fellow citizens?

For the record i never called for anyone to be murdered, your putting words in my mouth. Maybe as someone suggested earlier the BEAST at whatever prison they end up in can make them squeal. In certain cases i do feel capital punishment is a realistic option, especially when it comes to the abuse and murder of children. If they are willing to take an innocent life without any real justification then they should be expected to lose their own as a consequence.

edit on 26/2/14 by Grenade because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If you actually read the case, in the defendants own opinion he should be sentenced to death as a result of his actions.

I find it highly offensive that you have suggested i have anything in common with these men. Justifying murder in the name of God is the lowest form of human behavior.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Grenade
By advocating a suitable punishment for a brutal crime I am now tarred with the same brush as a religious extremist who murdered one of my fellow citizens?

And your fellow citizens paved the way for many of their religious brothers and sisters to get murdered, therefore they were seeking out a suitable punishment in their views.

See the issue, violence begets violence, eye for an eye leave the world blind, etc etc etc.

Law is not meant for vengeance, its for justice and protection of the citizens. What you seek in your desires is vengeance, and that is the lowest part of the brain..it is exactly where they were reacting from when they did their actions..hard to scream at a monster when your the same.

I think lots of armchair warriors on the net are all talk overall. they vent out their demons online so that they let steam blow off. I know vengeance, my brother was murdered. I know also how dark that vengeance made me for years. I know this. the person whom murdered him has since had a miserable life...not because he went to prison for lengthy times or anything (2 years), but because his mind was stuck.

Vengeance is a dark reptilian reduction of the human mind. I recommend not feeding it. Justice and protection. hell, pity and sympathy for this fool..what a terrible mistake he made and now their entire lives gone because of their own vengeance clouding their higher reasoning.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Grenade

If you actually read the case, in the defendants own opinion he should be sentenced to death as a result of his actions.

The defendants rarely count in their opinions of what they deserve. killers have opinions that they should be free, and minor crimes by truly repentant think they should be raked across the coals forever.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
at $48.000 per year minimum each in a uk jail plus they will get a special menu because they are muslim

go the taxpayer plus they will pay to keep the wives and many children of those two men safe /schooled etc etc

how much is a bullet again $1 .40 each bet the cops that shot them wish they were better shots now

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

Hi 999, it actually costs on average £40,000 per prisoner per annum in the UK which equates to $66584.00.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Again, I am nothing like these men, I am by no means perfect however i'm certainly not a brutal murderous psychopath. It's my opinion there is no place on Earth for pedophiles, rapists and murderers. I don't think I'm alone in my opinion either so maybe you should take a step down off that high horse of yours. Those who pray on the innocent and vulnerable deserve any and all punishment available up to and including death. Their actions are completely inexcusable and unjustified and nothing you say will change my opinion about that. Obviously you are an extremely patient and forgiving man for which i congratulate you but you cant go around making blanket statements or stereotyping people for voicing their thoughts.

I'm sorry to hear about your brother, please accept my sincere condolences.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

My citizens paved the way for many of their religious brothers and sisters to be killed? To start with religion is a complete joke and if they had any consideration for their fellow man we wouldn't be having this conversation. Religious brothers and sisters (thats the problem right there), being brainwashed by the same fantasy doesn't make someone my brother.

I don't remember any vote on the wars in the middle east, in fact i attended several protests against the war, along with tens of thousands of others. The only people who are responsible for these wars are politicians and international bankers. The general population of the UK wanted nothing to do with these wars. Soldiers have no choice to follow orders so Lee Rigby was just doing his job.

I honestly can't believe you are defending these two. Especially when considering your beliefs with regard to violence. I can only assume you are Muslim?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

I find it highly offensive that you have suggested i have anything in common with these men. Justifying murder in the name of God is the lowest form of human behavior.

from your OP

I honestly believe these men deserve to die for their actions.

You want them die, they want you die.

How are you different?

You both are/were using your own interpretation of the laws you both abide by.

But you think your laws not harsh enough now and say how his laws which allow killing are low.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

I honestly can't believe you are defending these two.

Please quote anyone that has defended these two and their actions.

