It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wrong Division?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Bill Hits the nail on the head with this little sermon...

Most people are Fed the news based on what you've clicked on in the past

At least members of ATS get the news from all areas of the globe... while its true we also get a lot of BS here too...

I've found in many cases because of ATS I get the news from around the world before most do...

Mainly because our forum is "user generated content" unlike what you'll get from most major search engines

Enjoy

**Language Warning**

edit on 26-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I can't tell you how many times, I've read a new news event here before it's hit the MSM. Often times, there is a thread on breaking news here, over 24 hours before it's in the regular news sources on TV.

I've even seen pics posted here first, used in *breaking* news stories on MSM. One time when I called a network news station to verify content from a story posted here, I was told the station had a team of desk reporters who do nothing but search for breaking stories from forums such as ATS.

User content generated forums, are the breaking news wave of the future. Due to smart phones and internet, we do get the news first hand, they piggy back from places like ATS.

Des

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

yup I agree...

I can't count how many times my GF or room mate have said "hey did you hear about...................."

And I say, ya I read about it this morning.... or last night

We do get the news first...

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Wow - I just watched over 4 minutes of over-the-top liberal cheerleader Bill Maher! Without hitting the pause button to puke for a minute or punching a hole in my monitor! I really can't stand him at all (or any other political cheerleader on either side for that matter). Seriously, the guy really disgusts me with his pompous opinions that he calls facts - but this little 4 minute video, I...actually agree with him.

Not the few idiotic barbs he has to include about the republicans and their cheerleaders - that was not really necessary to the point he was making, but I guess all political cheerleaders need to pander.

So, barring the pandering, Bill Maher made an astute point about the self centered nature of Americans in general and I agreed with him! Which makes me feel like I need to take a long shower to wash off the icky-ness of this revelation...
But he is correct. Bill Maher is correct. That just feels so weird to type!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

tallcool1
Not the few idiotic barbs he has to include about the republicans and their cheerleaders - that was not really necessary to the point he was making, but I guess all political cheerleaders need to pander.

Maher is trying to attack the Republican party. CPUSA's (A communist party inside the USA, funded by Russia) numero uno obstacle happens to be the Republican Party. Maybe there's a link there.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Paddy Chayefsky is rolling in his grave. In "Network", back in 76 he excoriated the growing trend towards the commodification of the news.
The pandering of corporations to the simple tastes of the masses. It was a movie overflowing with satire and a large taste of doom in the air as he saw our future driven more and more by the dictates of profit at any cost.

Phillip K Dick also saw this coming. He often used the idea of personally programmed info and commercials broadcast directly at individuals through one type of tech or another. Both of course died before they could see the fruition of the perils they foresaw.

top topics

join