This is what Saturn said

I say he got the perfect sentence. End of the day, once he is done praying, once he is done talking to friends and boosting himself up about what he did, he will stop and eventually reflect on his life and actions, and then someday in the future it will hit him what he has done. That day, any and all beatings man could inflict on him are nothing compared to what he may feel about himself. Or not, he may never come to that realization, he may forever think he was doing gods work and won't consider the greater impact, but beating him up or shooting him will only make him feel more like a warrior anyhow. Best to leave someone like that contained and alone...insult their "sacrifice" by just walling up and forgetting them. But yeah, never join monster mentality lest you become the monster yourself.

Take this advice and true words and learn from them, or not.

Applause to SaturnFX for this quoted above,

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

InhaleExhale
reply to post by Grenade

from your OP

I honestly believe these men deserve to die for their actions.

You want them die, they want you die.

How are you different?

You both are/were using your own interpretation of the laws you both abide by.

But you think your laws not harsh enough now and say how his laws which allow killing are low.

I'm different because i haven't ran over a total stranger then proceeded to cut off his head in public.

Totally ridiculous reasoning from both of you.

I'm suggesting punishment for a crime, what crime have i or Lee Rigby committed?

If i ever go out and brutally murder an innocent man then i deserve the same punishment regardless of my reasoning or hatred toward a religious group.

Also, where does it justify killing in his laws? If that was the case Islamic faith would be outlawed in this country.

edit on 27/2/14 by Grenade because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Grenade
I honestly can't believe you are defending these two. Especially when considering your beliefs with regard to violence. I can only assume you are Muslim?

I am not defending them, and no, not muslim. Ag-Atheist actually if we must use labels.

I am simply showing that if you see a monster, your not required to become one yourself to deal with them. Wishing harm on someone whom has done harm to teach them that doing harm is wrong is self defeating at best, and ultimately is not justice or civil protection, it is vengeance..vendettas settled and the like, which was their motivation also.

I think rising above the apes and locking them away while dismissing everything they stood for, everything they tried to accomplish, and basically forgetting their efforts is far more appropriate. Vengence and the like comes from someone whom controls your emotional state. Law shouldn't be about emotions, it should be cold hard facts and whatever the need is to protect society from criminals. Sometimes this is minimal, in the case of these monsters, walled up and ignored as anything special.
Al Capone because very depressed and died quickly in prison when he realized that guards and the like didn't care one way or another about him..just another number, another failed life. This was worse than if he was hated and sneered at / beaten daily. At least if someone is beating on you, you know you affected their person, you got under their skin, you accomplished something. dismissed is highly insulting, and also in this case, the appropriate response to murderers whom do so to show a point.
Life in prison, wither away into nothingness.

I couldn't care less about those two. I just don't like that people like them create more monsters by their actions than what we lock up. Vengeance grows and comes out in many ways, making the world a little bit crappier everytime someone holds onto it.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

SaturnFX

Grenade

I am not defending them, and no, not muslim. Ag-Atheist actually if we must use labels.

I am simply showing that if you see a monster, your not required to become one yourself to deal with them. Wishing harm on someone whom has done harm to teach them that doing harm is wrong is self defeating at best, and ultimately is not justice or civil protection, it is vengeance..vendettas settled and the like, which was their motivation also.

I think rising above the apes and locking them away while dismissing everything they stood for, everything they tried to accomplish, and basically forgetting their efforts is far more appropriate. Vengence and the like comes from someone whom controls your emotional state. Law shouldn't be about emotions, it should be cold hard facts and whatever the need is to protect society from criminals. Sometimes this is minimal, in the case of these monsters, walled up and ignored as anything special.
Al Capone because very depressed and died quickly in prison when he realized that guards and the like didn't care one way or another about him..just another number, another failed life. This was worse than if he was hated and sneered at / beaten daily. At least if someone is beating on you, you know you affected their person, you got under their skin, you accomplished something. dismissed is highly insulting, and also in this case, the appropriate response to murderers whom do so to show a point.
Life in prison, wither away into nothingness.

I couldn't care less about those two. I just don't like that people like them create more monsters by their actions than what we lock up. Vengeance grows and comes out in many ways, making the world a little bit crappier everytime someone holds onto it.

I don't want vengeance or hold any personal grudge. I wan't a deterrent to protect the innocent and remove those who pray on them from our society. Instead I and my fellow tax payer will foot the bill for their incarceration.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

flammadraco
reply to post by 999zxcv

Hi 999, it actually costs on average £40,000 per prisoner per annum in the UK which equates to $66584.00.

wow that is some money that the taxpayer picks up yet they only spend $3 a day on food for them

top topics

<<   2 >>

join